test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

SNRs mixed with account/authentification server errors and patch server errors?

thisiscraftaaathisiscraftaaa Posts: 186 Arc User
edited September 2020 in PC & Technical Issues
Alright, now, I'm willing to bet it's not an issue with Champions Online specifically, but I've noticed something strange. Ever since week 3 of the Anniversary Event kicked off, I've been having bursts of time randomly between 2 minutes and 15 minutes, some times longer (as of writing this up, I'm at 20 minutes and counting) in which I'm disconnected completely from the game, a SNR interrupting whatever I'm doing. Any attempts to reconnect in the game hang before failing, and attempts to re-launch the game with any spare launchers I'd brought up are met with "Unable to authenticate: Lost connection to Account Server." Furthermore, any attempts to launch a new launcher are met with "Trying to update the launcher. Please be patient. Tried to connect # times." with # going all the way up to 5, before giving the error message: "Unable to establish connection to Patch Server. Please check your Internet connection. If problems persist, please contact Technical Support." I'd like to highlight that this has been at least once a day, some times up to three times a day, and only started specifically when week 3 of the Anniversary Event kicked off. This doesn't affect only CO either; if I'm running STO at the same time then it goes down as well, and attempts to launch a STO launcher while under the effect of this issue give the exact same patch server connection error as well.

Something's up with y'all's servers. Somebody in one of the departments spilled coffee on the server or insulted the hamster this last thursday, and I'm not really enjoying being punished because the hamster's on strike.

EDIT: after a few more minutes of attempts, I've gotten back in. However, I noticed something strange: I deliberately put in an incorrect password, and it gave me the "Invalid username or password." line almost instantly. I then put in the correct password again, and it went back to freezing up for several seconds before saying "Unable to authenticate: Lost connection to Account Server." like it usually does when this happens. This is... interesting.
Defender save my soul, for I have sinned...