Opinions/help with munitions DPS/OT

The build
https://aesica.net/co/herocreator.htm?v=36&n=Outsider OT&d=15730A5GNIPW0B306380008A0H8E009D039903ON0158008U038R0Z82009A03JN03000000000tH52Lik438W51e1e2g0000&e=

Missing a couple of power slots. Not entirely sure what to fill them with. Figure maybe a res and threat wipe, though I'd have to pull points from somewhere else for that. I'm looking to mostly DPS and double as an OT when needed. The hope is to be a good 'round em up' tank for Epic TT.

Comments

• flowcyto
    flowcyto Posts: 12,114 Arc User
    Well, you'll be pulling a lot of unwanted aggro w/ AR when not trying to tank w/ the dps passive. You could maybe put Challenge on a more situational ability that you'd tend to only use when tanking instead of dps'ing. If picking up adds, then you'd also prob want one of your AoEs to have Challenge on it, and again favoring that AoE when tanking. You could prob also do fine w/ Guardicator specs, if you want more of a dps-hybrid approach vs. using Protector, but it's up to you what to prioritize.
    starflairex Posts: 41 Arc User
    Ah, I forgot to mention the 2 plasma rifle devices will be the ghosthunter and toxic qularr rifle devices. Toxic qularr will provide fine dps without as much risk of grabbing unwanted aggro. Thinking of getting the target computer device as well. I'm very disappointed theres no challenge on lead tempest, but it is what it is. Figure I can remove a rank from submachine gun in favor of challenge..but it's so linear. Is also why I put r3 on lead tempest. I'll experiment with guardicator to see what difference that makes.
  • flowcyto
    edited February 2021
    Ah, so you'll just use the devices for dps. That sounds okay. You can prob do fine making SMG the tank/Challenge AoE for initial tagging at least, and otherwise mostly use R3 Lead Tempest if you want the easy dps AoE option (or keep using the SMG if you like the dmg shield).
    starflairex Posts: 41 Arc User
    Yeah I have a guardicator dps exclusive version of this build and the overall damage from toxic rifle is almost on par with AR; usually better in longer fights where i can keep poison stacks. I love the damage shield (now that it's fixed), which actually prompted a retcon in the first place. Poked around some and did some testing on PTS (cleared destroyers factory relatively easily). Seems pretty solid, just maybe move some advantages around and experiment with different specs. Thanks for the tips!
  • flowcyto
    Sure thing. I guess you could also consider a power that debuffs for the device rifle. I assume the toxic one deals Toxic-type dmg, and then something like Infernal's Wisp could debuff for it (and/or Chest Beam taps for one that deals Particle dmg, etc). It's up to you if that's worth a power slot, though.