test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Psion Envoy (Telepathy Build)

2»

Comments

  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 4,372 Arc User
    I hope that if you are staying with Mental Precision you are stacking Dex to benefit the form. If not, and you are stacking Pre, you ought to go for Manipulator instead.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 11,496 Arc User
    edited May 17
    He can also switch over to Shadow Manifestation in Darkness if he wants a Pres-focus on gear instead, though I don't think he'll really need to make that change. Dex vs Pres will just come down to another choice between more dmg vs more healing/CC (since this is still a dps build that's not using a Support aura passive, I'd prob keep a Dex-focus w/ Mental Precision, but that's just my own preference).
    ________________
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • crynetingcryneting Posts: 2,577 Arc User
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    I hope that if you are staying with Mental Precision you are stacking Dex to benefit the form. If not, and you are stacking Pre, you ought to go for Manipulator instead.
    flowcyto wrote: »
    Dex vs Pres will just come down to another choice between more dmg vs more healing/CC (since this is still a dps build that's not using a Support aura passive, I'd prob keep a Dex-focus w/ Mental Precision, but that's just my own preference).

    Right so, my apologies for the inconvenience from this damm build of mine, but after testing with Pres PSS, Somehow it has made the build worse (Don't ask me how, I have no clue)

    So for the quoted comments: Yes, Jaaz I rather stick to Mental Precision and start stacking Dex to benefit the form, that's never gonna change. So don't worry about that.

    Now Flow while you said Dex Vs Pres, something has come to a mind, will it be ideal to remove the Pres from the SS and have it for Con as long as I can up-keep Pres with Gear/Talents?, The only issue with that is the EU will suffer slightly due to lack of Pres. Or whuold this just crush the CC Part of it?.

    Something like this perhaps?: Keep in mind the build hasn't changed yet this is just from the HeroCrea

    Ego/Dex/Con Focus:

    Super Stats
    Level 6: Ego (Primary)
    Level 10: Dexterity (Secondary)
    Level 15: Constitution (Secondary)

    Talents
    Level 1: The Hexslinger (Dex: 10, Int: 10, Ego: 10, Pre: 8)
    Level 6: Shooter (Dex: 5, Ego: 5)
    Level 9: Ascetic (Con: 5, Ego: 5)
    Level 12: Showmanship (Ego: 5, Pre: 5)
    Level 15: Acrobat (Dex: 5, Con: 5)
    Level 18: Finesse (Dex: 5, Pre: 5)
    Level 21: Shrug It Off (Con: 5, Pre: 5)

    Specializations
    Ego: Force of Will (2/2)
    Ego: Insight (3/3)
    Ego: Follow Through (2/3)
    Ego: Sixth Sense (3/3)
    Sentinel: Torment (2/2)
    Sentinel: Sentinel Aura (3/3)
    Sentinel: Moment of Need (1/3)
    Sentinel: Wither (2/2)
    Sentinel: Genesis (2/2)
    Overseer: Administer (2/3)
    Overseer: Ruthless (2/2)
    Overseer: Impact (2/2)
    Overseer: Trapped (3/3)
    Overseer: Conservation (1/2)
    Mastery: Ego Mastery (1/1)



    Below here however is Jaaz's Specs/Talents, minus the Hero and Vindicator stuff (and no aura from Overseer), this has some focus in Con, but still has the Ego PSS and focus on Dex.


    Super Stats
    Level 6: Ego (Primary)
    Level 10: Dexterity (Secondary)
    Level 15: Presence (Secondary)

    Talents
    Level 1: The Tenebrous (Con: 8, Ego: 10, Pre: 10, Rec: 10)
    Level 6: Acrobat (Dex: 5, Con: 5)
    Level 9: Shooter (Dex: 5, Ego: 5)
    Level 12: Finesse (Dex: 5, Pre: 5)
    Level 15: Ascetic (Con: 5, Ego: 5)
    Level 18: Shrug It Off (Con: 5, Pre: 5)
    Level 21: Showmanship (Ego: 5, Pre: 5)

    Specializations
    Ego: Force of Will (2/2)
    Ego: Insight (3/3)
    Ego: Follow Through (2/3)
    Ego: Sixth Sense (3/3)
    Sentinel: Torment (2/2)
    Sentinel: Sentinel Aura (3/3)
    Sentinel: Moment of Need (1/3)
    Sentinel: Wither (2/2)
    Sentinel: Genesis (2/2)
    Overseer: Administer (2/3)
    Overseer: Ruthless (2/2)
    Overseer: Impact (2/2)
    Overseer: Trapped (3/3)
    Overseer: Conservation (1/2)
    Mastery: Ego Mastery (1/1)




  • flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 11,496 Arc User
    edited May 17
    Well, Pres PSS mainly has Vuln as a debuff to add to group dps via Sleep and MStorm (and the Psionic device), and the extra healing and CC power baked in (plus Moment of Glory boosting your crit, and stacking Dex will make that better here). If you take Ego PSS instead, then it's true that you don't necessarily need Pres SS'd when using Dex w/ Mental Precision, but its extra healing and CC bonuses can also help w/ survival in its own way (in case you take Pres SS over Con SS), and yea it also helps w/ TP Reverb energy (though w/ decent gear and cost discount rating that may not be an issue anyways). Overall, there's many diff SS setups and stat foci + toggle/form combinations that could work out here (Dex + Mental Precision, Pres + Shadow Manifest or Fear Consumption or Manip, Int + Manip, or even Pres_Rec + Compassion), and I wouldn't claim that only one of them is the best- it all just depends on what you're priorities are, and/or what obstacles you may encounter in practice.
    ________________
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • crynetingcryneting Posts: 2,577 Arc User
    flowcyto wrote: »
    Well, Pres PSS mainly has Vuln as a debuff to add to group dps via Sleep and MStorm (and the Psionic device), and the extra healing and CC power baked in (plus Moment of Glory boosting your crit, and stacking Dex will make that better here). If you take Ego PSS instead, then it's true that you don't necessarily need Pres SS'd when using Dex w/ Mental Precision, but its extra healing and CC bonuses can also help w/ survival in its own way

    Hum, yes I've seen some of effects there that PSS applies for, but going back to my build that had Ego PSS before, I felt like it did alot more then PSS did here? (I don't understand how, but perhaps due to they where dying quicker and DoT was making them less effective) So, I maybe fine with ditching PSS and going back to Ego PSS, like Jazz's build.

    flowcyto wrote: »
    (in case you take Pres SS over Con SS), and yea it also helps w/ TP Reverb energy (though w/ decent gear and cost discount rating that may not be an issue anyways).

    Yeah, that what I was thinking, I do have Gear already (provided by a friend) that has PSS stat (due to Ego/Dex/Pre) so I don't think I need to worry about having Pre as a 2nd SS and have it safely replaced by Con.


    flowcyto wrote: »
    Overall, there's many diff SS setups and stat foci + toggle/form combinations that could work out here (Dex + Mental Precision, Pres + Shadow Manifest or Fear Consumption or Manip, Int + Manip, or even Pres_Rec + Compassion), and I wouldn't claim that only one of them is the best- it all just depends on what you're priorities are, and/or what obstacles you may encounter in practice.

    Yeah, I had a toy with the other EUs and such, tho think my best bet is to stick to Dex + Mental Precision, as I find that the strongest IMO, but I will be sure to keep the others in mind, for other builds and obstacles I may come acorss.


    Now with that being said, I've just checked the PTS and it seems that Mental Storm is getting a change, how is that gonna effect my build? (As well as Stress)


  • flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 11,496 Arc User
    With the upcoming changes, you'll prob want to get the Stress-related adv they're putting on MStorm (since it wouldn't be applying Stress at base), and it'll also mean that you'll prob want to fully charge MStorm to apply Paralyze w/ it (to put up all the spec debuffs, instead of only some w/ the stun).
    ________________
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • crynetingcryneting Posts: 2,577 Arc User
    flowcyto wrote: »
    With the upcoming changes, you'll prob want to get the Stress-related adv they're putting on MStorm (since it wouldn't be applying Stress at base), and it'll also mean that you'll prob want to fully charge MStorm to apply Paralyze w/ it (to put up all the spec debuffs, instead of only some w/ the stun).

    Understood

  • crynetingcryneting Posts: 2,577 Arc User
    So now that the Hero-Creator has updated and I got the chance to test out the build again:

    I've gone back to having Ego/Dex/Pre as that is the strongest as my build will get, but I did trace off some of my old build of having more focus on Con (Not sure if I can get more without ditching a SS) but my gear should help composite the rest.

    ML has the Adv installed (but not reflected on the HC) and the rest of the build is un-changed. However I'll like to discuses two possible powers that might fit well for the build.

    Medical Arrow Or Fair Game: Now I do enjoy the quick spam Medical Arrow (with its adv, it can help proc my EU/Form) and the rune is nice to spam heal, on top of being Illuminated. While I'm not sure how fully effective it will be over say a basic heal like Mind Refi. I do find it useful for it's Advs.

    As for fair game however, it seems to scale on Dex and it's quick to spam, but the only issue is it requires kills to get, now killing should not be a issue for my build (all things considering) so I'm not sure what is the best choice here. So some suggestions will be great here.


    Build Below:

    (Unnamed Build) - Freeform (Any / Multiple)
    v3.44:37

    Super Stats
    Level 6: Ego (Primary)
    Level 10: Dexterity (Secondary)
    Level 15: Presence (Secondary)

    Talents
    Level 1: The Tenebrous (Con: 8, Ego: 10, Pre: 10, Rec: 10)
    Level 6: Showmanship (Ego: 5, Pre: 5)
    Level 9: Shooter (Dex: 5, Ego: 5)
    Level 12: Finesse (Dex: 5, Pre: 5)
    Level 15: Ascetic (Con: 5, Ego: 5)
    Level 18: Shrug It Off (Con: 5, Pre: 5)
    Level 21: Acrobat (Dex: 5, Con: 5)

    Powers
    Level 1: Kinetic Darts
    Level 1: Ego Blast (Rank 2, Mind Opener)
    Level 6: Mental Leech (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 8: Ego Form (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 11: Telekinetic Shield (Rank 2)
    Level 14: Ego Sleep (Plagued by Nightmares)
    Level 17: Mind Drain (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 20: Mental Storm (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 23: Mind Control (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 26:
    Level 29: Resurgence (Rank 2)
    Level 32: Mental Precision
    Level 35: Telepathic Reverberation
    Level 38: Mental Impact (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Adv. Points: 34/36

    Travel Powers
    Level 6: Arcane Flight
    Level 35: Energy Slide

    Specializations
    Ego: Force of Will (2/2)
    Ego: Insight (3/3)
    Ego: Follow Through (2/3)
    Ego: Sixth Sense (3/3)
    Sentinel: Torment (2/2)
    Sentinel: Sentinel Aura (3/3)
    Sentinel: Moment of Need (1/3)
    Sentinel: Wither (2/2)
    Sentinel: Genesis (2/2)
    Overseer: Administer (2/3)
    Overseer: Ruthless (2/2)
    Overseer: Impact (2/2)
    Overseer: Trapped (3/3)
    Overseer: Conservation (1/2)
    Mastery: Ego Mastery (1/1)

    Devices
    Slot 1: Psionic Accelerator
    Slot 2: Viper Brainscrambler
    Slot 3: Vehicle Stub



  • flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 11,496 Arc User
    I wouldn't usually consider something like Fair Game, unless you were mostly just doing solo content, and when solo it obv has much more value. Medical Arrow is okay, I suppose, assuming you and/or your allies would be close-up enough to benefit from the healing rune, and you liked the theme/look of it enough.
    ________________
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • crynetingcryneting Posts: 2,577 Arc User
    flowcyto wrote: »
    I wouldn't usually consider something like Fair Game, unless you were mostly just doing solo content, and when solo it obv has much more value. Medical Arrow is okay, I suppose, assuming you and/or your allies would be close-up enough to benefit from the healing rune, and you liked the theme/look of it enough.

    Hurmm, I mostly do run Solo (or Duo) content, so Fair Game Might be useful, as for Medical Arrow, not too sure, but I'm nomraly within 15ft as mostly I am that close to begin with. But I'll have to see

  • crynetingcryneting Posts: 2,577 Arc User
    Small qeastion regrading this build and overall the Telepathic Tree: So, I've been playing the newest Mass Effect lately and the way the Tech/Botic Combos work (Use Throw on Warp) causes the targets to explode, due to the detention of both powers and this brought me to how about Mind Break works and how it kinda acts like a power detonation power combo.

    I was curious if this is viable to use as such, as Mind Break does deal more damage the more DoT powers that is applied (I think so anyway) so I am wondering if I can edit the built to have Mind Break on, but my only worry is that, it won't deal too much damage.

  • flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 11,496 Arc User
    edited June 12
    It's a bit counter-productive to the end the debuffs, esp since they take time to stack. There is some potential merit to Mind Break, like the burst healing you could get w/ detonating Dependency, or maybe as a finishing blow on a weakened target, but I'd prob stick to using Ego Blast for the filler dmg when taking TP Reverb and the Mind Opener adv (you could also train both, though it'll take an extra power slot).
    ________________
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • crynetingcryneting Posts: 2,577 Arc User
    flowcyto wrote: »
    It's a bit counter-productive to the end the debuffs, esp since they take time to stack. There is some potential merit to Mind Break, like the burst healing you could get w/ detonating Dependency, or maybe as a finishing blow on a weakened target, but I'd prob stick to using Ego Blast for the filler dmg when taking TP Reverb and the Mind Opener adv (you could also train both, though it'll take an extra power slot).

    Yeah, that's what I was I feared, I mean I -chuold- put both powers in and just replace the Medical Arrow with it, but I'll have to see how strong it is first, but more then likely I'll stick with TP Rev/MO combo

Sign In or Register to comment.