test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Making CO immersive

metalheart#4270 metalheart Posts: 1,089 Arc User
Long standing problem with CO is that it doesn't make one feel like they are captured or invested into the superhero universe with real fictional characters in real fictional danger. So this will basically be my blog where I will me comment stuff to make COU feel more immerse to player base.

1* Trainers/ PH NPCs
Who the hell are these superhero trainers. And why the hell are they qualified to teach me anything. They not like professor X or some old respect retire hero that dedicated themselves to teaching they are just random people and I don't respect them. They need more lore behind this.

2* Instruction/ Crime computer Interface
The tiny hard to read windows that pop up needs to be changed. Everytime an important message show up Socrates should be there In a large speech bubble to explain.

3*MC conflicts
Hard to believe Kevin Poe/Hi Pan is a threat even for a noob boss. And the state of MC and high crime. Hi Pan literally bails on his first appearance and that's not funny. Nor is his accent. If these are to be light hearted villians who given the right circumstances could be a threat make it very clear. Also I don't see the point of being introduced into such MEH villian.
- What if we fought a weak hologram of Hi Pan. Then he laughs he not even there or long gone.
-Make missions feel like there is actually stakes. Like these npcs are really in danger for these villians

4*Shuroff
Make him a cop who is not all that down with supers but at the end of the missions. He will lighten up a bit. Cops are no way all happy all the time or especially in a world where they are often against super happy super crime. Create a little lore drama.

5* Air Calvary or Airships for Mega destroys invasion.
This open mission based to much entirely on the ground in a world of flyers. Place them at least 25 ft above ground.

6* Madusa in Psi (And other Villians plot, build up, Climax are a bit boring)
Mission is very anti climatic. Not even a cut scene when Kevin power gets 2. Again I don't feel like these characters are really a threat. The build up is way to lackluster. I need to think like this Madusa villian really will enslave humanity but I just don't feel it.
nJ54tmw.gifThis Is The Ghetto Gothix
Post edited by metalheart#4270 on

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2020
    *Roof Top missions
    Could do the in downtown. Also I must say down town is pretty dry if you ask me. We have a whole bunch of robots and generic demons who look like they lost their way. A lot of tall buildings and empty streets with absolutely nothing going on. Can't enter em pain to go around em. There just there with nothing to look at. Add another faction. Or seguway some new quest lines or threat. 'Ah! Armadillo is wrecking downtown. He could topple buildings. Stop him!.'

*Burning Building Alert
    Put out fires and save citizens then fight a villian. Fire guy maybe.
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    *Use nemesis mobs in other content. Example. They have human cowboys but we don't see em anywhere near Snake Gulch.
    - And 16th century pirates. With no reason as to why they exist. Or what they are.
  • Options
    guardiannexusguardiannexus Posts: 138 Arc User
    The Kinetic Psi missions are the first set of missions that they released the game with about 11 years ago. So they don't have cut scene, as they did not introduce cut scene things until Adventure packs and didn't hit home with them until comic series. The content could use some revitalization in many ways

The trainers are introduced as helping train heroes with the tutorial so that's how, in online game lore, they are qualified to help. So they are thematic.

A agree with a save a citizen alert would be nice. something better than the one west side thing that has never been fixed. I kinda want that removed and repaired and have an alert replace it.

The other things presented don't seem immersive to me. In my opinion, having a story developed around the player character's discovery of the story element that informs the player with the lore of the world has a more immersive impact. Whiteout, The new serial mission, Viboria Bay Apocalypse, the various Crowns of Krim lairs, Aftershock, and (to a lesser degree) Resistance (with it's twist) brings the player as the start and stop of the story. With said stories plot started, moved along, and finished by the player.

The missions where a person tells us that a thing is already happening and "We need your help" are not as good since we are only cameo heroes in that regard. An prime example of this is Burnside's missions. The first design thrust for the game was to show how cool the player character is by saving the established heroes. However, the fallacy the design had was most had no vested knowledge of the Champion super groups exploits so they all just came off as inadequate for being superheroes. This extends to the villains as well.

As with your Hi Pan example, he is what he is, a parody of the guy from Big Trouble in Little China. If you compare threats to others villains from end game he will not seem as threatening by design.

• Options
    *Fix npc vehicles. Would suggest allowing for player vehicles that are grounded but may leave out on this for a bit.

*Old Villan bosses should be updated to have there own unique costume peices that may drop or purchased for Recognition.
    Example: Madusa should have her own hair and head aura.
  • Options
    Well you know me when i day dream i dream much. I'd like to pick up an enemy by their collar run and smash them throw an object Assassin Creed Valhalla style.
    W3CHuGC.gif
    zQqpVi3.gif
    I may have of said before how long you can carry an enemy depends on Strength. This is a melee type grab, hold or grapple.
    BeeiUWe.gif
    ZKm9tFJ.gif
    Thrown object like cars should not explode into thin air, but you should see the debris. and wreckage of a burn up skeleton of what it were temporarily. Maps should be ridge with walls set to collapse, and objects like cranes and other objects on site set to fall when taking damage.