test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Sorcery Tank

jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,428 Arc User
TIme to try a sorcery tank. I think this one has all the bases covered. To me nothing screams magic like some runes on the ground, so I have to have those. Not sure about Crashing Incantation. Open to alternate suggestions.

Istanu Shamash - Freeform (Tank)
v3.43:35

Super Stats
Level 6: Constitution (Primary)
Level 10: Dexterity (Secondary)
Level 15: Intelligence (Secondary)

Talents
Level 1: The Hero (Str: 8, Dex: 8, Con: 8, Int: 8, Ego: 8, Pre: 8, Rec: 6, End: 6)
Level 6: Acrobat (Dex: 5, Con: 5)
Level 9: Coordinated (Dex: 5, Int: 5)
Level 12: Healthy Mind (Con: 5, Int: 5)
Level 15: Quick Recovery (Con: 5, Rec: 5)
Level 18: Boundless Reserves (Con: 5, End: 5)
Level 21: Impresario (Dex: 5, Rec: 5)

Powers
Level 1: Eldritch Bolts
Level 1: Spellcaster
Level 6: Eldritch Shield (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 8: Conviction (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 11: Skarn's Bane (Rank 2, Trance, Challenge!)
Level 14: Circle of Primal Dominion (Advanced Casting)
Level 17: Soul Beam (Rank 2, Rank 3, Challenge!)
Level 20: Hex of Suffering
Level 23: Resurgence (Rank 2)
Level 26: Expulse (Rank 2, Daybreaker)
Level 29: Will-o'-the-Wisp (Ghost Fire)
Level 32: Defiance (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 35: Fiery Embrace
Level 38: Crashing Incantation
Adv. Points: 35/36

Travel Powers
Level 6: Arcane Flight (Rank 2)
Level 35: Scorching Athletics (Rank 2)

Specializations
Constitution: Fuel My Fire (2/3)
Constitution: Tough (2/3)
Constitution: Resilient (2/2)
Constitution: Adrenaline Rush (2/2)
Constitution: Armored (2/2)
Warden: Fortified Gear (3/3)
Warden: Ruthless (2/2)
Warden: Tenacious (2/2)
Warden: The Best Defense (3/3)
Protector: Fortified Gear (3/3)
Protector: Beacon of Hope (2/3)
Protector: Bulwark (2/2)
Protector: Resolute (3/3)
Mastery: Protector Mastery (1/1)

Devices
JwLmWoa.png
Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!

Comments

• theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited September 2020
    I don't actively go out of my way to tank, so my opinion here doesn't have as much value as someone who actively goes out to build tanks and tank with them....but at a glance.

1) I'd drop Advanced Casting and Daybreaker and get rank 3 Circle of PD and one more rank in Athletics.

2) On Will-o' the wisp, grab Cursed advantage instead of Ghost Fire, as it benefits your damage type.

3) Get rid of HoS and grab Conjuring EU or Pillar of Poz for some added rune looks
  • flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    Yeah, I generally agree w/ Raven's advice. Although Expulse is okay for the rune, I'd prob go w/ Pillar of Poz instead, since it's Magic dmg and instant (can still get Conjuring too, since you don't need both Hex and Wisp for debuffing Magic dmg here). Then you can put Challenge on Pillar if you want the 2ndary form of it as well. I'd prob also get Elusive (instead of Tenacious) in Warden spec.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,428 Arc User
    Hah! Forgot the EU. What a bonehead move ;) Forgetting Elusive on Warden was a typo. Yes, PoP is certainly quicker/easier to deploy, but one of the reasons I wanted to play with it (other than the much cooler animation and because I have PoP on a fair number of builds and Expulse on none)) is that I find Pyre patches really useful for picking up baby at dino. Just plop one down where baby is going to spawn and one usually has instant control. I'll probably make PoP/Expulse my last power selection so it is easier to play around with.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!