test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

question about maintains and debuffs

If you're using a maintain attack (ie. Soul Beam) does it adjust debuff bonuses on the fly or do you have to wait for the next full maintain for it to take effect? For example, If I or someone else cast a debuff to enemy resist on a target while I'm partially through a maintain of Soul Beam, will that debuff apply to that maintain on the fly, or not until my next Soul beam?
Unholy Consult | Pantheon | Lazarus Frost | Sword Saint | Gammatron | Blackguard | Imperator | Sardaukar | Risen Osiris

Comments

• flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    edited November 2021
    Yea, it should dynamically adjust. You can test this yourself by standing at max range when using the Wisp (w/ Hexed adv) and going immediately into Soul Beam on a dummy in the PH. Since the Wisp has a travel time, you can get a few ticks of Soul Beam in before the Wisp lands, and see that the dmg from those ticks doesn't benefit from the Magic dmg resist debuff (and the other potential dmg bonuses), but the ticks afterwards do (comparing the final dmg to the base dmg that's in parenthesis in the combat log).
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • omnius#0640 omnius Posts: 204 Arc User
    ok thanks
    Unholy Consult | Pantheon | Lazarus Frost | Sword Saint | Gammatron | Blackguard | Imperator | Sardaukar | Risen Osiris