test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Archer Support

kjames91kjames91 Posts: 186 Arc User
Hey there!

Summoned up another build and this is more like a D&D ranger/ plant based with the new medical arrow (CO... I need you to work on a nature powerset.. anyway). Any thoughts? This build is heals hopefully to be used in endgame and lairs. https://aesica.net/co/herocreator.htm?v=37&n=Plant Support/ Archer&d=16730n673OPY063010K000K500K400MC006400ON00OI00Mb00ML00MF001L000000000000000mTO03GP03Et60000000000&e=

Comments

• carrionbaggagecarrionbaggage Posts: 721 Community Moderator
    edited October 2021
    For endgame content, I would recommend adding a block replacer and an ally rez. Here's one take on it, with notes below:

Plant Support/ Archer - Freeform (Support)
    v3.44:37

Super Stats
    Level 6: Presence (Primary)
    Level 10: Constitution (Secondary)
    Level 15: Endurance (Secondary)

Talents
    Level 1: Abyssal (Con: 12, End: 12)
    Level 6: Shrug It Off (Con: 5, Pre: 5)
    Level 9: Boundless Reserves (Con: 5, End: 5)
    Level 12: Prodigy (Pre: 5, End: 5)
    Level 15: Survival Training (Dex: 3, Con: 3, Pre: 3, Rec: 2, End: 2)
    Level 18: Quick Recovery (Con: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 21: Lasting Impression (Pre: 5, Rec: 5)

Powers
    Level 1: Radiance
    Level 1: Compassion
    Level 6: Iniquity (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 8: Aura of Radiant Protection (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 11: Retaliation (Rank 2, Indomitable)
    Level 14: Storm of Arrows (Rank 2, Achilles' Heel)
    Level 17: Life Essence (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 20: Will-o'-the-Wisp
    Level 23: Arcane Vitality (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 26: Resurgence (Rank 2)
    Level 29: Redemption (Salvation)
    Level 32: Thundering Return
    Level 35: Medical Arrow (Rank 2, Rank 3, USB Arrow)
    Level 38: Transcendence
    Adv. Points: 36/36

Travel Powers
    Level 6: Athletics (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 35: Flight

Specializations
    Presence: Repurpose (3/3)
    Presence: Selfless Ally (2/2)
    Presence: Moment of Glory (3/3)
    Presence: Force of Will (2/2)
    Sentinel: Caregiver (3/3)
    Sentinel: Sentinel Aura (3/3)
    Sentinel: Moment of Need (3/3)
    Sentinel: Genesis (1/2)
    Overseer: Administer (3/3)
    Overseer: Ruthless (2/2)
    Overseer: Trapped (3/3)
    Overseer: Conservation (2/2)
    Mastery: Presence Mastery (1/1)

Devices

Gears for PRE, with some CON as needed.

An AoE drain heal (Life Essence, in this case) is pretty handy at Kigatilik, and in lairs where you want to heal yourself and allies at the same time (Vikorin, Therakiel's Temple, probably Robot Factory, etc).

Arcane Vitality could be swapped with Vala's Light, if you prefer. I'd use it primarily for healing multiple tanks at Cosmics, and for outpacing Life Essence when healing heavy damage on yourself.

Retaliation with Indomitable is handy for turtling against incoming damage, giving you some extra resistance once you start healing yourself. I tend to prefer Ebon Void with Voracious Darkness, but was worried it might clash with your theme.

I'm not a fan of how Medical Arrow was implemented, since large Cosmic models often block the healing zone. I kept it since it seems important to your theme, but you could consider swapping it if another part of the build feels lacking. The Illuminate advantage has merit, if you prefer that over rank 3. Wisp also has an Illuminate advantage, if you'd rather shift points to that.

Tossing Conviction back into the mix could be helpful in high-pressure content like Therakiel's Temple, but might feel like overkill elsewhere. I find Life Essence and self-targeted Arcane Vitality to be sufficient in most situations, with Resurgence to cover mistakes and emergencies.

Your natural energy regeneration from Support role, with the occasional tick from Compassion, should cover your energy stability. Genesis/Conservation/USB Arrow also help, along with +Cost Discount in your utility gear. If you're having energy issues while leveling/gearing, you could shoehorn Overdrive as an energy unlock, and retcon it later.

Transcendence can be handy in lairs where you're taking enemy fire, or for quickly bouncing back from a mass death at a Cosmic; but I wouldn't consider it necessary if you prefer something else or don't have it unlocked.

I don't often choose Eternal Spring, as it doesn't work with Iniquity and yields a small output with maintained heals. I used it for a while on Eidolon runs (with Arcane Vitality and Lifedrain), and it only accounted for around 3% of my healing output. It could provide more benefit if you choose to keep Vala's Light.

I added Storm of Arrows as a thematic attack, so you have something to do when healing isn't necessary (or if you plan to solo some content like event missions). Achille's Heel keeps Trapped active, to give your team a little damage boost.

If you eventually grind out a Phoenix Tear, you could drop Thundering Return.

Hope that gives you some ideas.
  • kjames91kjames91 Posts: 186 Arc User
    Thank you! This is very helpful.