test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

survivable TK blades build

I have been wanting to do TK blades but I am having a real hard time staying alive while doing it. It feels like tin foil even with the heal and shield advantages. Is there a way to get good DPS with a good defense until I can gear up to outlast what I'm fighting?

Comments

• Options
    flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    edited June 2021
    Depends on what you mean by 'good', I suppose, since you often are picking between more dps or more defense in CO. That said, of all the dps builds, TK Blades has some of the best survival tools available, so it's not really a good sign that you're struggling w/ it. I'm not really sure what content you're doing or what your build is, but if you are having problems w/ survival then you could just get a defensive passive like Invuln or Regen and play as a Hybrid, at least until you get better gear and/or higher levels.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • Options
    rhymere#3035 rhymere Posts: 486 Arc User
    flowcyto wrote: »
    Depends on what you mean by 'good', I suppose, since you often are picking between more dps or more defense in CO. That said, of all the dps builds, TK Blades has some of the best survival tools available, so it's not really a good sign that you're struggling w/ it. I'm not really sure what content you're doing or what your build is, but if you are having problems w/ survival then you could just get a defensive passive like Invuln or Regen and play as a Hybrid, at least until you get better gear and/or higher levels.

It's mostly when I go into alerts with ego form I start wailing on mobs and quickly find myself dead in a style I dont get on any of my other characters. Like I'm made out of tinfoil.
  • Options
    flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    edited June 2021
    Well, I dunno what your playing habits are, or what level your character or your gear is at, or what your full build is, so I can only give some general advice. In content like Alerts, you don't usually want to go in first as a melee dps unit, unless you have strong gear and/or some big cd's lined up that you're willing to use, or you know that the other players are going to peel some mobs off of you early on. It may be better to focus dps on one target at a time so you aren't having as many mobs aggro'd on you (Siphoning Strikes on the combo should help keep you alive then). Even then, EBFrenzy's dmg shield adv (assuming you also have it) should be pretty handy when handling a group of mobs, or you could just block if you're being attacked by a group, while other players deal with them (or until they take some aggro off of you). Having some healing packs in your device tray can also help as a backup.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!