test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Vigilance/Save The Earth skipped, what a surprise

Actually I'm not surprised. They've quietly skipped vigilance rotation in the past as well. Just goes to show how sleazy they are on this topic. Cue apologist responses:

1) Theres no room on the alert bar.
This is a lie. They put up FM instead of STE. Also we have had 3x simultaneous special alerts briefly (STE, Black Fang, Red Winter), and they worked fine.

2) Who cares, its only a little bit of questionite.
This dodges the issue. If the amount of questionite doesn't matter, why screw over vigilance to begin with?

3) The devs don't owe us anything.
This is true, however it reflects poorly on how the devs are perceived. Except by the superfans who support everything unconditionally.

4) It was because of the event, alert rotation resumes after.
Yeah, well this got proven wrong when we got FM instead of STE. Though I did expect Cybermind.

Comments

• panthrax77panthrax77 Posts: 309 Arc User
    I do think, or at least hope, that they will allow for FM and STE to be in the lineup after vladic is gone. I imagine they could at least get FM with the event. STE might need to be forced in somehow, but I could see them doing that retroactively later.

I think they realize vigilance has been screwed up by the patriot event and the new customs. I *hope* they will attempt to remedy it, since it would be easy to do. Whether or not they will... :/
  • guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    I'd prefer them to just take STE out of rotation. It's the worst thing in this game.
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,428 Arc User
    Well, they have promised various things over the years that they never came through on, right? Personal Growth Magnifiers and allowing people with monthly subscriptions to continue those as long as they made the payments, for example (they didn't factor in that credit cards change for various reasons and that voided the transactions and so the subs). So all dev promises must be take with a grain of salt.
    Don't mind me, I'm here to watch OP looking like a fool when they add STE and FM after the Therakiel Alerts end as they promised they'd do.​​

JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • h4forumsh4forums Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    Well I posted this 2 weeks ago. At the time there was some vague promise of "maybe" putting on STE after TT alerts, but we all knew Vlad was getting extended because all the others (Valerian, Black Fang, Baron) also got extended. I don't mind looking like a fool in exchange for the catch-up vigilance alerts!
  • guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    I thought TT was the worst thing in the game....
    or was it QWZ?....
    no, no wait, it was definitely TA! Yes, that was it!
    or maybe it was Cosmics?​​

Nope, unless that other content has as many game design sins as Save the Earth they can't possibly be worse.
    1) unskippable cut scenes
    2) disabled travel powers
    3) never ending mobs
    4) insane agro range on mobs
    5) New or Unexplained mechanics introduced specifically for this fight
    6) environmental instant death
    7) lock out