test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Joke Build: Redneck Rampage

dialamxdialamx Posts: 931 Arc User
So when I get bored playing my serious characters, I tend to make joke characters to mess around with. I've made an angry Strawberry, a Pac-Man/Batman mashup, and Zubaz (in honor of the now defunct Super Best Friends YouTube group), among others. I was recently challenged to make a certain type of "Redneck" costume, and now I want to make it my new Joke toon to mess around with, just need help with the build.

We're talking a real beer chugging, bar fighting, gun toting, mullet having, dirty tank top and sweats wearing, big bellied, up in your face 'MURICAN! So I figured a mix of might and munitions would be best. Shotgun definitely has to be in there. Defensive combo, Roomsweeper, and/or Haymaker I would think are three powers that work great for bar fight style fist fighting. Wasn't sure if it should focus on close-mid range DPS, or if he should be a Tank (to represent a drunk that thinks he can take on anything and anyone.) SMG Burst could be another theme appropriate AOE. AR would also be theme appropriate, but given that the character will be up close most of the time, wasn't sure if that would be a good power to have.

Comments

• jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,424 Arc User
    You need a shotgun and chainsaw. If your build doesn't have those it just won't fit the theme ;)
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,740 Arc User
    Alright, here's a stab at it:

(Unnamed Build) - Freeform (Melee Damage)
    v3.43:35

Super Stats
    Level 6: Dexterity (Primary)
    Level 10: Recovery (Secondary)
    Level 15: Constitution (Secondary)

Talents
    Level 1: The Chiller (Dex: 10, Con: 10, Rec: 8, End: 10)
    Level 6: Impresario (Dex: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 9: Amazing Stamina (Rec: 5, End: 5)
    Level 12: Quick Recovery (Con: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 15: Accurate (Dex: 5, End: 5)
    Level 18: Acrobat (Dex: 5, Con: 5)
    Level 21: Boundless Reserves (Con: 5, End: 5)

Powers
    Level 1: Gunslinger
    Level 1: Defensive Combo (Rank 2, Rank 3, Pummel)
    Level 6: Unstoppable (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 8: Form of the Tempest
    Level 11: Submachinegun Burst (Rank 2, Aggression, Boogeyman)
    Level 14: Relentless
    Level 17: Conviction (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 20: Frag Grenade (Open Wound)
    Level 23: Shotgun Blast (Mind the Uniform, Armor Piercing)
    Level 26: Resurgence (Rank 2)
    Level 29: Gauntlet Chainsaw (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 32: Power Conversion
    Level 35: Retaliation (Rank 2)
    Level 38:
    Adv. Points: 32/36

Travel Powers
    Level 6:
    Level 35:

Specializations
    Dexterity: Combat Training (3/3)
    Dexterity: Gear Utilization (2/3)
    Dexterity: Deadly Aim (3/3)
    Dexterity: Expose Weakness (2/2)
    Vindicator: Aggressive Stance (2/2)
    Vindicator: Merciless (3/3)
    Vindicator: Modified Gear (2/2)
    Vindicator: Mass Destruction (3/3)
    Guardian: Fortified Gear (3/3)
    Guardian: Locus (2/2)
    Guardian: Ruthless (2/2)
    Guardian: The Best Defense (3/3)
    Mastery: Dexterity Mastery (1/1)

For AoE, you can use the Shotgun to put up Fear and the AP debuff, while SMG can be your main ranged AoE, and you can also throw in the Frag Grenade if you want. You can also AoE a bit w/ Defensive Combo's cleave. For single-targets, you can use either Defensive Combo if you want to be more sturdy (taps of the Shotgun can put up the AP debuff for it), or use the Chainsaw (+Frag Grenade) for more of a dps focus. The AP debuff won't boost Chainsaw's dmg, but the Open Wound debuff from Frag Grenade can help the Chainsaw proc Relentless on crits. I included Power Conversion only if you need a bit more help affording the Chainsaw, since it is quite costly to use. Gears mostly for Dex, w/ some Con and Rec.

You can change the dps role here depending on what you want to focus on (ranged AoE vs. melee/cleave). Could also take a hybrid-dps approach w/ something like R3 Invuln, though ofc that will also lower your base dmg.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • dialamxdialamx Posts: 931 Arc User
    Oooh I like the look of this. And the extra power slot I could throw in Power Chord so he can rock out as well.
  • flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,740 Arc User
    Sounds good; hope it works well for you 8)
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,424 Arc User
    Too bad that Power Chord doesn't (yet?) have a banjo skin! That would be another must have.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • dialamxdialamx Posts: 931 Arc User
    edited June 2020
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    Too bad that Power Chord doesn't (yet?) have a banjo skin! That would be another must have.

Time to head the the Suggestion Thread and ask for a Banjo Heavy Weapon skin

Currently just using the Acoustic Guitar for it