test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Preemptive Strike (Avengers) Question

jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,431 Arc User
How much time is one supposed to have between when one fires off a blast and completion of the next ranged attack? I was trying it on an Infernal build yesterday and there was not enough time after the blast went off to fully charge Defile. The tool tip for Defile showed a clear drop in max damage about 3/4 way through the charge up. Is that intended? The tool tip does not say you have a certain amount of time, so I had been assuming one had at least enough time to fully charge the next attack. The current time limit makes Preemptive Strike not so good for people trying to use it with Defile, Force Cascade, Typhoon, etc.
JwLmWoa.png
Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!

Comments

• Options
    flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    edited August 2020
    I'm a bit confused here. The PS buff lasts for upto 7 seconds, and that should be more than enough time to use w/ any follow-up charged attack. The tooltip thing could just be lag-related; from what I've seen, it updates/lowers the tooltip dmg right as you release the charge (for the attack using PS), and there is a delay between that update and the power actually firing off, but it doesn't mean the power didn't benefit from PS (you'd have to look at the actual dmg to really know).
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • Options
    Thanks. I didn't know how long the PE buff was supposed to last. It's just disconcerting to see to see the tool tip damage for Defile drop 500 points slightly more than half way through the charge.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
  • Options
    flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    Oh, I guess for reference, this is what the PS buff looks like on the buff bar:
    2NBBNuw.jpg
    Assuming you can still see that, it can help you know when/if it's active or not.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • Options
    Thanks. I see what happens. The tool tip damage drops just a micro second before the charging animation finishes.
    JwLmWoa.png