test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[Mythic] Athena: Origins

locochoco#7652 locochoco Posts: 320 Arc User
edited April 2021 in Fan Base Alpha
51094655450_c128378dfb_o.png

Citadel City, NY

Long, serpentine tentacles of shadow energy slithered forth from the overgrown fingernails of the pale, bony palm of The Master. They found their mark around the thick, bearded neck of Zeus, who kneeled before him in the streets of Citadel City, defeated and at the mercy of his nemesis. The Master was clad in Victorian era garb, complete with cloak and top hat. His ghastly, menacing face was alive with the satisfaction of victory, and the mounting anticipation of the kill.

"You were a fool to have come here, Lord of Thunder!" he mocked Zeus ferociously as terrified bystanders looked on, confused and bewildered by everything that had just transpired.

The lengths of dark energy tightened, making Zeus wince, the gnashing of his pearly teeth wreathed by his wild blonde mane.

"Let it be known that on this day you were many things, but a God, you were not!" The Master proclaimed aloud, using the eldritch tentacles to lift Zeus off of his knees and into the air. His face was battered, bruised, and his brilliant orange and gold armor was tarnished and damaged. Zeus had given his all, but Edgar had defeated him with relative ease. The fight was a matter of tenacity, perhaps stubborn willpower. How could it have been?

The tentacles shortened, drawing Zeus in close to himself.

"This world belongs to us," Edgar hissed into his face. As the lengths of energy began to tighten for the killing stroke, Zeus' eyes ignited with forks of lightning, bringing Edgar's attention to Zeus' staff, which had been lying on the ground behind him. It too was dancing with electric energy. Edgar glanced back at Zeus swiftly, tightening his grip for a quick, vicious decapitation attempt. As he began to close his palm, Zeus' physical form began to dissipate into a flash of electric energy.

"No!" Edgar screamed with a guttural hatred. His dark purple eyes scorched with a primordial bloodlust that would not, could not be quenched until his bounty was met.

*****​

Olympia Tower, Citadel City, NY

With a brilliant, momentary flash of electric light, Zeus appeared on the floor in the master study of his penthouse suite. Still defeated, still in shock that he could have been defeated by a human mortal, he sat up, drawing one labored breath after another. What sort of man was this Edgar Whitmore? This human question mark calling himself The Master? Zeus' train of scattered, exhausted thought was interrupted by a deep, rapturous, barren tone of voice bellowing softly from the darkest corner of the room.

"How pitiful."

Zeus' eyes widened with a juvenile horror. His jaw tightened, palms becoming calmly within only moments. He swallowed hard before trying to speak, but he didn't have the fortitude nor the time.

"A god, bested by a mortal. Such a pathetic enigma of a thing to behold."

Zeus remained silent. He couldn't move, couldn't speak, couldn't think. He wanted to defend himself, appease his father, but he couldn't muster so much as a vowel. A grunt. A whimper. Nothing. He was paralyzed.

"I had such high hopes for you and your brother." Kronos remained entrenched in shadow. No part of his form visible to the naked eye. He seemed to exist only in voice, but Zeus knew he was there. Knew he was with him in the room.

"But you've both failed me, time and again."

Zeus lowered his head, lip threatening to quiver.

"One hundred years. I give them to you, your brother, and this wretched world you've grown to love so much."

Zeus held his silence as he felt the presence - the gravity - of Kronos leave him, a resolve settling within his bright blue eyes...

50969962186_139499ecf9_o.png
Proudly Presents...

51093940297_63586f169b_o.png

O R I G I N S

Created by MJ Saulnier

Action/Adventure/Science Fiction/Drama
Some Mature/Disturbing Scenes
Tagged:

Comments

• locochoco#7652 locochoco Posts: 320 Arc User
    Scene Score

"I've chosen my champions..."

Citadel City, NY

Seth Murphy hastily made his way down a long, narrow street of downtown Citadel City. He was aggravated, antsy and he shivered in the brisk autumn air. His pale, cheaply tattooed hand raised a mangled cigarette to his dry lips and he took a deep, satisfying haul, bundling up his denim punk rocker vest over the filthy, faded hoodie that hung in agony around his slender frame. Seth was a punker, a junkie, and above all, a degenerate gambling addict.

As he passed a tall stranger along the sidewalk, they bumped shoulders enough to jar the cigarette loose from his fingers. He watched with soul-crushing horror as it rolled inevitably toward the sewer grate, disappearing into the depths below.

Seth's quasi-gothic face twisted into a barbaric scowl.

"Thanks a lot, douchebag!" Seth yelled up the sidewalk toward the man who had body checked him with such careless malice of forethought. This simply would not stand.

"Hey! Do you at least have another smoke?"

The stranger stopped, spinning around swiftly. He was a very well-dressed man carrying a magnificent, spiraled gold cane. He had a well kempt blonde goatee and lightly tanned skin. Seth was a little put off by his wealthy appearance, and saw an opportunity to benefit. As the man made his way back toward him, Seth grasped his shoulder, nursing it as though a prior injury may have been agitated.

"I'm afraid I don't smoke," Mr. Jupiter explained regretfully. "But I do have this lottery ticket," he continued, producing the ticket from his coat pocket.

Seth squinted with annoyed confusion, ever so slightly jerking his chin from side to side.

"A what?" Seth asked sarcastically. What the hell would he do with a lotto ticket? This old man might have been more trouble than he was actually worth. But hey, beggars couldn't be choosers, right? Perhaps it was worth taking a chance.

"Who knows," Mr. Jupiter said, taking Seth's hand to place the ticket in it.

"Maybe it'll bring you some luck..."

"The lost..."

*****​

Whitmore General Hospital, Citadel City, NY

Mr. Jupiter stood beside the hospital bed of twelve year old boy, and near fatal victim of bullying, Bobby Benedict. He was fighting for his life in a coma. The outlook? Lukewarm. He was fixed to an IV, monitors and a breathing tube. It was a difficult sight for Mr. Jupiter. To see this particular kid in this sort of shape.

He kneeled beside Bobby's bed, gently taking his little hand in his own.

"Hang in there, little one. You'll find your strength on a gentle breeze," Zeus whispered softly and with a paternal sort of adoration.

*****​

Citadel City, NY

Maria Benedict exited a city bus, making her way down a busy street on her way to Whitmore General to visit her son, Bobby. She smiled politely and greeted or acknowledged everyone she passed, despite the inner turmoil and pain she was processing the entire time.

As she passed a man in the street, he brushed against her, placing something inside her purse. As he passed her, she felt the exchange and grabbed the small leaflet.

"Excuse me, sir," she spoke up, spinning around to get the man's attention.

"You lost your...pamphlet," she said, the leaflet having drawn her attention as she spoke.

She examined it thoroughly:
    Shengli
    51097071432_05d2b5cb18_o.png
    Combat Arts
    Affordable Self Defense Classes
    All ages and skill levels welcome
    Speak with William Porter

"The compassionate..."

*****​

Neon City, FL

Catherine Walsh exited a rundown Chinese hair salon on the south side of Neon City. Chinatown. The dark side. She had just dyed her hair neon pink, and shaved the sides, angling it off so that it would flow to the right side. It was bushy, wild, vibrant and surprisingly sexy. She was loving the new, rebellious aesthetic. This oughta piss her parents off and annoy the drones across the bay.

She stuffed her hands in her hoodie pocket, putting her slender legs to work. As she made her way through Chinatown, admiring the bright signage and Chinese sights, sounds and textures, a fated man bumped shoulders with her, upsetting her usual vibe. People didn't make contact in this part of Neon City unless they knew you, or had a problem.

Catherine stopped dead, facing the large man who continued without so much an apology.

"Watch your step, a*****e!" she shouted bravely over her shoulder as she continued on her way, gazing at her reflection in a window with a big smile.

"The tenacious..."

*****​

Whitmore General Hospital, Citadel City, NY

Mr. Jupiter looked on discretely through the doorway of Angela Thorne's hospital room. She held her newborn son in her arms with her husband, James Thorne. They were an image of love and happiness in living color. A soft gold light gently lit up the surface of his nubile skin. No one seemed to see it, but Mr. Jupiter could. There was something else inside of him. Placed there by a power beyond Jupiter's reach. A fragment of a revenant, ancient and pure. This boy was special. This boy could gather men together and inspire them.

"Have you thought about a name yet?" Angela asked James, looking deeply into his eyes. James smiled, pushing his frames up the bridge of his nose. He traced the back of his fingers across his chubby cheek.

"Let's name him Owen. After your father," James suggested, knowing Angela would love it.

"Owen it is," she said, captivated by the baby boy.

"Owen James Thorne."

"The best of them..."
  • locochoco#7652 locochoco Posts: 320 Arc User
    edited May 2021
    Whitmore University Campus, Citadel City, NY

"But they're going to need a leader," Zeus said, standing in the rain before his brother, Hades, both holding umbrellas. "Someone who can guide them, but most importantly, protect them from whatever comes after."

Hades was just as tall as Zeus, but a little more slender. He was pale, had a boney, sullen face and silky, pitch black hair he favored in a pony tail. He kept a sharp, well trimmed goatee which lent him a quintessential villain aesthetic. He wore a pristine, well fit black suit with a signature blood red tie.

"Your staff is looking awfully small these days, brother," Hades noted, sensing the familiar power emanating from his golden cane. "Whatever have you been up to?" He asked with a mounting sense of dread. He knew how reckless and foolhardy his brother could be. Although they were technically twins, Hades liked to think of himself as the older brother.

"I've been watching over the mortals," Zeus answered opportunistically. He was eager, smitten even when speaking of mortals, and it made Hades even more weary than he had been before.

"I grow tired of squandering my time and attention on these, creatures. You wanted a case study. A lost cause you could turn into another one of your projects."

Zeus interrupted him.

"I wanted a case that could convince you that when given the power of any other metahuman, they could have the potential for greatness. And I wanted you to find that case."

"Well I found you one," Hades barked with growing annoyance and boredom. "Give this boy a slice of your power and he might just kill you with it," Hades warned his brother, a part of him secretly hoping it would manifest into destiny.

"You have no faith in them because you cannot see them yet."

Hades stiffened his brow,

"They infest this planet like a sickness. I see them everywhere."

"You see weak mortal husks. I see indomitable, Herculean spirits. Spirits that find strength through their emotional and symbolic connections to one another. Their love and compassion is a force greater than anything you or I are capable of understanding," Zeus explained with a romantic sort of fasciation in his voice and penetrating gaze.

"Because we were bore from darkness," Hades uttered softly and yet in a plain, matter of fact tone. It sickened him to see his brother in this state. Like watching a sibling slide hopelessly into addiction, Hades hated everything about this experiment. This new obsession of his brother's.

"One hundred years," Zeus said calmly, his demeanor changing as he turned around to gaze at Citadel's downtown skyline.

"Come again?" Hades asked curiously.

"Our father gave us, and this world, one hundred years."

Hades retreated into his thoughts, fork tongue stilled at last.

"He's coming, brother. And I'm going to prepare them to fight, with or without your help."

"Fight? We need to run."

"Where? We can't even leave this world, brother. How long have you longed to do so? How many times have you tried? THis is our station, and our station binds us."

"How long?"

"Twenty-four years."

"And he told you..."

"If we're all to share the same fate, we should meet our destiny together in spite of him."

"There is no hope," Hades uttered, his expression void, mind racing behind his crimson eyes.

"If there is one thing this world has taught me, it's that there is always hope," Zeus said proudly, turning around to take several strides toward Hades. "And I have a plan, but you'll need to entertain this experiment, and give the mortals a chance."
    Post edited by locochoco#7652 on