test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Rework the Force Powerset Next Please!

Force is a really cool powerset, but it just doesn't function. All of its abilities cost so much energy and yet it has Inertial Dampening Field instead of a Toggle Form that gives Energy like every other set, and it doesn't even have an Energy builder, at least not without borrowing Pulverizer from the Might set.

Its themes are ranged knocks and... bubble shields I guess? The whole 'force shield collapse' thing is weird and way too gimmicky and there's only like two powers that even DO that and its not even worth it.

Instead, I'd recommend building the set around Gravitic Ripple, that cool gravity effect from Gravitar's power in the Onslaught store. Treat it like Clinging Flames or Chill. A toggle form could proc on application, the Energy Builder could proc based on how many enemies are caught in its pull, powers could do extra damage based on the Gravitic Ripple stacks, or Force Detonation could expend them for extra damage.

And can we talk about Force Cascade?

Its a REALLY cool and powerful attack with a very high cost that you need to build around to be able to use. However it also has a stipulation that if you have an Energy Form active, it will make Force Cascade cost less, but it will deactivate your Energy Form for like 8 seconds.

This is awful and I hate it.

I don't know if it was intended as a bonus or as a penalty, but it makes Kinetic Manipulation useless and forces you to use Quarry or Night Warrior instead since they're the only two DPS passives that work with FC that aren't Energy Forms.

Can we get rid of this Energy Form Cancellation thing? Or make it a optional advantage? Because the cost reduction isn't even reliable enough to matter, you have to build around having tons of energy and cost reduction anyway. There's no reason to disable your DPS form and lose 116% damage just to launch one big attack and spend the next 8 seconds weakened with it disabled. I would LOVE to use Kinetic Manipulation instead of Night Warrior for thematic reasons, but its just non-functional right now.