test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Suggestions to make the game fun again

poptartmaniac#8493 poptartmaniac Posts: 246 Arc User
edited August 2020 in Suggestions Box
As a veteran player of the game and I'm not gonna say the game is dying because it's not, but the numbers are noticeably declining so I decided to make a suggestion list that probably won't get noticed or might even get removed.

Here's my list of suggestions:

The most important ones I think that will help the game a lot in the long run.

-Revamp story mission mobs/difficulty.
I'm not talking the difficulty slider we have right now that barely does anything, nah.

Currently missions are way too easy and that's why no one plays them, you go in, fight a couple groups of 2 to 3 mobs that aren't a threat at all and give weak rewards, and move on to a weak boss. it's not fun at all. and it's even worse with teammates because that doesn't change at all.
Which brings me to my suggestions:

**Add a system that allows the team leader to change the amount of mobs that spawn (team size 1 through 5)
and if they will be one level below the team leader, the same level, or a few levels above.** [And i'm not talking spawn an army like in adventure packs when you bring 3+ teammates (seriously fix that)] **On top of this allow choosing whether you want the mobs labeled as "tough" in your missions or not (the ones you see in alerts and such)

-Change how xp/resource rewards are handled.
Currently bringing a team with u splits the rewards and everyone gets basically nothing so in addition to increasing the size in mobs and their difficulty **Increase XP and resource rewards from mobs** it will allow players to actually feel rewarded for taking down mobs, and for bringing a team with them, it will also encourage people to bring in healers with them, tanks and such to be able to take down larger and tougher groups for better rewards.
**Essentially rewarding players for teaming up with others rather than punishing them**

-Stop adding story lines that can only be played one mission per day.
Seriously, death rattle was cool but waiting one day, that's not cool, it's really not.

Lockboxes
Perfectly fine with how lockboxes are handled in CO. If you want to add them keep doing so, but maybe **listen to player suggestions more?**

Customization and powers
this game thrives on customization, everyone loves new costumes and powers, but can we get more powersets, it will really bring people to play more.

less nerfs?
I know it's not this black and white, and I am no developer, but as someone who has 5 pages of level 40 alts and loves making builds I feel like bringing the more weaker powers in line with the rest may help instead of everything that's stronger getting toned down. This obviously isn't true for every situation. And I know some things *definitely* needed to be fixed/nerfed.

Endgame content
I'm perfectly okay with the game having difficult content that doesn't cater to more casual players, but allow more ways to farm the endgame currencies not just difficult lairs and cosmics.
And let's be honest here, the people that these lairs cater to, barely play the game anymore if at all, they went in, got their stuff and left. This includes myself.

Casual content:
More adventure packs
More story lines
And I know this is a big stretch but a new zone would be cool, like Hudson City from Dark Champions. However i can understand how much work that would be.

-No more great missions stuck to alerts. Seriously, Save The Earth is a great example, such an amazing mission with incredible attention to detail, fun mechanics, and even different ways to complete it. Yet it's locked behind an alert rotation and we only see it once every few months and when we do see it we cant really enjoy it because everyones rushing to complete their dailies and doesnt want to try the other routes. This mission would be much better if it was a replayable mission like nemesis confrontation

--Advertising--
Put this game out there, the superhero genre is EXTREMELY popular right now with the MCU's endgame last year, DC rolling out the snyder cut for justice league, Umbrella Academy becoming succesfull, The Boys becoming super popular, The Arrowverse and it's crisis special, etc etc.
If people see this game and the amazing things you're able to do, they will play.
not advertising this game is wasted potential imo. there is honestly no game out there like it.

--Conclusion--

That being said I know this is a lot to ask and a lot of work, but in the long run I feel it would help the game, ***Specially the difficulty, team size and reward suggestions*** they will help players actually feel like PLAYING the game. not just rush to 40 to do endgame because the missions are too boring and repetitive.
This game has a lot of AMAZING story lines that people miss out on because they don't feel any incentive to play them so give them one to.

Anyway I know this is gonna get a lot of heat but this is my 2 cents, I respect everyone's opinions and perspective and am actually open minded to hear them out, so I expect the same in return.
My in-game handle is @RedZero35 so anyone who knows me knows I've completed every endgame lair, and every cosmic, in pretty much every role. Including the late eidolon (rip :c) I'm also a roleplayer, and I also love designing theme builds and costumes for RP that are also functional in endgame, I also own nearly every costume piece in the game and I've been playing since 2011. I am a lifetime player as well. So I have every right to voice my opinion.

I doubt this'll get noticed but I love this game and I think it has potential. If this gets removed, well, I tried :(

-I apologize for my bad grammar.

Post edited by poptartmaniac#8493 on

Comments

• tirelesswayfarertirelesswayfarer Posts: 17 Arc User
    I agree with most of what the OP has said. I also really wish this game was pushed more in the market. Yes, it's old, but there're very few alternatives in the superhero MMO genre and Champions Online is still the best of what's available in my opinion. You'd think with all the superhero hype over the past decade the game would've received some kind of residual boost, but that doesn't seem to be the case. I'd love for the developers to find a way to update the game's engine (or port the assets) to the same version used by Star Trek Online and Neverwinter.
  • poptartmaniac#8493 poptartmaniac Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited August 2020
    I agree with most of what the OP has said. I also really wish this game was pushed more in the market. Yes, it's old, but there're very few alternatives in the superhero MMO genre and Champions Online is still the best of what's available in my opinion. You'd think with all the superhero hype over the past decade the game would've received some kind of residual boost, but that doesn't seem to be the case. I'd love for the developers to find a way to update the game's engine (or port the assets) to the same version used by Star Trek Online and Neverwinter.

Honestly I agree.
    And even with the game's current engine and graphics it still looks absolutely amazing, and keeps that comic book feel.
    They should definitely ride the superhero hype train though.
    This game was/is ahead of it's time.

Post edited by poptartmaniac#8493 on