test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Interceptor/Strom Javelin Theme Concept

circleofpsi#4619 circleofpsi Posts: 2,913 Arc User
edited July 2021 in Power Discussion
Hi All

Just out of curiosity, but how difficult will it be to try to replicate powers that work in a CO setting that is "Themed" around the two Javelins from Anthem. I do bealive I made a build like this a very long time ago, but this was before huge power changes, but I'm not quite sure.

To save you from watching a 4 min video, I've roughly found a chart of what they do.

Untitled.png

The Storm: The Storm might be the easiest to thame from, but the Hardest to make, as it will require powers that are from all Trees (Arc/Fire/Ice) and have decent damage and not be redundant. I struggled to make one but this may be cuz I was leveling and not have a full level 40 Toon (Yes I am leveling for once!)

Lighting Strike: This can be Lightning Storm or Thunder Strike.
Ice Blast:: Well, Ice Blast, kinda obvious
Living Flame: Can be either Living Fire/Fire Snake
Flame Burst: Fire Strike/Fire Blast
Frost Shards: Not too sure on this but will be fine as basic EB from Ice Shards.
Glaicial Spear: Icicle Spear

The rest either don't exist or won't work in a CO Setting (Unless they can be crossed off as their own versions).

Interceptor: The Interceptor on the other hand might be difficult to pull off as we only have one set of powers (and little to no, elemental based throwing powers). I guess it can focus on the Ultimate for the source of powers (Dual Blades in this case) and try to work around the rest.

Venom Bomb: Gas Pellets or Incendiary Grenade (with green fire)
Glaives/Plasma Star: These two can be chalked off as Shuriken Throw and Particle Smash and Any Boomerang Weapon (besides EB)
Warith Strike: Any Lunge.
Bladed Daggers/Assin Blade: Dual Blades

As said before, The rest either don't exist or won't work in a CO Setting (Unless they can be crossed off as their own versions).

I look forward to see what you people can make!

Psi.
Post edited by circleofpsi#4619 on

Comments

• flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    edited July 2021
    Eh, Anthem- the game BioWare should never have made :p

Anyways, yea there's prob too many abilities there to cram into a build for each, esp w/o having many redundant powers. I didn't play Anthem, but I recall the Javelins all had to use firearms at least to some extent, and I'm not sure if you'd be okay w/ both of them still having something like the AR and/or the SMG to use in CO as basic attacks. Here's an example of that w/ the Storm's kit, though:

(Unnamed Build) - Freeform (Ranged Damage)
    v3.44:37

Super Stats
    Level 6: Ego (Primary)
    Level 10: Recovery (Secondary)
    Level 15: Constitution (Secondary)

Talents
    Level 1: The Scourge (Con: 10, Ego: 10, Rec: 10, End: 8)
    Level 6: Worldly (Ego: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 9: Quick Recovery (Con: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 12: Impresario (Dex: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 15: Ascetic (Con: 5, Ego: 5)
    Level 18: Shooter (Dex: 5, Ego: 5)
    Level 21: Acrobat (Dex: 5, Con: 5)

Powers
    Level 1: Electric Bolt
    Level 1: Ice Blast (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 6: Chilled Form
    Level 8: Night Warrior (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 11: Submachinegun Burst (Rank 2, Wall of Bullets)
    Level 14: Killer Instinct
    Level 17: Resurgence (Rank 2)
    Level 20: Assault Rifle (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 23: Fire Snake (Rank 2, Trail Blazer)
    Level 26: Thunderstrike (Recharge)
    Level 29: Conviction (Rank 2)
    Level 32: Rimefire Burst (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 35: Wind Barrier (Rank 2)
    Level 38: Thundering Return
    Adv. Points: 33/36

Travel Powers
    Level 6:
    Level 35:

Specializations
    Ego: Force of Will (2/2)
    Ego: Insight (3/3)
    Ego: Follow Through (3/3)
    Ego: Sixth Sense (2/3)
    Avenger: Ruthless (2/2)
    Avenger: Round 'em Up (3/3)
    Avenger: Surprise Attack (2/2)
    Avenger: Relentless Assault (3/3)
    Guardian: Fortified Gear (3/3)
    Guardian: Ruthless (2/2)
    Guardian: Find the Mark (3/3)
    Guardian: The Best Defense (2/3)
    Mastery: Avenger Mastery (1/1)

Uses SMG for AoE, and AR for single-target, while Avenger Mastery procs can be used on Ice Blast. Also threw in TStrike, Firesnake, and Rimefire for theme and other dmg sources (and TStrike can give you another self-heal). Other energy unlocks could prob work here, but I went w/ Muni's under the assumption that they are your main filler attacks. Gears mostly for Ego, w/ some Con and Rec.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • circleofpsi#4619 circleofpsi Posts: 2,913 Arc User
    flowcyto wrote: »
    Eh, Anthem- the game BioWare should never have made :p

Anyways, yea there's prob too many abilities there to cram into a build for each, esp w/o having many redundant powers. I didn't play Anthem, but I recall the Javelins all had to use firearms at least to some extent, and I'm not sure if you'd be okay w/ both of them still having something like the AR and/or the SMG to use in CO as basic attacks. Here's an example of that w/ the Storm's kit, though:

Yup, I did like the game for what it was about (I became OP as the Storm, very quickly early game lol). But hey, some games grow then die quickly.

But overall this is just for a bit of fun mostly, to see how well it may work. Once I've finished leveling, I'll toy around with the Storm build on another OC, that is on hold for chnageing, but I like what I see so far.

Yes I was thinking to add Firearms and then the rest as a mix or go pure non weapon, but we'll see.

Psi.