test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Heroic gear

higusahigusa Posts: 7 Arc User
Is it worth to spend SCR in heroic gear or is better to save them to buy justice?

I mainly do alerts and seasonal events for now so I earn them and GCR very slow, I was wondering if that gear could be enough or maybe it limit me on doing other end-game content.

Thanks in advice.

Comments

• jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,428 Arc User
    Most people would say to go for the JG, assuming you can handle the Rampage and Cosmics grind. In the mean time the Equivalent of Merc gear will do just fine.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • warcanchwarcanch Posts: 1,075 Arc User
    And NEVER discount the basic blue gear that has a baked in stat of 53 normal-6.gif, but has 2 other useful baked in items, such as: 90 Offense, 3.7 severity, etc. Those are really good, in my opinion. And very under-rated.​​

-=-=-=-=-=-(CO in-game handle: @WarCan )-=-=-=-=-=-
    "Okay, you're DEAD, what do you do NEXT?"
  • redcastle56redcastle56 Posts: 133 Arc User
    If your eventual end goal is Justice/Dist/Virt gear, then don't bother with Heroics. Any of the blue sets. (remarkable, etc) will be fine.

On the other hand, if you don't want to grind for tokens/GCR, then Heroics are perfectly fine endgame gear.

You often can find heroics on the Auction house, if you want to spend G's but save SCR.
  • omnius#0640 omnius Posts: 204 Arc User
    As those above have said, it's perfectly fine. I've managed to hit the top 10 on cosmics fairly often just wearing heroics, OSV secondaries, and R5 mods, although I am working towards GCR gear and R7 mods now just because I have nothing better to do. So if your time is pretty limited you're fine. Right now I'm just doing cosmics for GCR and plan on upgrading to Virtuous/Distinguished with R7 mods. That's just how I chose to do it mostly because I hadn't decided how far I wanted to go until after I already had a few sets, you can also just skip the heroics and go straight for cosmics. The only thing I decided for sure is that I will not be spending time on acquiring Justice. How much time you have is up to you though. But on that note all I'm going to say is that the following claims you will definitely hear about the time it takes are not true:
    1. "It's not as bad as people keep saying"
    2. "I only spend a few hours per day logged into this game and got my JG pretty fast" (that one gives me laugh lines)
    3. "rampages fast to organize and do"
    4. "JG token drop rates are good"

:p
    Unholy Consult | Pantheon | Lazarus Frost | Sword Saint | Gammatron | Blackguard | Imperator | Sardaukar | Risen Osiris
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,428 Arc User
    ABut on that note all I'm going to say is that the following claims you will definitely hear about the time it takes are not true:
    1. "It's not as bad as people keep saying"
    2. "I only spend a few hours per day logged into this game and got my JG pretty fast" (that one gives me laugh lines)
    3. "rampages fast to organize and do"
    4. "JG token drop rates are good"
    :p

Well, all I can say is that I have 43+ complete sets of JG (some characters have an extra piece for when they want to fill a different role) and enough tokens for 3-4 more stashed away, and I do only play a few hours per day. That's not counting the 15 DG, 12 VG and 4 Legions sets. Of course, that's over 10 years of playing. Your results may vary.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • higusahigusa Posts: 7 Arc User
    Thanks for your replies, I got a better idea now on how to get my gear.

I don´t think I´m gonna get a full set for all my toons but atleast want my main character to be proper equipped so gonna try to go for justice but getting some other options in the meantime to not sacrifice utility.

Thanks again.
  • omnius#0640 omnius Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited November 2021
    edit: you're right, was in a pissy argumentative mood, apologies
    Post edited by omnius#0640 on
    Unholy Consult | Pantheon | Lazarus Frost | Sword Saint | Gammatron | Blackguard | Imperator | Sardaukar | Risen Osiris
  • warcanchwarcanch Posts: 1,075 Arc User
    I don't think calling Jaazaniah1 a liar is helpful to your concern. Every player plays differently.

Each day, for a few hours, you can accumulate some Rampage-only items that are needed for Justice Gear. Plus, doing Cosmics and/or QWZ and some other things to accumulate Silver and Gold Recog.

Personally, I don't care for the Rampages, in general. So, they are done by me only occasionally. Hence the reason that I have only 2 characters with full Justice Gear. Otherwise, I do Cosmics only to acquire my SCR/GCR. So, it does take a long time to get a full set on any character, for me.

Do I miss getting the +147 Offense in getting the Justice Gear? Not really. I've decided that I can live with the +64 Defense for a full set of Distinguished Gear on my DPS characters.

And I don't have the majority of my characters in end-game gear. Which is fine by me, as well. I get some progress for several characters, while others just have basic blue or some previously end-game gear Heroics. Everyone works just fine at all Cosmics, except Eidolon. I don't take the lesser geared characters to Eidolon.​​

-=-=-=-=-=-(CO in-game handle: @WarCan )-=-=-=-=-=-
    "Okay, you're DEAD, what do you do NEXT?"