test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Release Notes 5/24/2022

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,089 Cryptic Developer
Cybermind
  • Completing the FATAL ERR0R: Carrier Wave mission at least once on a character will now grant all characters on your account access to the FATAL ERR0R: RAID Array mission. This change is not retroactive.
  • Changed FATAL ERR0R: RAID Array mission the begin its cooldown upon picking up instead of completion.
  • Fixed an issue where completing the alert did not always properly credit players for the FATAL ERR0R: RAID Array mission.
  • Added Data Rain auras as possible drops.
  • Added Power Cycle and Denial of Service Variant Devices as possible drops.

Drifter
  • Added Black, White and Rainbow versions of the Dataminer aura.

Powers

New Variant Devices
Denial of Service
  • Variant of Force Cascade
  • Deals heavy Particle damage to targets in front of you.
  • Chance to Interrupt targets based on rank. If targets are immune to the interrupt effect, applies the Download buff to you instead.
  • Applies Depleted to the primary target, greatly reducing the effectiveness of any energy gain effect on their powers and removing all current energy gain effects on them.
  • Greatly reduces your energy effectiveness for a short time if this power is used without a Self Energy Gain power active (Power Conversion, Dark Transfusion).

Power Cycle
  • Variant of Relentless Pursuit.
  • 25ft Lunge
  • Deals continuous particle damage and snares targets.
  • Increases base damage if you are affected by the Download buff.

Download
  • Increased duration to 12 seconds.
  • Now has a minor boost to energy effectiveness.

Power Conversion
  • Fixed an issue where the penalty continuously stacked.
  • Increased overall penalty to 10% (from 5%).

Relentless Pursuit
  • Lunge range increased to 25ft (from 15).

Forms
  • Some under the hood changes were made to these powers for performance reasons. The changes have no effect to the effectiveness of these powers.

Orbital Cannon
  • The damage on this power should no longer occasionally not trigger.
  • Updated Rank 3 visuals.
​​

Comments

• avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    Here is the UI Description of both Denial and Power
    Circle
    Th3CF73.png

What is that? You can't view the full Info? Silly me trusting the Buggy UI properly scaling :grimace:
    NirAgtp.png
    And Even then, Denial or Service data is getting cut off :weary:

Denial of Service is incredible situational and has a lot of requirements! So I need to warn EVERYONE who see this power and is interested farming for it and building a theme!
    You are FORCED to use Power Conversion just for the Luxury of being able to fire up this power TWICE, before it goes on CD and drains all your energy to 0 :-1:
    R4tp4Oc.gif
    UKcQ74N.gif
    OhQdLnm.gif
    Circle of Arcane Power is not being eaten, but the Device will still go on CD and drain your Energy

At least give us Emanation points for Force Cascade
    It's pretty tone deaf giving us a power replacement for Force Cascade when Force is still stuck on Pre-alert mechanics and still has NO proper Energy Unlock and has a lot of powers that are under performing

In fact powers like Power Gauntlet i'm using on those gifs for theme, also need updating, this power has no Utilities ADV

[Obligatory where is the next Powerframe revamp comment]

as for Power Circle, pretty simple! But Laser Swords STILL needs more powers itself! Which raises the question why are you not adding those just as normal powers :neutral: Just so you can have players going after farming the FOMO limited time devices! Just like Gadgets
    RnS0dHa.gif
    Power Conversion

Fixed an issue where the penalty continuously stacked.
    Increased overall penalty to 10% (from 5%).
    I only use the power to level up Energy Hungry builds and then remove it on lvl 40, this increased damage penalty doesn't make it any more desirable and it feels it was nerfed just for the sake of Denial of Service

POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • destraloedestraloe Posts: 7 Arc User
    Good points by Avianos. These really feel like they should've been their own powers--I don't understand the choice to make them power variant devices. I know there's only so much our one dev can do, though, so I don't have much to say on revamps. CO could really take off if they just invested in the darn thing, but I digress.
  • kilpurikilpuri Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2022
    Manipulator form is broken and does no longer increase CC power accordingly.

Quick testing of sleep on Kigatilik's hounds, 8 stacks vs no form at all makes no difference.
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,431 Arc User
    As Avianos said, we need more actual powers and for the devs to finish power set revamps. No more power replacers until all remaining power sets are updated. PLEASE!
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • nacito#6758 nacito Posts: 975 Arc User
    dax1honwpcry.png
    bug, I think this mission has a huge cooldown
    Just another reptile lover, known in game as @nacito
    4hszgc1knoyo.png

This is a big journey, so far if you're reading this, wish you a good day
  • h4forumsh4forums Posts: 268 Arc User
    I've had several runs today where cybermind did the color platforms + color balls at the same time. This is clearly a bug. Pls fix. It is problematic even when playing through because taking a color to kill a ball prevents taking a color for the platform, due to the previous color being active. If this kind of simultaneous platform + ball is intended, then at least change it so that walking into a color column will overwrite or refresh the current color buff.
  • bladestabladesta Posts: 60 Arc User
    avianos wrote: »
    Here is the UI Description of both
    Denial of Service is incredible situational and has a lot of requirements! So I need to warn EVERYONE who see this power and is interested farming for it and building a theme!
    You are FORCED to use Power Conversion just for the Luxury of being able to fire up this power TWICE, before it goes on CD and drains all your energy to 0 :-1:
    R4tp4Oc.gif
    UKcQ74N.gif
    OhQdLnm.gif
    Circle of Arcane Power is not being eaten, but the Device will still go on CD and drain your Energy

At least give us Emanation points for Force Cascade
    It's pretty tone deaf giving us a power replacement for Force Cascade when Force is still stuck on Pre-alert mechanics and still has NO proper Energy Unlock and has a lot of powers that are under performing

100% agree on this. WHY can't we get the same emanation point for Force Cascade as a bare minium? I've managed to vageuly make it work energy wise with Pulverizer, but more options are always good.
  • negusonic#7245 negusonic Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited May 2022
    So Manipulator Broke.

Also want to chime in and agree that these should be their own powers. Some Devices are build defining and other Devices are completely non impactful for the user.. but these powers feel like the're made to fit into the Gadgeteering Set but also .. aren't gadgeteering.

And simply by the numbers, players who have played the game are much more apt to return and create new players and play more of the game content when you announce new powers vs when you announce these devices. Marketing team at GearBox should have seen this in all the patch releases previous to this one to help the game bottom line.
  • panthrax77panthrax77 Posts: 309 Arc User
    > @bladesta said:
    > 100% agree on this. WHY can't we get the same emanation point for Force Cascade as a bare minium? I've managed to vageuly make it work energy wise with Pulverizer, but more options are always good.

I asked about why we haven't received sny emanation point updates since the original devs and the best answer I got was "No." Unfortunately it seems like the propsect is beyond the will and/or capability of the devs.