test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Theorycraft Fast Hi-Pan Farmer

h4forumsh4forums Posts: 268 Arc User
edited October 2022 in Builds and Roles
After grinding a bunch of Hi-Pan Alert this week, I thought it might be funny to theorycraft a build optimized just for the alert. I'm aware this is an easy alert and not worth building specifically for, but maybe some people might enjoy throwing a free retcon on an neglected character for this purpose. This build has two main goals. The first is to be able to knock off all 4 trash mob spawns for a quick pathing to the boss. Bonus points for knocking all 4 spawns without the team being able to touch a single mob. The second is to be able to burn down the boss quickly without relying on team help. It should be possible to for this character to queue with 4 leech alts and solo.

After some brainstorming in zone chat with crafta, here's the mob rotation I settled on:
  1. Spawn 1: Electric Sheath, Scorching Impact
  2. Spawn 2: Force Detonation
  3. Spawn 3: Energy Refill (Such as crash suit, frosty beverage, egg nog, or energy surge), Nanobot Swarm, Force Detonation
  4. Spawn 4: Scorching Impact
I took Protector spec mainly for Unrelenting, to help move faster since travel powers are disabled in this alert.

For the boss, I went with Electric Form passive because it has massive electrical dmg resistance, which works well against Hi-Pan's attacks. The main attack is Pulp Fiction Ray Gun because it is a strong attack that works with that passive while being able to attack on the move. Unified theory is mostly there to activate PFRG's damage boost. To sustain against the boss' attacks, I went with the overseer rune spec + analyze weakness shield rune combo.

Spare powers can probably be a shield and self res for general use, or energy conversion/dark transfusion instead of using a device energy refill. Force Detonation could also be replaced by Nuclear Shockwave for the debuff, but I think detonation is easier to use for fast knocks. Gearing is just stack Ego for bigger knock, in order to more reliably secure the trash mob kills.

fast hipan farmer - Freeform (Ranged Damage)
v3.45:38

Super Stats
Level 6: Ego (Primary)
Level 10: Endurance (Secondary)
Level 15: Dexterity (Secondary)

Talents
Level 1: Impetus (Ego: 12, End: 12)
Level 6: Shooter (Dex: 5, Ego: 5)
Level 9: Accurate (Dex: 5, End: 5)
Level 12: Daredevil (Ego: 5, End: 5)
Level 15: Indomintable (Ego: 8)
Level 18: Energetic (End: 8)
Level 21: Sniper Training (Dex: 3, Ego: 3, Pre: 3, End: 3)

Powers
Level 1: Electric Bolt
Level 1: Electric Form (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 6: Electric Sheath (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 8: Concentration
Level 11: Unified Theory
Level 14: Scorching Impact (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 17: Nanobot Swarm
Level 20: Bad Sector (Analyze Weakness)
Level 23: Two-Gun Mojo (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 26: Force Detonation (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 29: Resurgence (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 32: Blinding Light
Level 35:
Level 38:
Adv. Points: 27/36

Travel Powers
Level 6:
Level 35:

Specializations
Ego: Insight (3/3)
Ego: Aggression (2/2)
Ego: Follow Through (3/3)
Ego: Sixth Sense (2/3)
Protector: Fortified Gear (3/3)
Protector: Unrelenting (2/2)
Protector: Bulwark (2/2)
Protector: Defensive Expertise (3/3)
Overseer: Ruthless (3/3)
Overseer: Rune Circle Thing (2/2)
Overseer: Impact (2/2)
Overseer: Enhanced Gear (3/3)
Mastery: Ego Mastery (1/1)

Devices
Slot 1: Pulp Fiction Ray Gun

The leech alts could probably be tank role, con stack, regeneration, that way they are robust enough to auto-follow your main character and hopefully not die to spinning circle positioning. Having them auto follow would help save time for the end looting. I believe the alert averages out to two mods per run, so with 4 leech alts it would be 10 altogether.
Post edited by h4forums on