test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Patriot's Celebration

Let me preface by saying that I generally really enjoy the various annual events in the game.

That said, I couldn't find a single reason to participate in this years Patriot Celebration. I did run the dailies for the first week in the hopes that something would be added to the event store in week two that I would find interesting but after reviewing the store today and the new missions I simply dropped all of the missions and decided to call it quits.

There is no cosmic threat and (at least not for me) nothing worth working for on the store. I have punched the Russians in the face so many times my characters fist is sore and even though I enjoy Whiteout and Resistance I have no desire to run them on the same character three times to get a costume piece.

I do like that they tried to bring in a tie to the Adventure Packs but three times on the same character... really? And what in the Adventure Packs is going to reflect that doing them has anything to do with the event?

I don't know. I guess I was just looking forward to the event and hoping it would be something a bit more than it ended up being.

-Tempestorm

Comments

• flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    Game Developers, dissapointing gamers since 1972.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • hemslordhemslord Posts: 164 Arc User
    I'm in the same position. I think I did the dailies twice this time round before I dropped them completely.

To be honest, I can't recall any of the previous patriot celebrations, so I'm not sure if they've all been a bit of a flop or if they simply have a haven't been enticing. Either that or I'm getting old. That might be it.

Maybe they should just add Patriot Tokens to the rewards for certain OM's & AP's to promote general activity in the game and change the daily to 'gather x amount of tokens' as opposed to forcing people to take a route they otherwise wouldn't want to.

Events should be fun with a reward at the end, but this one really does feel like a desperate grind.
  • dialamxdialamx Posts: 931 Arc User
    I do like that they tried to bring in a tie to the Adventure Packs but three times on the same character... really? And what in the Adventure Packs is going to reflect that doing them has anything to do with the event?

Not that it'll change your mind much about the whole event, but Resistance and Whiteout do fit for the event, because the Patriots Celebration is about the Fourth of July and Canada Day.

Resistance takes place in an alternate Earth America, where the American freedoms are gone, and a Tyrant rules with an iron fist. You're literally fighting for Freedom.

Whiteout takes place in Canada, where you're fighting to save Canada from an alien invasion, as well as helping a Canadian patriot defeat his nemesis.
  • thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Posts: 447 Arc User
    Hey, the "Freedom Isn't Free" daily pairs nicely with the Red Winter Alert and gives a good amount of questionite for very little time =)

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • tempestorm76tempestorm76 Posts: 90 Arc User
    @dialamx I am aware that they work in context. I like that they tied them to the event and rereading my post is see where you are coming from. I simply did not explain myself well.

To elaborate, I didn't expect there would be any change in dialog or insertion of the Red Winter villians or anything beyond the brief statement in the mission acceptance that ties them directly to the event.

I did like that they beefed up Soviet Guards powers a bit. I was pleasantly surprised when he got all huge while i was fighting him.
  • tempestorm76tempestorm76 Posts: 90 Arc User
    > @thegrandnagus1 said:
    > Hey, the "Freedom Isn't Free" daily pairs nicely with the Red Winter Alert and gives a good amount of questionite for very little time =)

Doing them for questionite instead of patriot tokens is a really good idea.