test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The New 22 Project [AT Design Collection]

locochoco#7652 locochoco Posts: 331 Arc User
edited June 2022 in Costumes and Concepts
Many of you know I've been talking about redesigning the default ATs for over a year now. One of the first real impressions new players have of the game and their potential role within it, is the basic AT designs. It's agreed upon by most that the current designs are not an accurate representation of tailoring culture as it has evolved over the years, or the potential offered by CO tailoring.

I understand the notion that you want to reserve some of the more obviously striking combinations of tights and costume parts to leave something left for the player to discover, create, and claim as their own. But over years of devout tailoring, I've discovered that there are so many possibilities, even with the default F2P collection, that it really doesn't matter if you swing for the fences on default designs. It can only appeal to new players more, and immediately so. We want our peers to be excited to test out every AT without having to worry about figuring out how to look decent before they begin their journey into the universe of Champions.

Let me also be clear that, this is not intended for the Dev Team to see our designs and say, "Let's copy and paste THAT into place instead." This is not the goal. The goal is have fun as players, celebrate CO and costuming culture, as well as show Devs first hand a plethora of reimagined AT designs, using only F2P parts to ensure that each and every one is a viable default AT costume. And Perhaps that does inspire them to say, maybe new At designs on the top menu would be a fresh, appealing bit of growth.

The Goal?

Using only parts from the standard F2P collection, take any Archetype you want and reimagine what they may look like out of the factory for new players coming in considering that At for use, and even running it with a stock outfit.

Let me begin with my favorite F2P AT, The Behemoth.

This one is decent, except for the 70's baller shorts. All they need is "Juicy" scrawled across the butt cheeks.

Steel Age Designs to the rescue!

The Behemoth
52117454169_07c1c3edc7_w.jpg
52117240563_20b5576fa5_w.jpg

I will be posting more, but I'd also love to see yours.