test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Force Guns

lillysaturnlillysaturn Posts: 109 Arc User
I have recently seen a video of someone using a build like that.
Now is trying to make my own.

https://aesica.net/co/herocreator.htm?v=35&n=Kinetic Gunslinger&d=15230TGNI53f0000008000890H8D008J043304K5038E008O008S033G03EQ032Q000000000000020000000010000000000&e=

Tips would be appreciated

Comments

• flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,740 Arc User
    I may alter the build to keep Muni as the main attack focus, but have a few Force powers for some various utility. For example:

Kinetic Gunslinger - Freeform (Ranged Damage)
    v3.43:35

Super Stats
    Level 6: Ego (Primary)
    Level 10: Recovery (Secondary)
    Level 15: Constitution (Secondary)

Talents
    Level 1: The Gunslinger (Dex: 10, Con: 10, Ego: 8, Rec: 10)
    Level 6: Worldly (Ego: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 9: Impresario (Dex: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 12: Quick Recovery (Con: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 15: Shooter (Dex: 5, Ego: 5)
    Level 18: Ascetic (Con: 5, Ego: 5)
    Level 21: Acrobat (Dex: 5, Con: 5)

Powers
    Level 1: Gunslinger
    Level 1: Bullet Hail (Rank 2, Wall of Bullets)
    Level 6: Concentration
    Level 8: Targeting Computer (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 11: Killer Instinct
    Level 14: Conviction (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 17: Frag Grenade (Cuts and Scrapes, Open Wound)
    Level 20: Two-Gun Mojo (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 23: Resurgence (Rank 2)
    Level 26: Force Snap (Entropic Collapse, Recharge)
    Level 29: Force Geyser (Rank 2, Nailed to the Ground)
    Level 32: Force Shield (Rank 2)
    Level 35:
    Level 38:
    Adv. Points: 32/36

Travel Powers
    Level 6:
    Level 35:

Specializations
    Ego: Force of Will (2/2)
    Ego: Insight (3/3)
    Ego: Follow Through (3/3)
    Ego: Sixth Sense (2/3)
    Guardian: Fortified Gear (3/3)
    Guardian: Ruthless (2/2)
    Guardian: Find the Mark (3/3)
    Guardian: The Best Defense (2/3)
    Vindicator: Aggressive Stance (2/2)
    Vindicator: Merciless (3/3)
    Vindicator: Focused Strikes (3/3)
    Vindicator: Mass Destruction (2/3)
    Mastery: Ego Mastery (1/1)

The open power slots can be used for w/e ya want.

Uses Bullet Hail as the main AoE, and TGM as the main single-target attack, w/ Frag Grenade for debuffing. For Force, Geyser can CC from afar, while Force Snap can also CC while giving you another self-heal option. Force also gives you your block enhancer here. Gears mostly for Ego, w/ some Con and Rec.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • lillysaturnlillysaturn Posts: 109 Arc User
    I think the trick was to use the Wall of Bulletts to buy time for the IDF to recharge.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5woB135PtU
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,424 Arc User
    What about Kinetic Manipulation as the passive? That would boost both Force and Muni, right? No Force Cascade to cancel it.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
    edited August 2020
    IDF doesn't have a recharge. It's a toggle/form with a constant effect when activated, like Concentration here, and you can't have >1 toggle/form running at once. Since IDF doesn't scale well, and precludes you using a normal dps toggle, I opted to just cut it.

edit: In the vid, it looks like they are using Field Surge, and not IDF. Field Surge is not a very strong Active Defense, unless you are paring it w/ PFF (as they are in the vid, but I also don't think PFF is a great slotted passive either). If you wanted a hybrid-dps route, you could take R3 Inulv as the passive (instead of Targeting Computer, in my build), and use the Hybrid role. You'll be much sturdier then, but also will deal much less base dmg vs. a normal dps build.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    I have a hard time understanding the guy. (spoken english is not my forte) Its personal FF in Tank ? He switches Forms?

Kinetic Manipulation? Interesting...

Yeah, I prob wouldn't quite take the same approach as he did in the vid. But you can get pretty close to it just by doing the few alterations to my build (Invuln for the slotted passive, Hybrid role; could also use the Tank role, but then you'd be doing even less dmg). For example:

https://aesica.net/co/herocreator.htm?v=35&amp;n=Kinetic Gunslinger&amp;d=15730rWKPING0000008000890H8D009A038E00K5038J0C8S03ON01320C380H3701000000000ckr3BIR2MGB20000000000&amp;e=
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    What about Kinetic Manipulation as the passive? That would boost both Force and Muni, right? No Force Cascade to cancel it.
    That could work for a dps build (as could Night Warrior, ofc), though in my build the Force attacks aren't really taken for their dmg, and Targeting Comp is quite good for Muni besides.
    edited August 2020
    I have a hard time understanding the guy. (spoken english is not my forte) Its personal FF in Tank ? He switches Forms?
    Oh, also since it may be a language thing, by "PFF" I mean the slotted passive 'Personal Force Field' in the Force set, and not something like 'Personal Freeform'. And as far as I know, he doesn't switch toggle/forms in the build- he just uses Concentration as his toggle/form (which is a good choice for the build). It does seem to be a dual-passive build in the vid, where he uses Kinetic Manip in the Ranged dps role sometimes, but that's a different thing than switching toggle/forms.

You can take a dual-passive approach too, if you'd like, but it further complicates the build, and you'd have to set it up properly. I think that you're still grappling w/ some basic mechanics, so I may just stick to the version using Invulnerability that I just gave you. It should be relatively simple to implement.
    Yeah thought so. Ok there goes that Idea. He also is Cosmic Geared.
    Thanks
    Eh, you don't have to be fitted in high-end gear to make a decent Muni build work. It can help in some harder content, ofc, but it shouldn't fully define the build.
    Anyways, hope you can find something else that works for you.