test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

NewHero+

kingpin0000kingpin0000 Posts: 68 Arc User
edited July 2021 in Suggestions Box
aka Limit Break or whatever...

(Limited to 2 times per toon. Will make sense later.)

Our reality: At Lvl Cap 40 =>

Primary SS Bonus = +80
Secondary SS Bonus = +40
Spec Tree 1 Limit = 10 pts
Spec Tree 2 Limit = 10 pts
Spec Tree 3 Limit = 10 pts
Mastery Tree Limit = 1pt
Advantage Points = 36
Powers = 12-14
+Free Retcon

After talking to some new NPC Trainer who wants to see you exceed your limits for the next big threat...

LIMIT BREAK!!! (levelup popup *whoohoo*)

Our new reality after Limit Break 1: At Lvl Cap 40 =>

(Merely example values here. They don't have to be the actual numbers since I don't actually know what they would do to current fights. Not much more than teaming up with someone who uses AoPM though I imagine. Keep in mind that gaining levels will be a bit harder after each limit break.)

Primary SS Bonus = +120
Secondary SS Bonus = +60
Spec Tree 1 Limit = 15 pts
Spec Tree 2 Limit = 15 pts
Spec Tree 3 Limit = 15 pts
Mastery Tree Limit = 2pts
Advantage Points = 56 (Exactly enough to give 4 points to every non-TP on FF toons, & even cap TPs as well if you take an EU)
Powers = Same (You keep your powers from first playthrough to 40)
Genesis Stat Bonus(Like GCR Gear Bonuses) = Permanent +10 to all stats
+Free Retcon

(Note: Like this, you'd gain 1 spec point every 2 levels gained past level 10, instead of 1 spec point every 1 level gained past level 10. You'd also gain 1 adv point every 2 levels except level 40 which would give 2 adv points)

Our new reality after Limit Break 2: At Lvl Cap 40 =>

Primary SS Bonus = +160
Secondary SS Bonus = +80
Spec Tree 1 Limit = 20 pts
Spec Tree 2 Limit = 20 pts
Spec Tree 3 Limit = 20 pts
Mastery Tree Limit = 3pts
Advantage Points = 70 (Exactly enough to give 5 points to every non-TP on FF toons, overkill but well earned)
Powers = Same (You keep your powers from first playthrough to 40)
Genesis Stat Bonus = Permanent +20 to all stats
+Free Retcon

(Note: Like this, you'd gain 1 spec point every 2 levels gained past level 10, instead of 1 spec point every 1 level gained past level 10. You'd also gain 1 adv point every 3 levels except level 40 which would give 2 adv points)

Tada...

Not a ground breaking proposal or anything. Just a way to make full use of existing game elements. My reasons:

- Spec Trees are already made up of 20 pts worth of selections.
- The specs you typically don't take from your first playthrough to 40 aren't typically gonna give you any kind of game breaking advantage if taken in addition, even having 3 mastery specs shouldn't effect that much or at least not negatively.
- We already know the effects of similar overall stat bonuses from end game gear despite the new one(in bold) being for both super & non-super stats. It's the only new addition to our setup though again those types of bonuses aren't new at all.
- We already know the effects of similar & even larger SS bonuses from stacked AoPMs at cosmics.

The stat increases I listed basically just give us close to what 1 stack of AoPM from a presence stacked healer can give us. (Less I'm pretty sure actually.) This will theoretically help a lot at endgame content, especially if nobody brought along an AoPM user. At the end of the day, this is just a simple alternative to raising the level cap. No new powers or new UI elements needed. Honestly, I wouldn't care if we got extra adv points or not but why not with how hard leveling already is & however much harder it may likely become after this "limit breaking". I think all this makes for pretty balanced tradeoffs to having to re-level unless I'm overlooking something which I probably am.