test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Unkilleable tank Freeform build

Im looking for an Unkilleable tank Freeform build. Fire (Dragon) themed. Anyone have a good guide for it?

Comments

• flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,740 Arc User
    edited November 2021
    Okay, here's one example build for a Fire-based tank:

(Unnamed Build) - Freeform (Tank)
    v3.44:37

Super Stats
    Level 6: Constitution (Primary)
    Level 10: Recovery (Secondary)
    Level 15: Dexterity (Secondary)

Talents
    Level 1: The Void (Dex: 8, Con: 10, Rec: 10, End: 10)
    Level 6: Amazing Stamina (Rec: 5, End: 5)
    Level 9: Quick Recovery (Con: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 12: Impresario (Dex: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 15: Acrobat (Dex: 5, Con: 5)
    Level 18: Boundless Reserves (Con: 5, End: 5)
    Level 21: Accurate (Dex: 5, End: 5)

Powers
    Level 1: Throw Fire
    Level 1: Fire Breath (Rank 2, Spitfire, Challenge!)
    Level 6: Fiery Will
    Level 8: Invulnerability (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 11: Thermal Reverberation
    Level 14: Incendiary Grenade (Chemical Burn, Scorched Ground, Challenge!)
    Level 17: Resurgence (Rank 2)
    Level 20: Incinerate (Rank 2, Rank 3, Burninator)
    Level 23: Fire Snake (Rank 2, Trail Blazer)
    Level 26: Endorphin Rush (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 29: Absorb Heat (Challenge!)
    Level 32: Fire Shield (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 35: Immolation
    Level 38:
    Adv. Points: 34/36

Travel Powers
    Level 6:
    Level 35:

Specializations
    Constitution: Unyielding (1/2)
    Constitution: Fuel My Fire (3/3)
    Constitution: Resilient (2/2)
    Constitution: Adrenaline Rush (2/2)
    Constitution: Armored (2/2)
    Protector: Fortified Gear (3/3)
    Protector: Bulwark (2/2)
    Protector: Defensive Expertise (2/3)
    Protector: Resolute (3/3)
    Guardian: Fortified Gear (3/3)
    Guardian: Ruthless (2/2)
    Guardian: Find the Mark (3/3)
    Guardian: The Best Defense (2/3)
    Mastery: Constitution Mastery (1/1)

The last 1-2 powers can be w/e ya want.

Figured you'd want Fire Breath for the dragon aspect, and it can be your main AoE attack here. For single-targets, Incinerate will be your main attack instead. In both cases, you'll want to use both the Incendiary Grenade and Firesnake when they're available (for debuffs and for CFlames procs in the background; the grenade can also apply primary Challenge for Incinerate). Even if the grenade comes from Muni, it's really nice for the build, so you could just imagine it as throwing a lava bomb at your targets or something.

You can also use Absorb Heat to put up Challenge in an area around you, and potentially give you a small extra heal (and you can also use Absorb Heat when a boss is close for 2ndary Challenge). Endorphin Rush can be a regular self-HoT, while Resurgence is your big self-heal. The specs can also be Guardicator, if you want a bit more of an offensive focus here (Protector Mastery could also be taken instead of Con Mastery, if keeping Protector spec). Gears mostly for Con, w/ some Rec (for Fiery Will) and Dex.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • aglo#4542 aglo Posts: 31 Arc User
    flowcyto wrote: »
    Okay, here's one example build for a Fire-based tank:

(Unnamed Build) - Freeform (Tank)
    v3.44:37

Super Stats
    Level 6: Constitution (Primary)
    Level 10: Recovery (Secondary)
    Level 15: Dexterity (Secondary)

Talents
    Level 1: The Void (Dex: 8, Con: 10, Rec: 10, End: 10)
    Level 6: Amazing Stamina (Rec: 5, End: 5)
    Level 9: Quick Recovery (Con: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 12: Impresario (Dex: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 15: Acrobat (Dex: 5, Con: 5)
    Level 18: Boundless Reserves (Con: 5, End: 5)
    Level 21: Accurate (Dex: 5, End: 5)

Powers
    Level 1: Throw Fire
    Level 1: Fire Breath (Rank 2, Spitfire, Challenge!)
    Level 6: Fiery Will
    Level 8: Invulnerability (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 11: Thermal Reverberation
    Level 14: Incendiary Grenade (Chemical Burn, Scorched Ground, Challenge!)
    Level 17: Resurgence (Rank 2)
    Level 20: Incinerate (Rank 2, Rank 3, Burninator)
    Level 23: Fire Snake (Rank 2, Trail Blazer)
    Level 26: Endorphin Rush (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 29: Absorb Heat (Challenge!)
    Level 32: Fire Shield (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 35: Immolation
    Level 38:
    Adv. Points: 34/36

Travel Powers
    Level 6:
    Level 35:

Specializations
    Guardian: Fortified Gear (3/3)
    Guardian: Ruthless (2/2)
    Guardian: Find the Mark (3/3)
    Guardian: The Best Defense (2/3)
    Mastery: Constitution Mastery (1/1)

The last 1-2 powers can be w/e ya want.

Figured you'd want Fire Breath for the dragon aspect, and it can be your main AoE attack here. For single-targets, Incinerate will be your main attack instead. In both cases, you'll want to use both the Incendiary Grenade and Firesnake when they're available (for debuffs and for CFlames procs in the background; the grenade can also apply primary Challenge for Incinerate). Even if the grenade comes from Muni, it's really nice for the build, so you could just imagine it as throwing a lava bomb at your targets or something.

You can also use Absorb Heat to put up Challenge in an area around you, and potentially give you a small extra heal (and you can also use Absorb Heat when a boss is close for 2ndary Challenge). Endorphin Rush can be a regular self-HoT, while Resurgence is your big self-heal. The specs can also be Guardicator, if you want a bit more of an offensive focus here (Protector Mastery could also be taken instead of Con Mastery, if keeping Protector spec). Gears mostly for Con, w/ some Rec (for Fiery Will) and Dex.

Well, actually that cuild sounds like a Bruisher, im looking for something with less dmg and more defense. The dragon theme is actually optional. I thought on the fire energy builder and just another fire abilities, since they are not tank
    edited November 2021
    I'm a bit confused by your reply and its wording. Could you clarify what you mean by "and just another fire abilities, since they are not tank" and "actually that cuild sounds like a Bruisher"? (I guess you meant 'build' and 'bruiser'?) Regardless, it's a build using the Tank role, a defensive passive, defensive specs, and Constitution as its main stat; its focus is not on damage.

Also, what content do you plan on doing w/ this character? My build should be fine for the vast majority of it (provided you gear well and know the fights).
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    Sorry, I'm bad at explaining.

This build is for endgame, to tank cosmics or very strong villains.

The build I'm looking for it's a extremely resistant build, not so much dmg. (Note: I'm newbie in the tank world, I've been healer otp 3 years straight, so, I don't really know how good your build is)
    edited November 2021
    Oh, alright. Well, you can consider changing the passive to R3 Defiance, I guess. Defiance does require stacking and getting hit to work optimally, but it also provides more optimal dmgRes/defense than Invuln (Invuln can still be fine at cosmics, though, and can be much better than Defiance in other content and/or if you're not regularly getting hit). You could also squeeze out a bit more defensive stats from trading Guardian spec for Warden spec w/ Elusive, or for Sentry spec, if you don't mind losing some dmg and threat gen.

Else, much of it really just comes down to gearing (you'd pretty much be stacking Con, I imagine), gear quality, good blocking and knowing the fights, and having a decent team comp- the build itself can only do so much on its own. Also, since you're a new tank, you'll prob want some friends and/or acquaintances to help you out when learning stuff, since tanking can be tough at first (esp at cosmics, and you'll prob want to cut your teeth on easier stuff first).
    flowcyto wrote: »
    Oh, alright. Well, you can consider changing the passive to R3 Defiance, I guess. Defiance does require stacking and getting hit to work optimally, but it also provides more optimal dmgRes/defense than Invuln (Invuln can still be fine at cosmics, though, and can be much better than Defiance in other content and/or if you're not regularly getting hit). You could also squeeze out a bit more defensive stats from trading Guardian spec for Warden spec w/ Elusive, or for Sentry spec, if you don't mind losing some dmg and threat gen.

Else, much of it really just comes down to gearing (you'd pretty much be stacking Con, I imagine), gear quality, good blocking and knowing the fights, and having a decent team comp- the build itself can only do so much on its own. Also, since you're a new tank, you'll prob want some friends and/or acquaintances to help you out when learning stuff, since tanking can be tough at first (esp at cosmics, and you'll prob want to cut your teeth on easier stuff first).

Thank you! Would you mind rewritting the build you wrote yesterday with this changes? I think I'm fine with Invulnerability, since Defience usually scales a little bit slow.

And I forgot about threat! I need it as well, this build have it?

Oh, and what do you think about Defensive combo? It looks very good to absorb huge dps!
    edited November 2021
    Oh, and what do you think about Defensive combo? It looks very good to absorb huge dps!
    The problem is that Defensive Combo is a weak melee combo (in a ranged build), and while the dmg shield can be nice, it's not really a replacement for good blocking either.
    And I forgot about threat! I need it as well, this build have it?
    The Fire build itself should actually have pretty decent threat even w/ some more defensive changes, since you have plenty of extra effects that can work even while blocking frequently (Fire shield's kickback, CFlames, Firesnake, Pyre Patch + Challenge from the grenade), and you can also throw in taps of Absorb Heat to quickly put up 2ndary challenge on top of that.
    Thank you! Would you mind rewritting the build you wrote yesterday with this changes? I think I'm fine with Invulnerability, since Defience usually scales a little bit slow.
    Alright, since the only other change to the build I highlighted (outside of potentially changing to Defiance) were the specs, then I'll just show a different potential spec layout there (using Sentry):

Specializations
    Sentry: Fortified Gear (3/3)
    Sentry: Sentry Aura (3/3)
    Sentry: Fortify (2/2)
    Sentry: Reinforce (2/2)
    Mastery: Constitution Mastery (1/1) (*or Protector Mastery)

.. or w/ Warden + Elusive (instead of Sentry or Guardian):
    Warden: Fortified Gear (3/3)
    Warden: Ruthless (2/2)
    Warden: Elusive (2/2)
    Warden: The Best Defense (3/3)