test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Increase Lighting Rod's pulling range from 10 to 25 feet sphere - [Brimstone ADV]

avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
edited August 2020 in Suggestions Box
Everyone got overhyped over Brimstone getting Electricity adv synergy over nothing! The pulling range of the adv is ankward compared to other AOE powers and limited to the power's original range, both for Tanks and DPS, and the requirement for the enemies being under Negative Ions for the pull effect to work makes it even worse

Several days of experimenting with Lighting Rod's pull proved it's inferior compared to every other pulling alternative, I'm all for more synergies but this is ankward, especially with HW not having other way to apply negative ions beyond Brimstone and still being a Clinging Flames focused!
You either use the other new adv of Brimstone to convert clinging flames into negative ions or Ball Lighting

This is not a suggestion for the vanilla Brimstone power to get increased range, only for Lighting Rod ADV to get increased pull range to 25ft for enemies effected by Negative Ions!

Brimstone 10 ft range - Lighting Rod 10 ft range
may as well just tap the power to knock down enemies since pulling enemies already in 10 ft makes no difference! It's counterproductive and kills the main utility of this adv

Now compared with literally everything else which has Pull into center utilities, which don't even require the enemies to be under any effect for the pull to work
  • Storm Summoner 25 ft range - Magnetic ADV 25 ft range pull
  • Energy Wave 25 ft range - Reverse Polarity ADV also 25 ft range pull
  • Sword Cyclone 10 ft range - Blender ADV 20ft range pull
  • Quicksand 10-25ft based on charge (Innate pull)
  • Havoc Stomp 10 ft range - Major Impact ADV 20ft range pull
  • Shadow Eruption 25ft range - Drag Back ADV also 25ft range pull
  • Burning Chi Fist (Single Target) - Righteous Fury ADV 20ft range pull
​​
POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
Post edited by avianos on

Comments

• avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited August 2020
    I forgot to add Burning Chi Fist's adv, which is very fun i may add even it requires a Target for center of gravity kind of pull

also I suggest 25 ft instead of 20ft because of the Negative Ions gimmick! everything else doesnt have any secondary effect requirement to pull
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!