test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Lifetime subscribers suggestion

pallierpallier Posts: 78 Arc User
I would like to see a few things added to the Lifetime subs that would make more people want to buy it and give those that have more value for the money.

here is a list of things I would like to see with it.
  • 10 key stipend given once a month
  • a utility box containing xp, resource, questionite booster that you get once a month from the bonus window of the store
  • no cost to retcon a freeform
  • no auction house listing fees
  • no cost to modify a costume in the tailor
  • second travel power pick at level 20 instead of 35
  • double until recognition gain
  • 2 extra pages in bank storage
  • free aura slot unlock for every character that hits level 40.

adding these will make the $300 LTS worth buying with the current bonuses. many of us were quite upset to lose the monthly unique costume item. it wouldn't be very hard to make these things happen either since its not making new things just coding a delivery system for them.
Oh Atari how I miss you!

Comments

• pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    They're not going to give more stuff to pre-existing LTS. Far more likely to just reduce price (e.g. current sale is less than the typical LTS sale of $200).
  • pallierpallier Posts: 78 Arc User
    that still doesn't mean they can't add some or all of these things to make LTS more appealing. its just a way to make more money. a lot of people hear what it has to offer now and since they can earn all of it in game they really don't want to drop even $100 on LTS.
    Oh Atari how I miss you!
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,425 Arc User
    They are definitely not going to hand out 10 free keys each month.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
    pallier wrote: »
    that still doesn't mean they can't add some or all of these things to make LTS more appealing.
    Again, they're not going to make LTS better, because that is just giving stuff to an existing base of LTS. If anything, they should make LTS worse (introduce a new-model LTS that doesn't have a stipend and costs less, the existence of the stipend is massively disruptive).
    that still doesn't mean they can't add some or all of these things to make LTS more appealing.
    Again, they're not going to make LTS better, because that is just giving stuff to an existing base of LTS. If anything, they should make LTS worse (introduce a new-model LTS that doesn't have a stipend and costs less, the existence of the stipend is massively disruptive).

uh... that's dumb. even if you lowered the price to $100 who will buy LTS when they can use that $100 to get MORE than LTS gives? LTS is suppose to be the BEST the game has for sale at a high dollar amount. the fact you make it better for old LTS keeps them playing and keeps the game active to draw more players. do you not know how a company works or are you just being stupid? you want people to pay and walk away leaving the game empty. many people have left the game because it has nothing NEW to offer the only way to keep players is to offer some incentive to keep them playing or they just log off for 10 years and pop back in to see if its worth coming back to. you grow a business by keeping customers not from 1 time transactions then never see those customers again. a player that keeps playing is more likely to spend more money on a game wither it be from name changes, extra costume slots, hideouts, auras, or vehicles. players that leave and have no reason to come back will NEVER spend more money on the game so reducing the LTS to where it gives them no reason to stay or play is basically screwing the company over.

making it more appealing brings back some old LTS players, retains the current LTS players, and gives people a desire to buy LTS. this could double the amount of players in the game and raise the amount of micro transactions they get from impatient players that doesn't want to wait on the stipend or earn things in game the hard way.

learn to business before you speak.
    Oh Atari how I miss you!
    edited July 2020

uh... that's dumb. even if you lowered the price to $100 who will buy LTS when they can use that $100 to get MORE than LTS gives?
    Um... they can't? LTS gives 'all slots are freeform', and will thus be cheaper than buying freeform slots above about five.
    Yes, you should definitely do that.

uh... that's dumb. even if you lowered the price to $100 who will buy LTS when they can use that $100 to get MORE than LTS gives?
    Um... they can't? LTS gives 'all slots are freeform', and will thus be cheaper than buying freeform slots above about five.
    Yes, you should definitely do that.

except that freeform slots are farmable in the game if you just do quest for questionite every day.
    the only thing you can get with LTS that you can't get for free in the game is the unique LTS costume pieces. they are just paying $100+ dollars to save them some time grinding that's it other than those costume parts. so what you're arguing is that the shortcut that gives them something that everyone else farms for is too much and you need to scale the extra benefits the shortcut gives because its not fair to free players to give so much to people that pay for the shortcuts right? well then might as well do away with the Zen market to stop the ability to farm everything in the shop for free. even if it does take time you're giving away things that people pay for and we can't have that right?

you seriously want this game dead and buried don't you? I bet you are one of the players that got City of Heroes taken away. you can't run a game on past review you must earn NEW to keep it going. if you want to take away the bonuses for the highest dollar item you're destroying their most viable money maker. we pay for shortcuts not for special content. the idea is to make 1 price to pay for special account then make the shortcuts available that the special accounts don't get to keep them buying. a free player that plays the game casually will not keep spending money unless they already put an investment into the game. free market works on the principle that a person is more willing to spend on something they already put a lot of money into, if they haven't they rarely spend. over 12 years of research in the microtransaction markets prove this to be true.

again you know nothing about the system or the business model that it runs on. Just because your offered unlimited freeform slots does not mean you have unlimited character slot or unlimited numbers of powers to combine making a freeform. every account is limited 100 characters and there are only 16 power sets to choose from (not all compatable) where you can combine maybe 36 to 40 different combinations that are actually useful. now if you have 5 characters farming the max questionite every day at a rate of 280 to 1 zen ratio. that's 700,000 questionite, a person can refine up to 6000 a day as a free player per character so that's 30,000 a day on that account meaning they can get a freeform slot free every 24 days so in 3 years time they can have every possible combination freeform there is and sooner as they get each slot open as they can use that new character to add to the farming reducing the time it takes each time.

you can see that they can in 3 years earn everything the LTS gives you instantly. where is the incentive to pay if not to save time? what else can the LTS give you? that stipend basically allows them to save up and buy new costume parts that appear in the store or buy keys to try for the lockbox costume parts so everything I listed is just MORE shortcuts making people more likely to want to buy it that aren't already a LTS player. but there are MANY other shortcuts people can and will buy even if they are LTS that free players won't get because they are SAVING for those freeform slots farming them the manual way. no one wants to buy things like vehicles or devices that become locked to a NON freeform character. use your brain!
    Oh Atari how I miss you!
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,425 Arc User
    making it more appealing brings back some old LTS players, retains the current LTS players, and gives people a desire to buy LTS. this could double the amount of players in the game and raise the amount of micro transactions they get from impatient players that doesn't want to wait on the stipend or earn things in game the hard way.

I really doubt that anything they do is going to double the number of active players.

Of the things they could do (not counting the keys, which would never happen) that you list, the only things would actually interest me as a long time LTS are having the 2nd travel pick at 20 (which should be for everyone anyway) and more bank storage. I absolutely don't need more Until currency. I have to figure out ways to burn what I already have and the other things are just not of interest. The stuff that would keep me more vested in the game is new/revamped content with real scaleable difficulty sliders. The LTS I have has been the best money I've every spent on entertainment. They are paying me to play.

If I understand Panta correctly, I think he is arguing for a stripped down and cheaper LTS that just gives players access to their old freeforms, and not all the other goodies (maybe a few?) that come with the full LTS.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »

I really doubt that anything they do is going to double the number of active players.

Of the things they could do (not counting the keys, which would never happen) that you list, the only things would actually interest me as a long time LTS are having the 2nd travel pick at 20 (which should be for everyone anyway) and more bank storage. I absolutely don't need more Until currency. I have to figure out ways to burn what I already have and the other things are just not of interest. The stuff that would keep me more vested in the game is new/revamped content with real scaleable difficulty sliders. The LTS I have has been the best money I've every spent on entertainment. They are paying me to play.

If I understand Panta correctly, I think he is arguing for a stripped down and cheaper LTS that just gives players access to their old freeforms, and not all the other goodies (maybe a few?) that come with the full LTS.

let me ask you. you're a LTS player... do you spend money in the game as a LTS player? do you take long breaks between play? what makes you stay in the game? is it because you invested into the game by buying LTS? what would make you buy more things in game other than difficulty scaling? you have to think about what YOU would buy and spend not on what is or isn't fair the the FREE players or the company's profit because if you won't buy it, others will not and the company no longer MAKES a profit. if you can think of what makes you want to buy and use that, others will want it too and that's how you create supply and demand.

the more people that play the game and spend money on the game the more likely the game WILL get more content and better difficulty. the game tore itself apart when it went to micro transactions and dropped its subs. they have to rebuild it from the ground up by doing things that make players want to play more. when you get that you'll understand that people want shortcuts and make the game more about the what is in the game rather than what is in the store. people don't play a game to see what they offer in the shop, they play it to see what they can do in the game. do you get it yet or should I keep breaking it down for you?
    Oh Atari how I miss you!
  • xcelsior41xcelsior41 Posts: 1,056 Arc User
    qawsada wrote: »

that uh...was a year ago. It's not a staple price that they always sell at.
    Buffing everything to stupid high levels and nerfing everything to piss poor levels yields the same results, but not the same community reactions.

42 40s, LTSer.

...What?
    Buffing everything to stupid high levels and nerfing everything to piss poor levels yields the same results, but not the same community reactions.

42 40s, LTSer.
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »

That was called a subscription

42 40s, LTSer.
    xcelsior41 wrote: »
    No, a subscription was 'everything, but time-limited'. My proposal is pretty much "LTS, but without the stipend".
    No, a subscription was 'everything, but time-limited'. My proposal is pretty much "LTS, but without the stipend".

basically just unlimited freeform then... a bundle of 100 freeforms and you want that cheaper? that's really the ridiculous idea.
    might as well add a 2nd option for unlimited keys for the same price.

the $300 price tag is there for a reason. yes it does go on sale but 300 is the standard price. I wanted a few things added to make the package more appealing to players that's on the wall if to buy or not and draw more people back to the game. they don't have to do sales anymore if they add the things I posted as the value of it will be $300 no question.
    Oh Atari how I miss you!
  • colonelwingcolonelwing Posts: 297 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    Newsflash:

Buying a LTS is optional. They're clearly earning more from microtransactions, because a LTS user pays 300 bucks once, then continues to play as a freeloader, due to the monthly stipend and free freeform slots, etc. LTS is merely a relic of the past, since it was used to make subbers want to purchase it, rather than spending 15 bucks per month. The new norm is freeform slots, it is not 2009 anymore. Also, 300 dollars in terms of microtransactions is almost nothing and i am quite sure cryptic would love to have less LTS freeloaders around.

Example: A person has 100 characters and paid only $300 for it in total.. Cryptic just lost 90 x $30, they could have earned from microtransactions / FF slots and that's not even including the 500 zen stipend.

Learn to business, was it?

basically just unlimited freeform then... a bundle of 100 freeforms and you want that cheaper? that's really the ridiculous idea.
    I don't care about it, I already have a LTS. The point is, that stipend is $5/month that Cryptic is potentially not making (the actual loss depends on whether that person would have spent money anyway, and the length of time it persists), so the lower upfront cost would be made up for in higher later sales.
    Newsflash:

Buying a LTS is optional. They're clearly earning more from microtransactions, because a LTS user pays 300 bucks once, then continues to play as a freeloader, due to the monthly stipend and free freeform slots, etc. LTS is merely a relic of the past, since it was used to make subbers want to purchase it, rather than spending 15 bucks per month. The new norm is freeform slots, it is not 2009 anymore. Also, 300 dollars in terms of microtransactions is almost nothing and i am quite sure cryptic would love to have less LTS freeloaders around.

Example: A person has 100 characters and paid only $300 for it in total.. Cryptic just lost 90 x $30, they could have earned from microtransactions / FF slots and that's not even including the 500 zen stipend.

Learn to business, was it?

you realize that most those micro transactions come from the LTS players right? free players rarely ever spend money usually they only spend once for a freeform slot and then never again. while the LTS players are buying keys and other cash shop items in bulk. I stated it before those that put an investment into the game are the ones SPENDING MONEY. so if you want to just do away with LTS and make everyone same with no stipend you'll see ALL the income go. you really are ignorant how this business model works you think everyone that plays is spending money in microtransactions when only about 4% of the player base are and all of that 4% are LTS players. you may have a very small handful of players buying that's not LTS but again those are the 1 and done players getting a freeform and then never again as they use that freeform to earn the questionite to trade for zen and buy new freeforms as time goes along. you are the player base that killed City of Heroes stop trying to kill Champions too with your ignorance.

I don't care about it, I already have a LTS. The point is, that stipend is $5/month that Cryptic is potentially not making (the actual loss depends on whether that person would have spent money anyway, and the length of time it persists), so the lower upfront cost would be made up for in higher later sales.

for every LTS player they lose $5 for those same LTS spend over $200 a month. they aren't exactly hurting and that's why the LTS goes on sale a lot because they know this and this is the reason they want more LTS players because LTS are the SPENDERS. Now imagine them getting double the LTS players and having LTS players that left come back to the game.

you have to invest money to make money and the idea is to keep players interested in the game and active, the longer you do that the more they spend and the more they keep the game alive.
    Oh Atari how I miss you!

you realize that most those micro transactions come from the LTS players right? free players rarely ever spend money usually they only spend once for a freeform slot and then never again. while the LTS players are buying keys and other cash shop items in bulk. I stated it before those that put an investment into the game are the ones SPENDING MONEY. so if you want to just do away with LTS and make everyone same with no stipend you'll see ALL the income go. you really are ignorant how this business model works you think everyone that plays is spending money in microtransactions when only about 4% of the player base are and all of that 4% are LTS players. you may have a very small handful of players buying that's not LTS but again those are the 1 and done players getting a freeform and then never again as they use that freeform to earn the questionite to trade for zen and buy new freeforms as time goes along. you are the player base that killed City of Heroes stop trying to kill Champions too with your ignorance.

How so, when the LTS (ab)user gets everything for free after spending the initial $300? There are way more non LTS players and those do actually purchase MTX / zen-store items and common sense should indicate, the money spent by the non LTS crowd outweighs the amount of money spent on LTS by a lot. I have non LTS friends who spent thousands of dollars on MTX and almost all of my LTS friends are living on the monthly stipend. I myself dropped quite a bit on MTX, in fact so much i could have gotten a LTS ten times.

Also, where are you pulling the numbers from? "4% of the player base" "They're all LTSers!" The monthly stipend earns cryptic nothing, if that's what you are trying to bring across. I hate to break it to you, but LTS is actually "kIlLiNg! the game, while players like myself are keeping the thing afloat.

But no problem, keep on living in La-la-Land. It's your opinion and you're entitled to it.

How so, when the LTS (ab)user gets everything for free after spending the initial $300? There are way more non LTS players and those do actually purchase MTX / zen-store items and common sense should indicate, the money spent by the non LTS crowd outweighs the amount of money spent on LTS by a lot. I have non LTS friends who spent thousands of dollars on MTX and almost all of my LTS friends are living on the monthly stipend. I myself dropped quite a bit on MTX, in fact so much i could have gotten a LTS ten times.

Also, where are you pulling the numbers from? "4% of the player base" "They're all LTSers!" The monthly stipend earns cryptic nothing, if that's what you are trying to bring across. I hate to break it to you, but LTS is actually "kIlLiNg! the game, while players like myself are keeping the thing afloat.

But no problem, keep on living in La-la-Land. It's your opinion and you're entitled to it.

LTS does not get everything for free. in fact all they get now is the 500 stipend and 100 freeform slots. they still have to gather lockboxes and get keys to get vouchers and unique lockbox costume pieces, aura, transformations. they also have to buy name changes, gender swaps, aura slots, hideouts, and vehicles. there are lots of things they spend money on. the stipend can only get you so much and if you want things that are time limited like event items or lockbox stuff you have to spend money.
    Oh Atari how I miss you!
    LTS does not get everything for free. in fact all they get now is the 500 stipend and 100 freeform slots. they still have to gather lockboxes and get keys to get vouchers and unique lockbox costume pieces, aura, transformations. they also have to buy name changes, gender swaps, aura slots, hideouts, and vehicles. there are lots of things they spend money on. the stipend can only get you so much and if you want things that are time limited like event items or lockbox stuff you have to spend money.

Ok, Karen. You're pretty much grasping for straws now. You can buy everything you mention with globals.
  • ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    I think you are acting a little entitled, and no one really knows who is spending what on this game.

I’m LTS user (or abuser as you ignorantly stated) and get a stipend like others, but I can bet I have spent more personal money than most. That don’t make me special...I’m not single handily keeping the game afloat.

Stop thinking you are special. It’s a collective effort on all parties. Only freeloaders we have are silvers who don’t pay...but I’d rather still have them log in because that shows player population.

Ok, Karen. You're pretty much grasping for straws now. You can buy everything you mention with globals.

I'd love to see you buy a name change with globals. no really I would. gender swap. hideouts... really? are you sure your playing this game and not a private server?

oh and calling me a Karen just proves you've lost the debate, your resulting to name calling instead of facts which means you've reached facts you can't dispute and have nothing more to offer than name calling. probably would make fun of something about me if you knew me... or call me racist for no reason at all. Feel like I'm on Twitter or Facebook right now having a political argument. Grow up and stick to the facts or just don't post. we don't need a flame war in suggestions. trying to get changes in the game made to make it more fun and playable... and don't need negative feedback on why you THINK its a bad idea. Instead how about you be constructive and come up with alternatives to add something positive instead? Or are you indeed one of the players trying to kill the game like bad players did to City of Heroes?
    Oh Atari how I miss you!