test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Some characters haven't gotten a Nemesis Clue in years.

crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,589 Arc User
edited October 2022 in Gameplay Bugs
This still hasn't been fixed since I've left years ago. Select characters aren't getting clues back then and they aren't getting one now.

I believe it has to do with using certain powers to kills mobs. For example when using Chainsaw, an already very bugged power with an AoE that does not move with you, regular mobs won't drop boosts. You have to pick up a boost from a mob that also dropped resources, which triggers the Nemesis minions to spawn.

It looks like this is never going to get fixed.

Comments

• Options
    ansemthedarkansemthedark Posts: 663 Arc User
    You sure your chars not just forget to take missions from Defender or the Police Chief? They not drop till you done those set missions.

https://championsonlineroleplayers.shivtr.com/forum_threads/310023

From this point on, your nemesis content is pretty straight forward:

Prison Break
    Random Outdoor
    Random Outdoor
    Random Indoor
    Random Outdoor
    Random Outdoor
    Random Indoor
    Random Outdoor
    Random Outdoor
    Final Mission
    Your nemesis is attacking the news station, and you have to put a stop to it. After taking them down, they'll threaten you with their weapon of mass destruction and flee. Some time later, MCPD Captain Martin will mail you to visit him. He's tracked down your nemesis. (If you haven't been getting any clues, you might have missed this mail. Check him and Defender to see if you got the quests.)
    After taking your nemesis down in a warehouse, he's sent to the Millennium Prison jail. End of story? No, not at all.

Prison Break to the very end
    Eventually, Defender will mail you that your nemesis is breaking out. This is also where all other nemeses you make will begin. The first few steps will be skipped, starting with your nemesis breaking out.

From this point on, your nemesis content is pretty straight forward:
    Every next mission will drop from a clue. This same pattern will repeat itself for each and every one of your nemeses, regardless of their personality.

There are four (4) random indoor missions that the system will pick from, and eighteen (18) random outdoor missions to pick from, so after three or so nemeses, odds are you'll be doing repeats a lot.
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    Destroy chairs, pick up boost orbs. Spawns minions everytime.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Posts: 521 Arc User
    The problem is that other people can pick up your clue if you are grouped.
    Once that happens you will not get another clue until they drop the clue that they picked up.

It is a stupid thing that can happen in the game. As recently as the anniversary event I have found other player's nemesis clues.

Now it's possible that they changed something, but I doubt it.

So if, for example, the game gave me the random clue drop from your nemesis minions while we were teamed, that's it. If I keep that clue stashed away then you won't get one. For however long I keep it.

I always drop those clues when I discover them, but other people may not be so conscientious about it. Some people may even enjoy the fact that they are screwing up another player's progress. Some may not be aware of this, though, and some of those people may not even play anymore.
  • Options
    kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,090 Cryptic Developer
    The clue thing doesn't cause any problems. That was a rumor started years ago, and was debunked once investigated.

If you aren't getting any clues, you have an unresolved mission. Try going to Defender and seeing if he has any Nemesis missions for you.​​
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,589 Arc User
    I've checked the mail, Defender, and the Chief to see if they have missions for me.

I abandoned chainsaw and used attacking devices to start killing mobs and pick up orbs, I finally got Nemesis minions to spawn and they dropped a clue.