Install Arc

Feedback Thread: Misc

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,078 Cryptic Developer
edited June 2021 in PTS - The Archive

FC.31.20210519.2

Other Power Changes
Mental Storm
  • No longer innately applies Stress.
  • Power will now stun your primary target if not fully charged.
  • Power will now Paralyze affected targets when fully charged.
  • Paralyze strength has been normalized with other Paralyze powers.
  • New Advantage (2): Now has a chance to apply Stress every hit. Stress application is guaranteed when the damage effect expires. Refreshes at the start and end of the damage effect.

Tanglecoil Launcher
  • Now must be fully charged.
  • Increased DoT damage.

Bolas
  • Removed cooldown.

Binding Shot
  • Removed cooldown.

Gas Pellets
  • Updated tooltips to include area effect range.
  • Corrected costing. Cost has gone up.

Holdout Shot
  • Increased damage/cost.

Debuffs
  • Many resistance debuffs lasting 12 seconds have been increased to 15 seconds.
  • All damage resistance debuffs have had under the hood changes made to them. Please check through and make sure tooltips for them are working properly (displaying the correct chance to apply, refresh values, etc.) and that the debuffs are working properly.

Shredded
  • No longer applies Physical damage reduction, Slashing damage reduction increased to compensate.

Demolish
  • No longer applies Physical damage reduction, Crushing damage reduction increased to compensate.

Serpentine Fire
  • No longer applies Elemental damage reduction, Fire damage reduction increased to compensate.
  • Fixed an issue where it would flicker between 2-3 stacks.

Stress
  • Reduced duration to 15 seconds (from 20) to match other resistance debuffs.

Stagger
  • Now has a maximum cap of 9 on a target (player cap is still 3).

FC.31.20210519.3

Misc
Lots of tooltip fixes concerning resistance debuffs.

Uppercut
  • Setup Advantage: Fixed Demolish not refreshing.

Debilitating Poison
  • Fixed an issue where powers using this didn't have updated tooltips.

Sonic Boom Generator
  • Sonic Suppression Enhancer Advantage: Now applies Deafening instead of an unnamed debuff to your primary target.

Hard Frost
  • Fixed duration.

Superconductor
  • Fixed an issue where this debuff could not be refreshed.

Eye of the Storm
  • Cut to Shred advantage: Fixed an issue where Shredded was not applying.

Mental Leech
  • Fixed an issue where the Mental Weakness advantage did not work.

---

Powerhouse Theater
  • Added winners section.

FC.31.20210519.5

Powers
  • Various tooltip fixes.

SMG Burst/Bullet Hail
  • Assault Advantage: Fixed an issue where this was not refreshing Armor Piercing.

Debuffs
  • Fixed an issue where stacking debuffs were not stacking properly.

Mental Storm
  • Reduced cooldown to 12 seconds (from 15).

---

Powerhouse Theater
  • New instances of theater maps will now trigger with fewer players.

FC.31.20210519.6

Questionite Store
  • Added Weapon Display: Heavy Weapon Shoulder item to the Questionite store.
  • For the next week this item will cost 1 Questionite.

Costumes
  • Increased texture resolution for Heavy Sword Broad weapon skin.

Please format any bugs you find in the following format:
Bug
Where it happens
What happens

BBCode:
[color="#ff0000"]Bug
Where it happens
What happens[/color]

HTML:
<font color="#ff0000">Bug
Where it happens
What happens</font>

Please format any suggestions you have in the following format:
Suggestion
Your suggestion

BBCode:
[color="#4a86e8"]Suggestion
Your suggestion[/color]

HTML:
<font color="#4a86e8">Suggestion
Your suggestion</font>

​​
Post edited by kaiserin#0958 on

Comments

• nacito#6758 nacito Posts: 969 Arc User
    good for the specialization of the damage debuffs on physical, but... what's gonna happen with things like Force? which is in a very... special spot if you can say that.
    what about pa crushing? munitions? what about wind? where's its debuff? what about the other melee physical sets? you guys seem to have forgotten they will be affected too​​
    Just another reptile lover, known in game as @nacito
    4hszgc1knoyo.png

This is a big journey, so far if you're reading this, wish you a good day
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,022 Arc User
    Oh Boy Oh Boy!
    Gas Pellets
    Updated tooltips to include area effect range.
    Corrected costing. Cost has gone up.
    Ok some really important things about this power! I see the Performance issue was fixed, The power was using too much Visuals and was dropping Framerates because of that on Rank 1 alone

Suggestion:Give Gas Pallets innate Perception Debuff for enemies, just like Gas Arrow and Smoke Bomb
    Suggestion:Give Gas Pallets Threat Whipe ADV
    Suggestion:May as well. Give Gas Pallets the Noxious Fumes ADV from Gas Arrow
    Both of those suggestions makes sense Thematically for the power! And this isnt really a power used for Damage anymore beyond theme! Honestly, yeah this is not a power you gonna use for damage, needs more usefull Utilities, and perception debuff fits the Night Warrior AT theme too! Consider throwing a bone to this AT consider we won't get Gadgeteer and Fighting Claws any time soon after this!

IRONICALLY at it's current State on Live, Gas Pellets' overwhelming visuals cause visual blindness to the player with the amount of smoke covering the screen
    Other Power Changes
    Mental Storm
    No longer innately applies Stress.
    Power will now stun your primary target if not fully charged.
    Power will now Paralyze affected targets when fully charged.

Paralyze strength has been normalized with other Paralyze powers.
    New Advantage (2): Now has a chance to apply Stress every hit. Stress application is guaranteed when the damage effect expires. Refreshes at the start and end of the damage effect.

I DO like this Dual-interaction with the power going on here! Changing the power's attribute between Tap and Full charge is a very good idea! :+1:

I like the Stress change, it makes building the Stress Debuff faster and having more Synergy with TK (and fast way to apply debuff for (U-MD Ghosthunter Phase Rifle Power Variant Device​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • bigshad24bigshad24 Posts: 24 Arc User
    Debuffs might be bugged because my build is doing 30% less damage on pts than it does on live, I say this after extensive testing on both players and test dummies. For example if I were fighting a player on live with 140% damage resistance my force cascade should be doing 12k, on pts my force cascade deals 8k. I use 3 crushing debuffs, burn through, demolish, and armor piercing.
  • shapey#5696 shapey Posts: 55 Arc User

[*] All damage resistance debuffs have had under the hood changes made to them. Please check through and make sure tooltips for them are working properly (displaying the correct chance to apply, refresh values, etc.) and that the debuffs are working properly.

​​

Bug:
    Uppercut's Setup advantage isn't refreshing Demolish.

Other Demolish refreshes (Beatdown's Blindside, Flowing Strikes on Inexorable Tides and Rising Knee) are working fine.
  • ansemthedarkansemthedark Posts: 663 Arc User
    Nice that we finally get reworks and fixes, but I am not sure what to think of the debuff changes since it will limit builds again and leave less freedom to work around for other power sets using such debuffs.

As @nacito said also, force is still in a bad shape and other powers will be affected heavily now of this.
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited May 2021
    Other Power Changes
    Mental Storm
    • New Advantage (2): Now has a chance to apply Stress every hit. Stress application is guaranteed when the damage effect expires. Refreshes at the start and end of the damage effect.

Amo4.gif

Well, certainly wasn't expecting this gutting until a little later but okay.

"Paralyze strength has been 'normalized' with other Paralyze powers" - Translation, this CC's strength has been reduced. Particularly vs higher level targets. (Roughly 2-4 seconds now?)

Suggestion:
    Revert this change partially. Mental Storm should still innately apply Stress. Just because it didn't have Malaise or Mental Weakness to gut from core functionality, doesn't mean that Stress needed to be gutted from Mental Storm and into an advantage. If anything the stun component should be a functionality change advantage. "Mental Artillery - Changes this power to apply a stun instead of a paralyze on full charge. During the stun has a 20% chance per second to apply Stress to target"

Suggestion edited as this is unlikely to be considered.

Bug
    Mental Storm
    Unsure if this is intended or not, but your notes say that the Stun should be applying to Primary Target only. Tooltip says "affected targets"...and it seems to be applying a stun to all targets on tap.

Stress
    • Reduced duration to 15 seconds (from 20) to match other resistance debuffs.

(Standardization is standardization, so can't really complain in a reasonable manner here...)

Post edited by theravenforce on
  • terminatorxiiterminatorxii Posts: 51 Arc User
    Suggestion
    Burst Shot and the Furious buff
    • Increase the time Furious buff lasts for to 15 seconds from the 12 seconds it's currently so that the Armor Piercing debuff and Furious buff from the "Tanking Names" advantage line up in the duration of time that they each last for again.
  • terminatorxiiterminatorxii Posts: 51 Arc User
    Bug
    Debilitating Poison Description
    Debilitating_Poison.png
    • Could this be looked into and corrected? Powers that apply Debilitating Poison debuff all state that it's a -12% resistance to Toxic Damage debuff but the Banishment Device states it's a -12% resistance to Toxic Damage and -6% resistance to all Elemental damage for 16 seconds debuff
    edited May 2021
    Debuffs
    Many resistance debuffs lasting 12 seconds have been increased to 15 seconds.
    Gadgets BUG: Sonic Boom Generator - Sonic Suppression Enhancer
    This outdated Sonic resistance Debuff is still 8 Seconds

Ice BUG: Ice Blast - Hard Frost ADV, The Ice Debuff is still 12 seconds instead of 15

Electricity BUG: Thunderstrike - Strike Down ADV no longer refreshes the duration of the Superconductor debuff
    Bug:
    Uppercut's Setup advantage isn't refreshing Demolish.

Other Demolish refreshes (Beatdown's Blindside, Flowing Strikes on Inexorable Tides and Rising Knee) are working fine.
    Can Confirm ^
    Uppercut's Setup is not working on the refresh part​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • poptartmaniac#8493 poptartmaniac Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited May 2021
    I am 100% not a huge fan of the debuff changes, please, please I beg of you, leave them as they were. This game THRIVES on customization and this is going to ruin A LOT of theme builds from A LOT of people, specially people with many alts

. This is going to ruin synergy between sets really hard, yeah the people who stick to the meta, or one set will be happy for sure, but like I said, what makes this game great, and what makes freeforms great is the freedom of building a character in your image, and this is gonna be a HUGE blow.

Please do not go through with this, the debuffs are perfectly fine as they are on Live, and they weren't game breaking in any way. :(
  • leuchadegoutiereleuchadegoutiere Posts: 136 Arc User
    ?

You need to develop, I don't know where debuff would affect theme or anything else. If you deal crushing damage, you're already supposed to a use crushing damage debuff. If you expected those 6% to help anywhere, you were in a strange mindset, imho. Like, wtf, I can even think of a case where you would really, badly rely on these 6% physical or elemental debuff. It's not even those mixed damage debuff (like armor piercing) that are changed.
    @Leucha - Cascade, Praise, Gluh, Sanglots, Chernozem, Saadhaka, Ralsershei, La Lice, Cardinale and so on
  • jamesbonnelljamesbonnell Posts: 170 Arc User
    So here's my take on the debuffs. If anything, I would guess this is being done to simplify server damage calculations. Demolish is still 18% debuff, it's just all *crushing* typed damage. But it does work against ALL crushing attacks - might, HW, force, unarmed MA - *anything* that uses crushing is still fine.

Now, IF it were going to SET based - like the +dmg utility mods - then yes, it would be a Big Deal and worthy of being worried about builds. It's not as far as I can tell.

It's just it no longer buffs anything BUT crushing. However, my FC builds can still use Hurl - and won't have anything changed at all. I still get 18% crushing debuff. I'm good.

Now, can my slashing characters benefit from demolish? Well, not anymore, no. But... that's okay.

My rocket PA can still use hurl for Demolish - it's just a simpler calculation server-side, I would think. Rather than 12% crushing and 6% other physical (meaning, all crushing, slashing AND piercing)... demolish is just crushing.

Similarly - If Fire Snake only boosts Fire (which it mostly did), but no longer only *lightly* boosts ice and toxic... well... I'm gonna shrug over that loss of total 6% debuff when fully stacked.

I won't notice it's missing - even IF I'm using multiple damage types.

Is it a change? Yes, it is.

Should it be debilitating or make characters unplayable?

I would hope not but YMMV (your mileage may vary).

I have, for instance, a rimefire build. i didn't even fit IN fire snake, because 18% from ice, and 15% from fire/crushing ... was okay enough as it was. COULD the fire snake extra 6% on the ice have helped? Sure. Was it critical? IMO no.

If you can, test on PTS. Provide feedback.
  • poptartmaniac#8493 poptartmaniac Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited May 2021
    ?

You need to develop, I don't know where debuff would affect theme or anything else. If you deal crushing damage, you're already supposed to a use crushing damage debuff. If you expected those 6% to help anywhere, you were in a strange mindset, imho. Like, wtf, I can even think of a case where you would really, badly rely on these 6% physical or elemental debuff. It's not even those mixed damage debuff (like armor piercing) that are changed.

I get your point, but--

A lot of people like to mix bestial with might, and so on. Bestial/Might with force, etc. I know this is only the physical ones, but my fear is it evolves and they also do it for the ones you mentioned, like armor piercing.

Anyway I definitely over reacted a bit, I'll admit, and I apologize but I still am not happy about the change.
    Post edited by poptartmaniac#8493 on
    Well - I think that's a legitimate concern. They haven't *said* they are changing the "true" and relatively recent dual debuffs, like Armor Piercing or No Quarter yet. Can't say either way what they'll do with those.

But to my knowledge, they didn't change these in this patch at this time.

• redcastle56redcastle56 Posts: 133 Arc User
    Wind takes a little hit here maybe. It already has the problem of having to deal with 3 damage types (crushing, cold, lightning) Having a buff that could affect 2 out of the three at once was useful. (elemental damage)
    As well as people who might want to use the Energy Storm Ult.
  • lunnylunnylunnylunny Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited May 2021
    Only place I see this (the Resistance Debuff change) having any actual noticeable effects is on Cosmics. The stacks of shredded from Beastial won't be buffing the Might people, and the Demolish stacks won't be buffing the Beastial people, as example.

Other than team resist debuffs helping you a bit, this is an acceptable change, because it's not a big deal. Hopefully this helps on making damage calculations in cosmics easier, and therefore less server strain, and maybe less "Hits not registering" issues from the wave of PA spam, and occasional Pet builds in Kiga.
  • chimerafreekchimerafreek Posts: 383 Arc User
    I guess that just ends my mind break setup then.
    Gonna take a break from testing for now, but here is what else I could find thus far (sry if it's a bit much at once):

(I also didn't color all the text red cause I figured it would be too much)

Typo: Frag Grenade's Cuts and Scrapes adv does not detail the Armor Piercing debuff in its description (under the Enhancement section).

Typo: Engulfing Flames' debuff icon still lists that it debuffs for Elemental dmg.

Typo: No Quarter's debuff icon only lists that it debuffs for Crushing dmg, and not for Fire dmg.

Bug?: Gatling Gun is no longer guaranteed to refresh Armor Piercing on tap, if it is already up. (it could do this before; I hope the former way was intended).

Typo: The description for Chest Beam's Point Blank Blast adv is still listing its dmg boost as "+??%" dmg. (maybe its details should be outlined like TGM's Close the Gap adv?)

Typo: Power Gauntlet's Downrange Disaster adv is still not detailing anything in its description.

Typo: Lightspeed Strike's Particle Acceleration adv does not detail the Disintegrate debuff in its description.

Typo?: Lightwave Slash's Light Mend adv lists that it refreshes Disintegrate by 9.3 seconds, when it probably should be for 10 seconds.

Typo?: Disintegrate still lists in its description and debuff icon that it debuffs for Energy dmg. (not sure if this is intended or not, since it wasn't in the original list)

Typo: Shredded's tooltip detail on Blade Tempest doesn't list its 15 second duration, and it still wrongly lists that Shredded boosts all Physical dmg by a small amount in the descriptions for Blade Tempest and Viper's Fangs.

Typo: Shredded's debuff icon still lists that it debuffs for Physical dmg.

Bug: Eye of the Storm's Cut to Shreds adv doesn't seem to apply Shredded at all, and including on full maintain.

Typo: Demolish's debuff icon still lists that it debuffs for Physical dmg.

Typo: Stress' debuff icon doesn't list any details. (Stress and Mental Storm's DoT also have the same debuff icon)

Bug: Mental Leech's Mental Weakness adv doesn't seem to apply its own debuff. (Shadow of Doubt's Malaise does)

Bug?: Collective Will only gets 3 attacks off usually per entity, when it looks like it's close to getting a 4th before it disappears.

Bug: Skewer still lists the wrong base dmg in its description before you've trained it.

Typo: Wield Earth and Tremor don't list any tooltip details (dmg, energy cost, etc) in their descriptions on the adv page.

Typo: The description for Iron Chain's Demolition adv still lists that Demolish boosts all Physical dmg by a small amount.

Typo: Skarn's Bane's power description doesn't detail that Hexed debuffs for Magic dmg.

Typo: Eldritch Blast doesn't list any tooltip details (dmg, energy cost, etc) in its description on the adv page.

Typo: Barbed Chain's Sever adv still lists that Shredded debuffs Physical dmg by a small amount (and Shredded's details are not outlined in that advs' description). It also does not list Shredded as being a type of Wound.

Typo: Lash doesn't list any tooltip details (dmg, energy cost, etc) in its description on the adv page.

Typo/Bug: Debilitating Poison still lists that it boosts all Elemental dmg by a small amount in various places (Lash and Condemn's adv descriptions, tooltips for Debilitating Poison), but the general tooltips for Debilitating Poison still list only the 12% Toxic boost.

Typo: Debilitating Poison's debuff icon lists that it lowers Poison resistance, when it's more accurate to say that it lowers Toxic dmg resist.
    Post edited by flowcyto on
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
    edited May 2021
    Honestly I would like to see more powers with different innate effects on Tap and Full Charge! But not only limited on CC powers! This adds more flavour
    Serpentine Fire
    No longer applies Elemental damage reduction, Fire damage reduction increased to compensate.
    Fixed an issue where it would flicker between 2-3 stacks.
    My only complain! This is gonna screw up Rimefire Burst builds! Since it's one of the few Dual-Damage powers with amazing damage and synergies

Ice could get more access to Hard Frost debuff too... Fire and Electricity have lot of different powers to apply their respective debuffs now, Ice has only one
    Not to mention revamped powerframes like Munitation, Sorcery, Infernal and Darkness have also access to their debuffs via 3-4 different powers
    I would suggest giving a Fire power access to Hard Frost debuff and an Ice power access to Serpentine Fire​​
  • psychicslugpsychicslug Posts: 721 Arc User
    I would say do the force as force damage, and wind as bashing, leave crushing as it relates to compressing something or compacting. Would be good for a gravity power set, be all crushing, munitions, well frag and others could be slashing, fire, concussion (sonic or sound), but i feel some attacks in wind may be this as well. A water set could have cold, heat (fire with burn but no flame visuals and would not stack with other fire attack damage), even crushing as the depths of the ocean can crush and getting the bends from shifting in the pressures can kill people.
  • flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,740 Arc User
    edited May 2021
    Typo: Wield Earth and Tremor don't list any tooltip details (dmg, energy cost, etc) in their descriptions on the adv page.

Quickly checked most of the other powers, and it seems like these powers also have this issue:

-Pulse Beam Rifle
    -Sonic Boom Generator
    -Bionic Shielding

(all from Gadgeteeering, coincidentally)

--

And just to make sure the debuffs are working, I also did some basic attack testing on normal dummies w/ Night Warrior (so their resist started at 0%):

Demolish w/ Crushing, Slashing, and Piercing dmg:
    P90xsMH.jpg

Shredded w/ Slashing, Crushing, and Piercing dmg:
    S1VBmPD.jpg

Engulfing Flames w/ Fire, Cold, and Toxic dmg:
    Nk3k0S3.jpg

Debilitating Poison w/ Toxic, Cold, and Fire dmg:
    WpSQUHT.jpg

I also threw in Debilitating Poison cause I wasn't sure what its current state was w/ the conflicting tooltips (ex. Wisp's tooltip doesn't list the smaller Elemental dmg boost, but it seems to be there).

Bug: It also seems like Engulfing Flames is not giving the correct -resist amount. (it actually seems like it's giving a small amount of +resist to Fire dmg for the target atm)

-
    edit: Oh, I also forgot to include Disintegrate:
    KZmdLgS.jpg

Even though it's not listed as being changed, it seems like the -resist for Energy dmg isn't there anymore for Sonic and Electric dmg on Disintegrate (while it does seem to still be there on Live).
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
  • squirrelloidsquirrelloid Posts: 869 Arc User

FC.31.20210519.2

Other Power Changes
    Mental Storm
    ​​

This seems like an unnecessary nerfing of the power. I'm really not sure why this power is getting whacked so hard.

-Stress was much of the point of using Mental Storm. It should be considered part of the core functionality, not moved to an advantage.
    -Paralyze strength from Mental Storm never felt like it was inappropriately long, not sure why it needs to be changed.
    -Making non-full charge uses stuns really hurts the power, since it won't trigger certain important specs as a stun. And since neither stuns nor paralyzes work against important targets at all, that guts the primary utility of this power.

Honestly, if these changes go live, i expect most characters who use the power to remove it. There aren't that many telepathy dps characters out there, and they are probably the only characters who will care to use it anymore. It's going to need a significant buff to make it worth using at all with all these nerfs.
  • kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,078 Cryptic Developer

FC.31.20210519.3
    ​​
    BBCode:
    Bug

Mind Break no longer detonates stress stacks. Tried in powerhouse on dummies and Kevin Poe. Dependency detonate works, Regret detonate works.

Presumably not working as intended since this was working yesterday...
  • I may get heat for this but--

some of these changes seem like they have potential for something good.

But a few of them seem to be unnecessary and some even catering to the min/maxing playstyle. And as someone who likes to do that sometimes, we shoudn't forget that cosmics and endgame aren't the only things in this game, yes they are the main focus on Level 40, but that's exactly why we shoudn't limit the options in building that people have. I know the 6% is small but it helps for synergy between building, and makes it easier for everyone imo.

I'm also a bit worried about Rimefire builds getting hurt as someone mentioned earlier, and not just RF builds but other elemental mix builds.

I just want more people at cosmics and more people to enjoy the game without feeling too limited is all.

But anyway I look forward to seeing some of these changes and maybe tuning things better. Hopefully.
    BBCode:
    Bug

Mind Break no longer detonates stress stacks. Tried in powerhouse on dummies and Kevin Poe. Dependency detonate works, Regret detonate works.

Presumably not working as intended since this was working yesterday...

On this note...

Stress is simply not being consumed. The intended effect is still happening (additional damage).

Bug - Mind Break

Stress from any source is no longer consumed by Mind Break, however the interaction still works for Mind Break overall damage purposes.

edited May 2021

This seems like an unnecessary nerfing of the power. I'm really not sure why this power is getting whacked so hard.

-Stress was much of the point of using Mental Storm. It should be considered part of the core functionality, not moved to an advantage.
    -Paralyze strength from Mental Storm never felt like it was inappropriately long, not sure why it needs to be changed.
    -Making non-full charge uses stuns really hurts the power, since it won't trigger certain important specs as a stun. And since neither stuns nor paralyzes work against important targets at all, that guts the primary utility of this power.

Honestly, if these changes go live, i expect most characters who use the power to remove it. There aren't that many telepathy dps characters out there, and they are probably the only characters who will care to use it anymore. It's going to need a significant buff to make it worth using at all with all these nerfs.

It'll be faster application of Stress for DPS, but screws over CC which...well...anyway...glad to see someone else who *sees* @_@

tenor.gif

edited May 2021
    Thanks for the continued fixes. Here's some more stuff from another round of testing:

Bug: Fireball's Unstable Accelerant adv appears to be applying to all Fire dmg, instead of just to Burning effects. (it also appears to be able to stack upto 3 times from one player, but extra stacks may not have any added effect)

Bug: It seems like Engulfing Flames is not giving the proper amount of Fire -resist at 2 and 3 stacks.

Bug: Stagger's All dmg -resist is also not working properly at 2 and 3 stacks.

Bug: Stress's Ego dmg -resist is also not working properly at 2 and 3 stacks.

Bug: The Assault advs on SMG Burst and Bullet Hail are not refreshing Armor Piercing.

Suggestion: I hope it's still just a bug on the PTS, but if Gatling Gun is intended to lose its innate Armor Piercing refresh on tap, then please consider adding another way for Munitions to quickly refresh AP from long range.

Bug: Burn Through seems to lower both Particle and Crushing resist by ~13.6%, rather than the full 15%.

Bug: Debilitating Poison also seems to be slightly off, lowering Toxic resist by ~16.4% rather than the full 18%.

(hopefully it's not just something wrong w/ my calcs, since they're not big differences)

Typo?: Lightwave Slash's Light Mend adv is still listing the 9.3 sec Disintegrate refresh, which I assume isn't the intended amount.

Typo: Lightspeed Strike's Particle Accelerator adv still lists that Disintegrate also lowers all Energy dmg resist.

Typo: Viper's Fangs and Blade Tempest still have wrong info about Shredded on their description (above the tooltip info in the Powers menu).

Typo: Elbow Slam's Falling Hammer adv description still lists that Demolish lowers all Physical resist.

Typo: No Quarter's debuff icon says that it lowers Physical resist rather than Crushing resist.

Bug: Open Palm Strike and One Hundred Hands don't seem to properly interact as Chi Power effects w/ their Spectral/Ghostly advs and their Dimensional dmg portion w/ Chi Flame. (ie. no large Dimensional -resist for them; other Unarmed attacks w/ similar options seemed to be working here)
  • qawsadaqawsada Posts: 736 Arc User
    Bug: Using Flash Fire will cause the Pyre Patch to spawn on the user's location rather than the enemy target.
    Sonic Boom Generator
    Sonic Suppression Enhancer Advantage: Now applies Deafening instead of an unnamed debuff to your primary target.
    Thank you~ Thank you updating this power ADV and giving another source of Deafening! This is a huge buff for my Niche Sonic DPS Build
    Now Hyper Voice's obnoxious repel is to be fixed ( ._.)​​
  • psychicslugpsychicslug Posts: 721 Arc User
    I get the feeling that this will become more clear as other power changes happen it is really hard to judge before it is complete, in regards to force and others they may already have plans in the works and is why they are doing it like this.
    I get the feeling that this will become more clear as other power changes happen it is really hard to judge before it is complete, in regards to force and others they may already have plans in the works and is why they are doing it like this.

Actions speak louder than works tho, the Archery rework was promised years ago before it becomes reality now apparently. I would not worry what be next but rather what they change overall as they feel like it.

FC.31.20210519.5
    ​​
  • vonqballvonqball Posts: 923 Arc User
    edited May 2021
    I've been playing a slashing and piercing damage build for a while.. and there was never much synergy there... but now there is even less. I think piercing has taken an undeserved hit here.. since slashing and crushing are the heavyweights of the physical types of damage.

Maybe make shredded affect both piercing and slashing? That would be nice for some of the muni builds that have some bleeds procs and whatnot.
    edited May 2021
    Just quickly checked a couple of things: Fireball's UA, Bullet Hail and SMG's AP refresh adv, 100Hands and Open Palm Strike's Chi Power interaction, and stacking debuffs like Engulfing Flames, Stress, and Stagger. Everything seems to be fine now w/ these; thanks for those fixes!

Also, I missed this one before when testing 100hands and the Dimensional resist with Chi Flame/Power:

Bug: When taking its Ghostly Strike adv, One Hundred Hand's Dimensional dmg doesn't benefit from defense-pierce effects like Night Warrior's and Int PSS's Detect Vuln. (other Unarmed attacks w/ these advs did seem to work fine here)

-
    It also seems like Burn Through and Debilitating Poison's -resists are still slightly off? At least according to my measures. For example:
    ZAxO3ct.jpg
    That's +13.76% (587/516) instead of +15% on Chest Beam after the debuff, and +16.46% (1012/869) instead of +18% on Condemn (w/ CF adv) after the debuff (and both on a 0% resist target due to NW and DVuln).
    edited May 2021

FC.31.20210519.6
    ​​
    edited May 2021
    Questionite Store
    Added Weapon Display: Heavy Weapon Shoulder item to the Questionite store.
    For the next week this item will cost 1 Questionite.
    👀
    I don't know why this will be given for 1 Q for the week but I gladly accept it for 100% COOL factor
    From the name alone you can imagine which NPC animation it uses
    iAIx1nI.png

This is Truelly! The Finest Fantasy! It will look awesome with Gear Blade skin
    bVCeme6.png​​
  • miorummiorum Posts: 42 Arc User
    Weapon Display: Heavy Weapon Shoulder
    Unlike other Weapon Displays, owning/equipping this item in particular does not unlock the ability to change the corresponding Weapon in the Tailor.

Since the item allows the use of the 'Heavy Weapon' skin (and the entire point of it is to allow users to customize it), please check whether it flags the corresponding edit category in the Tailor.

I was able to edit Weapons - ones which aren't in a character's skill set at all - by using a Weapon Display device and then using the Tailor. With the Heavy Weapon Shoulder one, this isn't the case. On Live, across multiple characters; map-changes and log-ins, I've been unable to edit the Heavy Weapon that'd be used for this item/pose.
    In-game, I'm The_Kef -- ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ "That's really it for Champs."
  • metalheart#4270 metalheart Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    The almost free weapons display convinced me to buy the others. That's what I call marketing.
    nJ54tmw.gifThis Is The Ghetto Gothix
    miorum wrote: »
    Weapon Display: Heavy Weapon Shoulder
    Unlike other Weapon Displays, owning/equipping this item in particular does not unlock the ability to change the corresponding Weapon in the Tailor.

Since the item allows the use of the 'Heavy Weapon' skin (and the entire point of it is to allow users to customize it), please check whether it flags the corresponding edit category in the Tailor.

I was able to edit Weapons - ones which aren't in a character's skill set at all - by using a Weapon Display device and then using the Tailor. With the Heavy Weapon Shoulder one, this isn't the case. On Live, across multiple characters; map-changes and log-ins, I've been unable to edit the Heavy Weapon that'd be used for this item/pose.

A little workaround is to make use of the Heavy Weapon Costume Transformation, even better when you have the Account Wide Unlock, so every char has it automatically to edit the weapons without owning the powers.
This discussion has been closed.