test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Telepathy DPS-ish Build Attempt

jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,424 Arc User
Pondering a rework of my Telepathy hero to be more DPS-ish but still with some debuffs/buffs. Wondering how this would work out? I put in Dimensional Collapse because it does some damage, which Ego Sleep doesn't, but don't know if I'll need Sleep to get more use out of Telepathic Reverb. Didn't take Ego Storm because the plane is to say at range. Note that he does also have a Psionic Accelerator. Not sure about the last power. It would be fun to trying something new (not just throw in an ally rez or an AO), but not sure what. Is Collective Will with the Debuff adv. at all useful? Figure to mostly stack Ego for energy and damage.

Telepathy DPS-ish build - Freeform (Ranged Damage)
v3.43:35

Super Stats
Level 6: Ego (Primary)
Level 10: Dexterity (Secondary)
Level 15: Constitution (Secondary)

Talents
Level 1: The Hexslinger (Dex: 10, Int: 10, Ego: 10, Pre: 8)
Level 6: Acrobat (Dex: 5, Con: 5)
Level 9: Shooter (Dex: 5, Ego: 5)
Level 12: Ascetic (Con: 5, Ego: 5)
Level 15: Finesse (Dex: 5, Pre: 5)
Level 18: Shrug It Off (Con: 5, Pre: 5)
Level 21: Showmanship (Ego: 5, Pre: 5)

Powers
Level 1: Psi Lash
Level 1: Ego Blast (Rank 2, Mind Opener)
Level 6: Ego Form (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 8: Telepathic Reverberation
Level 11: Chilled Form
Level 14: Mental Leech (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 17: Conviction (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 20: Mental Storm (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 23: Dimensional Collapse (Glimpse of the Abyss)
Level 26: Resurgence (Rank 2)
Level 29: Eldritch Shield (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 32: Fiery Embrace
Level 35: Mental Impact (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 38: Collective Will (Consume Will)
Adv. Points: 36/36

Travel Powers
Level 6: Athletics (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 35: Arcane Flight

Specializations
Ego: Force of Will (2/2)
Ego: Insight (3/3)
Ego: Follow Through (3/3)
Ego: Sixth Sense (2/3)
Vindicator: Aggressive Stance (2/2)
Vindicator: Merciless (3/3)
Vindicator: Focused Strikes (3/3)
Vindicator: Mass Destruction (2/3)
Overseer: Administer (3/3)
Overseer: Ruthless (2/2)
Overseer: Overseer Aura (2/3)
Overseer: Trapped (3/3)
Mastery: Ego Mastery (1/1)

Devices
JwLmWoa.png
Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!

Comments

• flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,740 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    Collective Will is okay for the debuff adv, though it's a bit finicky w/ its AI, and it can be a bit slow- and you also have MStorm for applying Stress that way (the Will's debuff is no longer unique and is just Stress, afaik). If not taking Collective Will, you could maybe try the Summon Nightmares for their background dps. Overall, the build is fine for a TP 'dps', though I'm a bit surprised that you aren't taking Sentinel spec for Wither and the Mastery (ofc, maybe you're also tired of taking that from Support_CC builds as well).

Also keep in mind that Disorient helps proc TP Reverb, which Sleep can do at least (can also help you roll Trapped, due to MStorm's cd, but perhaps the device can also do that? Forget if it procs the debuff, but if it does then that's nice).
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    I like Mind Drain for healing in excess of what Resurgence and consumable heals can do for you. Conviction is actually kind of marginal in current content.
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,424 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    Thanks for the suggestions! I do see that the AI for Collective Will is pretty much worthless. Energy isn't an issue in testing. Looks like MP is enough to keep TR running and Ego is high enough for some good energy from the form. So Ego Sleep would not really be necessary for that, though Disorient and Fear are nice to have. How is Psychic Vortex? Could it be useful at Cosmics? I think Flow removes it from every Telepathy build I've seen him comment on, but it feels like a toss up between that and Ego Sleep.

Flow is right about why I did not go Sentinel. Have that on a fair number of builds and want to try other things.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
  • flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,740 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    Yea, Mind Drain would be good here, if you have it available. As far as Psychic Vortex- w/ the stun adv, it can be fine in the background for trash (assuming they stay w/in range), but I just prefer more direct CC methods. I'm not sure about its uses in Cosmics, though.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
    I was just thinking of using Psychic Vortex at R2, I don't have any specs that would profit from the stun. On the face of it, it seems like it might be not terrible at Cosmics since they are always attacking and it lasts 24 seconds. I can always slot it last and change it if I don't like it.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Psychic vortex only does decent damage if (a) the creatures attack fast, and (b) they don't have debuff caps (the way the increasing damage works is by applying a defense debuff). Cosmic attacks are slow and they have debuff caps.
    Ah. Thanks for the clarification on how the vortex works. Keeping Cosmics in mind, it feels like it's coming down to that last slot being either Shadow of Doubt R2 or Summon Nightmare (but R2 or Night Terror?). Thoughts?

I also forgot that Ego Blast innately applies Disorient :)
    JwLmWoa.png
    Oh, one more point: I recommend making Presence one of your superstats, since your energy unlock scales with it. Maybe replace Con.
    I'll play with Pre, but in the PH, with a Pre of 28 and Ego of ca. 550 I wasn't seeing any real energy issues. Still, having some Pre to boost Mind Drain isn't a bad idea either.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Just an update on performance. I did switch to Pre from Con. I've been very pleased with overall performance. Not the top of the chart at cosmics, but consistently in the top 15-20%. Only has a bit over 6K HP and can solo the QWZ. Just enough Hold to slow up those guys and enough fire power to take them down. The Psionic Accelerator is a HUGE help , of course.
    JwLmWoa.png
  • thewinxfairythewinxfairy Posts: 70 Arc User
    I have a Telepathy DPS that does fairly well too, with the DoTs and Mind Break. I dare say consistently top 10 at cosmic. I have Int/pre/dex split and mostly geared for pre. I love that Shadow Manifestation pairs smoothly with the DoTs in Telepathy since the form triggers via mental states, which is basically all of the telepathy DoTs. That and in conjunction with all the pre makes the heals and cc’s that much better, enough to CC at Ape.