test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Force Cascade Build

nafeariannafearian Posts: 48 Arc User
Hello, reworking an old toon with what I'm hoping will be an endgame viable FC build. Here's what I have so far:

(Unnamed Build) - Freeform (Any / Multiple)
v3.44:37

Super Stats
Level 6: Intelligence (Primary)
Level 10: Dexterity (Secondary)
Level 15: Endurance (Secondary)

Talents
Level 1:
Level 6:
Level 9:
Level 12:
Level 15:
Level 18:
Level 21:

Powers
Level 1: Infernal Bolts
Level 1: Burst Shot
Level 6: Corrosive Pit (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 8: Conviction (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 11: Antagonize (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 14: Resurgence (Rank 2)
Level 17: Night Warrior (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 20: Force Cascade (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 23: Blinding Light
Level 26: Conjuring
Level 29: Will-o'-the-Wisp (Ghost Fire)
Level 32: Concentration
Level 35: Power Conversion (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 38: Incendiary Grenade (Rank 2, Chemical Burn)
Adv. Points: 34/36

Travel Powers
Level 6: Athletics (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 35: Stoic Flight

Specializations
Intelligence: Preparation (2/2)
Intelligence: Enlightened (3/3)
Intelligence: Detect Vulnerability (3/3)
Intelligence: Expertise (2/2)
Avenger: Ruthless (2/2)
Avenger: Anguish (2/2)
Avenger: Round 'em Up (3/3)
Avenger: Preemptive Strike (3/3)
Vindicator: Merciless (3/3)
Vindicator: The Rush of Battle (2/3)
Vindicator: Focused Strikes (2/3)
Vindicator: Mass Destruction (3/3)
Mastery: Intelligence Mastery (1/1)

Devices

I'm finding power conversion is not being used at all so planning to remove that. Also tempted to get rid of incendiary grenade w/ chemical burn as it feels like I'm having too much down time reapplying buffs/debuffs and not using FC atm. I originally had a lot of munitions skills built in here but I've tried to change the theme slightly and remove them as much as possible, still can't find a good alternative to burst shot though for the debuff + proc preemptive strike. Was very tempted to change PSS to EGO or DEX to up the crit severity as the 75% cap is pretty limiting on Intel + not a fan of the Intel mastery - but I assume I'd need a DUC if I remove it. Any advice would be appreciated :smile:

Comments

• flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    edited September 2021
    Well, as long as you are okay staying w/in 50ft to use Burst Shot then it's fine. Incendiary Grenade is also good, but I can understand wanting to get rid of it if you want to use FC more; you could maybe get a self-res or an AO like LNL instead. If replacing Power Conversion, then you could also get a non-KB AoE attack that's cheaper and less disruptive for trash.

If you wanted to play at long-range, then you could swap Burst Shot for Hurl w/ advs and just use Guardicator specs. And yea, you could also change to Ego PSS, and still have Int SS'd if you also are keeping Conc and Conjuring. Pulverizer could also work as the EU here, but it scales w/ Rec (it may be better for a build that's not focusing on Int w/ Conjuring). So you have a few other options overall, but it's up to you on what to settle on. You'll also want to fill out your Talents for the build.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!