test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Hair addon suggestions using existing assets (bangs, ponytails, buns, pigtails, side ponytails etc)

renegade0renegade0 Posts: 119 Arc User
I'm sure people have been asking for new hair for years. There's a huge lack of certain hairstyles, but making new stuff from scratch might be asking too much. But there are plenty of gaps in creation that can be filled using assets that are already in the game. As much as I'd like ask for more afros (afro pony tails, afro puffs etc), dreadlock, and braid styles I feel like if it hasn't been done after all these years, it'll never be done since it's been requested since the game's beta. Maybe what I'm about to suggest is more viable?

My suggestion is a "Hair Addon" drop down list for various bangs, ponytails, pigtails, and side ponytails. Essentially taking the parts that already exist and putting them in there. As well as repositioning some of them for "new" options. When attempting to create characters with traditionally Japanese hairstyles, it's pretty challenging because of the lack of bangs. So, maybe the hair parts can be "cut out" and made into options. Some of the ponytails can get the same treatment, but also have repositioned options for side ponytails.

Hair Addon A + Hair Addon B would make it even better.
I'm sure people have asked for a 3rd Hair option, but I can see that getting too messy. I think with pieces, though, it can give use more options and remain neat without too much crazy clipping. Some of the newer hair styles even already have options like this where the front parts are separated already.

Comments

• metalheart#4270 metalheart Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited August 2021
    Well it 2021, Though raised on western media I have never though of my ethnicity as a side character. And this topic is really touchy. I do hope this thread doesn't get closed out of fear of controversy.

It's no surprise thinking of how most of western media is focused on majority of Caucasian lead characters. Coming from the Caribbean I tend to make stories and characters focused on what I'm acustom to seeing. Though my fascination with other Asian and Mid Eastern cultures. So most of my characters tend to be of different cultures like Street Fighter. Most of my toons just go short to bald. I really like seeing short African hairdos to a point actually proud of it.

Big and or spikey anime hair is so popular today and emo culture with all the hairs bands were popular back in 2013 to 16 and the devs also missed that opportunity. It show that lack of ability to appeal to popularity. While focusing on dilly dally. We only got the Rave and Goth Lock block recently. And undying has become my favorite. Though it could used some jewellery, hair and tech staff.

We have all posted enough enthic hair suggestions. I think the devs have noted. Note that a specific hair style is not reserved to one culture only. We have stuff like grunge where party of hippy-dread mixed in with flowing hair as seen by Layne Staley at one time. The spectrum is so large I just find it impossible to not notice.

We could definately use more hair bangs, buns, different types of braided. I do hope in seeing in the future.

I vote for unity peace and love. Thank you.
    nJ54tmw.gifThis Is The Ghetto Gothix