test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Darkness DPS

kiseris31kiseris31 Posts: 27 Arc User
edited November 2020 in Builds and Roles
Hey guys, I want to change my build and I decide for Darkness. Can you help me finish it? + last 4 slots? (Passive, Form, Self Res. and Active Off.) I'm looking for maximum damage possible.
Thanks for help.
Post edited by kiseris31 on

Comments

• kiseris31kiseris31 Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited November 2020
    Post edited by kiseris31 on
  • flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    edited November 2020
    Going by the full build in the 2nd post here: you'd get more dps in trading Con SS for Dex SS, if you don't mind the hit to maxHP. You also don't necc need R2 of Shadow Blast if it's just being used to initially put up Devoid, and you could get 2 more free adv points by unranking your lesser-used travel power (those 2-4 free points could be used for something else, like the AO and/or Ult). You could also consider getting a threat wipe if you're having issues w/ aggro. These are all somewhat smaller or situational changes, though, and it's up to you if you want to pursue any of them, as the full build is decent for a generalized Darkness dps as is.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • kiseris31kiseris31 Posts: 27 Arc User
    flowcyto wrote: »
    Going by the full build in the 2nd post here: you'd get more dps in trading Con SS for Dex SS, if you don't mind the hit to maxHP. You also don't necc need R2 of Shadow Blast if it's just being used to initially put up Devoid, and you could get 2 more free adv points by unranking your lesser-used travel power (those 2-4 free points could be used for something else, like the AO and/or Ult). You could also consider getting a threat wipe if you're having issues w/ aggro. These are all somewhat smaller or situational changes, though, and it's up to you if you want to pursue any of them, as the full build is decent for a generalized Darkness dps as is.

I test it (Dex for Con) And I see really small difference in dmg. I lose 1.6k hp and I get +/- 4% more crit chance.
    So with Con I deal 17k crit dmg / 2.2k crits dmg, with Dex same, but a little bit more crits, but I have only 6100k hp. (with Con 7700k hp)
    So what do you think is better?
  • flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    Depends if you want to optimize your own dps further, or if you're fine taking some small trade-offs there for a bit more survival stats. I can't really answer as to what is better for you, since priorities, goals, and gameplay habits are bit different from player to player (and even character to character).

(also, this is nitpicking, but I think you meant just 6100 hp (for example), not '6100k' hp. 6100k would be over 6 million, lol)
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!