test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Story Content Scaling

poptartmaniac#8493 poptartmaniac Posts: 246 Arc User
edited February 2021 in Suggestions Box
I know this was one of my many suggestions in an old thread from a year ago.

But I'm bringing it back.

Add Mission/Story content scaling.
This would be a difficult but **massive** quality of life change.
As it is now, most players don't bother doing story and just rush alerts. Because for most it's not very fun and it's not rewarding, specially people who have completed it already.
If there was a proper difficulty scaling and team size scaling on the enemies and bosses in story missions, people would actually enjoy it. Even veteran players like myself imo.

Not only that but XP rewards are split right now. Increase XP rewards on teams so people actually feel **rewarded** to bring people with them, not to mention the fact they'll be able to take on even more mobs for better rewards.
Add Tough mobs (The ones seen in alerts and such) for the higher difficulties, and make the bosses actually somewhat difficult, not pushovers.
**People would also be more motivated to buy, create and level alts. Which is good as that's one of the core aspects of the game, the customization.

Solo players will still be able to play since it won't scale up if they are solo so no need to worry about them suffering.

But as it stands now the content, solo or with a team. Is just not fun, and aside from cosmics and a couple missions like the VIPER nest in monster island, this game does NOT reward teamwork, it punishes you for it, which is bad for an MMO game.

Yes I'm happy that we are getting the new story arcs when we didn't get any content for ages before death rattle, but they are sadly limited to one per day and only a few of them have big fun battles.

I love this game, many others do. As I said this change would probably not be easy but worth it in the long run.

I'm @RedZero35 in game.
Me and a few others would be happy to help with testing or anything.