test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

A second idea for fewer pets, Aka stronger pets

areeeareee Posts: 828 Arc User
edited March 2021 in Suggestions Box
Ya know how you click a power summoned pet they have that little, worthless, I'm a Pet! icon.

Why not do the same. When you summon a Sorcery Pet. The player will get a icon buff on them that says "Sorcery Pet" or "Darkness Pet"
While that icon is there the pet will remain summoned. Should a player with a Sorcery Pet out Summon a Darkness pet. The Darkness Icon will replace the Sorcery Icon causing that pet to despawn.

Of course that means Gadgeteering and Sorcery would have the ability to summon several pets. 3 tech pets, 5 magic pets. Now Sorcery already has a limiter of needing a Ritual symbol in place but also an addition to remove that limiter. Since the Max upgrade for the Sorcery pets is so.. useless, and bugged beyond belief, everyone goes to the unbound addition. Gadget pets don't have such limits. Indeed, amongst all the pets they are the most useful. Group healing from the Drones. High DPS with the longest range in the Munition turret mode. A small army of Toys. Each of them could get their own symbol. Support. Melee. Range.

Now with the pets limited the one thing that has always been a problem with them is their vastly underwhelming level of strength. So if this were to happen to be put into effect the base values of all the pets would have to be increased. Yes, this is basically a rework. The first stage would be as normal. Cost 2 points. Yada. However the second increase would be more. 3 points worth.

Example
Command Animals
Summons 2 animals, your choice of skin if you've gotten the premium package.
Basically they can poison an enemy. See through stealth. Have increased Agro. I have seen the first. Second and third? Nope. So that would need to be fixed. Also, reduce the pet count to 1 with a boost to the stats to reflect that. (Yes I love having two puppies but watching them die while others live is painful)
Stage 1
Bite gains the ability to bleed. Yes that works, the stacking increases dps with both dot's going strong.
Wolves are agile creatures, they work in packs and avoid attacks rather than take them head on. A strike from a deer hoof would be fatal if it hit the head. So some agility and avoidance added would be good.
Stage 2
Debuff Shredded. 2.5%.... yea. I see the debuff go on but I have never seen any noticable changes to damage done. So that would need to be fixed, and slightly increased. 5% is a good number and easily noticed. Some additional agility and avoidance.

Stuff like that.

As for the Sorcery, just remove the Unbound Ritual addition. With the threat of knocks on the player Unsummoning the pet in question. Their 3rd stage should be a bit more wild.

Example.
Ritual of Arcane summoning
Right off the bat the Description states it uses pummeling and an AoE however later stages point to invunarbility like protection (Never got it to work myself) so it must be a tank type yet nothing is said about generating hate. So that should be added.
Stage 1
Eye Beams. Straight line but seemingly single target since I never saw any damage from creatures other than the one the beam was focused on. A little bonus, the eye beams should ignore 50% resistance. That would really grab the agro.
Stage 2 (Remeber stage 2 costs 3 points not 2)
The invunability doesn't seem to work. You could fix that, give him some tankiness ooooor
15% chance to dodge, 95% damage reduction. Literally has a chance to deflect the incoming hit taking a glancing blow. An added effect would be the Primus Spark Shield like effect to incoming damage would be sent back at the attacker.

Bonus
Now there won't be armies of pets anymore. (I would miss that)

However we could make it where a person could have 2 pets out at the same time. (Not including the timer pets and Sidekicks)

Command Spec
Multitasker
Dual Summons
A 3 stage unlock. Requires all 3 points to be put into the spec trait to allow 2 pet types to be summoned at the same time.
Stage 1
A second pet can be summoned for a duration of 15s
Stage 2
A second pet can be summoned for a duration of 30s
Stage 3
Mastery allows 2 pets active at the same time.
(Edit: For clarity, the first pet would gain the timer not the summoned one)

(Inspiration can be a curse)
Post edited by areee on