test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Is defeating Empyrean Constructs impossibly infuriatingly impractical?

tilartatilarta Posts: 291 Arc User
This took me 10 days at a rate of 100 per day.
?

After seeing there was another level, I can't continue with this contemptous craziness.
I have to defeat the constructs one by one because they are always standing alone, they do not congregate in groups at all!
Based on my current rate of non-progression, this would take me another 40 days to finish.

I don't think the final reward is worth the effort.

Bees like honey, they don't like vinegar.
Everytime someone makes a character that is an copy of an existing superhuman, Creativity is sad :'(

Comments

• Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited March 2022
    It is possible, but its insufferable slow as you have experienced so far!
    I have done it and its the worst Rogues Gallery perk, its like defeating mini bosses instead of minions

The reward for 5000 is definetely not worth it

The best way to do it is to turn your brain off, put the CO on window mode and have a Youtube video/podcast playing on the side on an open browser​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    What is the reward?

Everytime someone makes a character that is an copy of an existing superhuman, Creativity is sad :'(
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited March 2022
    tilarta wrote: »
    What is the reward?

1. Having this Perk on your Steam Archievents (if you are even playing CO through Steam) which barely even gets
    2. On 5000 perks, Empyrean Construct Triumph, you unlock the costume piece Armor Sleek Tech (Circuits Pattern)

It's not even a new costume, it's a TEXTURE for an existing bracer ingame

http://web.archive.org/web/20130908035817/http://champions-online-wiki.com/wiki/Armor_Sleek_Tech_(Circuits_Pattern)

170px-Circuits.png

that and the 1000 perk is required for SCR Vendor Device that summons a healing Empyrean​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    I got what I wanted anyway, so further progression is pointless.
    ?
    Well, as soon as I raise the 300 SCR.

Only two more construction devices to go, one for Destroids and one for Pirate Robots.
    But I think they come as a random reward from Open Missions, so that is a whole new level of tedium to suffer through…….

Yes, I know about the Ladyhawke/Ka-KA serial and SCR, so please don’t say it again.

The power siphon constructs were the most annoying, had to use my basic attack until what they do wears off.

• Options
    warcanchwarcanch Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    HAD been working on the 1000 perk to check out the Beneficial Construct.

T E D I O U S.

Was doing about 30 - 40 each morning before work, but have shifted over to a new time waster recently, so progress has stopped.

I was/am doing it on a character that has Target Lock device and in the final ~500 or less to get the unlock, so trying to kill 2 perks with one activity.

Note about the power siphon in a couple of the Empyreans, IF you have FORCE BLOCK, the advantage is quite helpful here. You can block before you attack and should actually not have to block or energy build once you attack.​​

-=-=-=-=-=-(CO in-game handle: @WarCan )-=-=-=-=-=-
    "Okay, you're DEAD, what do you do NEXT?"