test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

A friendly spar between Heroes!

scorpio303scorpio303 Posts: 27 Arc User
Fighting Ironclad in the Forum Malvanum alert was always kind of cool.
What if we had a simple alert type (Maybe something along the lines of Two Minute Drill) Where you get to fight against other heroes like Defender, Witchcraft or some of the other heroic NPCs out there? The reasoning could be training or a friendly spar.

What do you all think? Cool idea?

Comments

• ansemthedarkansemthedark Posts: 663 Arc User
    Rather more story stuff them alerts honestly, and we have them in some way, fighting them as Avatar in Aftershock, fighting most their Multifaria counterparts in Resistance, the Menton Mission summons Illusions of Defender, Witchcraft and Kodiak, I rather would expand on those and make those lairs and packs more accessible and repeatable for good reasons. A quick alert won't change much besides hitting another Super Villain level enemy type.

Overall more Villain and Hero team ups would be welcomed as serial and adventure pack, like Cyberlord with your Nemesis in Whiteout, or Bunker Buster type with all this lore filled Villain team ups there, they all could need their own little mission and story.

Not saying I not want more variety, but we all know it is either Smash, XP or Burst Alert types, while custom alerts we already have to many for the rotation. Same for Rampages. Rather more Lairs or even Open Missions with them able to randomly appear with their minions. While allies could be mind controlled by as mentioned Menton or Psimon, or a corruption happens due Edom energy, etc.
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    scorpio303 wrote: »
    What if we had a simple alert type (Maybe something along the lines of Two Minute Drill) Where you get to fight against other heroes like Defender, Witchcraft or some of the other heroic NPCs out there? The reasoning could be training or a friendly spar.

This, in part, already exists in Stronghold PvP instances.

As well as other story related packs etc.

Would be cool but would need to be implemented in a way which made sense.
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    scorpio303 wrote: »

This, in part, already exists in Stronghold PvP instances.

As well as other story related packs etc.

Would be cool but would need to be implemented in a way which made sense.

They need to let us play as villians!

/jk
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Speaking of friendly sparring between heroes, it never made sense to me how you DIED whenever you lost to someone in a duel. Like, you're all supposed to be superheroes, but the loser dies at the end of their match??

That doesn't make any sense, lol
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    Some are like Superman and some are like Arm Fall Off Boy. Some can withstand a speeding train and some can talk to fish.
    Sense and superheroes don't mix that well, eh.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • rtmartma Posts: 1,198 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    I had an idea for a Epic Rampage concept that played like Forum Malvanum that was suppose to be a friendly end game style spar which involved my dragon families avatars and respective powers defining them going thru different incrementing tiers, compositions and scenarios, with certain mechanics and scaling in mind, level 45 mobs, plays like Fire and Ice etc.

I thought it would be an interesting experience leading up to my own avatar as the final glorious encounter on a enrage timer (Slowly builds up as my avatar grows and scales accordingly to Mega D sized and uses some of the abilities like ground pound and stomp, for the climax but damage still climbs till defeat or reset), before everyone would be eventually overwhelmed unless they're in optimal performance and perseverance leading to a nice sum of recognition from the trial but also a playful manner, something to translate from us to CO like a visit, challenge the diversity of the family to test your skills and abilities, but alas, business and priorities are tied and my contribution denied,
    so whatever,
    life goes on,
    I tried. :heartbreak:
    Want to get to know me a bit better, Click me and take a read of My Dragon Profile Page, it's a bit dated but still relevant.

I take this quote from a review that I agree with.

"customisation is so linear; everyone is after the optimal dps:survivability ratio with 0 reliance on other players = autonomous gameplay... Players don't need each other anymore... which in my opinion is a bad thing."