test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Release Notes 5/7/2020

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,078 Cryptic Developer
edited May 2020 in Release Notes
Circus Malvanum
  • The race now drops 15 tokens, but diminishes after 3 runs.
  • Forum Malvanum now drops 10 tokens, but diminishes after 3 runs.
  • Increased the amount of tokens given by the daily mission.
  • Added perks to unlock the Brawling emote, Fighting emote and Taunt transformation on your account.
  • New Daily Mission: Complete the Forum Malvanum Alert.
  • New Mission: Complete the Two Lane Rooftop mission 5 times. Grants the Platinum Steam Bike vehicle.
  • New Mission: Complete the Forum Malvanum mission 5 times. Grants the Gladiator Mask costume.

Event Store
  • Moved Gladiator Mace Hands, Sword Hands and Armor to the Nemesis vendor.
  • Moved Royal, Cinder, Quicksilver and Cryogenic bikes to drifter store.
  • Moved Alien Gladiator Boots, Alien Gladiator Gauntlets, Alien Gladiator Helmet 02, Triple Straps, Buckled Bracer Straps, Buckled Leg Straps as drops from the Race.
  • Moved Brawling emote, Fighting emote and Taunt transformation as drops from the Race.
  • Removed Ironclad costumes, they will become available again at a later date.
  • Added a variety of items into the Miscellaneous section.
  • Added Rockstar archetype to the event store.

ZEN Store
For the next week the Beard and Hair pack will be free to claim. You can find it in the Featured and Bonus tabs.
From now until Monday, 10am ST the Mach Key Pack will be available.
  • Cost: 900 ZEN
  • 10x Cosmic Keys of Power
  • 1x Mach Wings costume unlock

Powers
Vehicle Supercharger
  • Gave this power a cooldown of 30 seconds.
  • This power now reduces healing on you while active.
  • Corrected tooltips to display the values of the bonus damage and recharge effects.
  • Rank 2 now gives you a boost to power cost reduction, and rank 3 now gives you energy every second.

Questionite
  • While Circus Malvanum is running, the Vehicle Supercharger weapon will be available in the Questionite store.

Recognition
  • Added Mind Control power unlock to the Champions Recognition Store.
​​

Comments

• ghost#7389 ghost Posts: 29 Arc User
    Honestly - moving the emotes and costume pieces as drops only for the race - sucks - as there are people like me - who really don't like the races.
    You could have moved them as drops for the Forum Malvanum too - so that EVERYBODY has the chance to get some of the old stuff.
    Well..that means I skip this event totally - and play a another game.
    Characters: Cybrax - DJ of SinAmatic Entertainment Radio - http://my.powerstream.live:8800/
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,424 Arc User
    The dates for the Mach Keypack and Beard pack on the launcher are for April, when they should be for May.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • speanozspeanoz Posts: 238 Arc User
    Please stop releasing limited time costume piece/travel power packs.
  • barebones#2880 barebones Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    nevermind
    Post edited by barebones#2880 on
  • guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,386 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    So after a fully charged havoc stomp the gladiators occasionally go invisible. This has been happening for years. It's kind of annoying for my toons that have high DPS because they can't target the invisible gladiators but also can't see when they're targeting me,
    Post edited by guyhumual on
  • poptartmaniac#8493 poptartmaniac Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    It's really not cool how you moved the items to the race, the race is pretty much impossible to complete for a lot of people, I've tried over and over again and gotten all the checkpoints in both the easy race and the hard one and nothing.
    It keeps failing cuz it's bugged. If you're gonna lock the items behind the race, fix it.

tons of my friends are having this same issue, they've had it for years even, unable to complete the race.
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    It's really not cool how you moved the items to the race, the race is pretty much impossible to complete for a lot of people, I've tried over and over again and gotten all the checkpoints in both the easy race and the hard one and nothing.
    It keeps failing cuz it's bugged. If you're gonna lock the items behind the race, fix it.

tons of my friends are having this same issue, they've had it for years even, unable to complete the race.

I've done the race hundreds of times and the only times I get "race failed" is when I miss a ring. If it's bugged then it's not bugged for all. Sure, on a rare occasion I get a 'Race Failed' message come up and I don't think I missed a ring... but I'm not infallible, so I probably did without knowing it, or there was a lag spike, not an actual specific race bug.

I also hit boost now and again when going through rings, without issues, so that theory that's going about doesn't ring true for me either.

I wonder what those friends of yours "unable to complete the race" have in common ( not a snark, a real question so that the devs can try and pinpoint the problem)?

zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
    While I hate these races (because they don't seem very superheroic to me and because I've never been good at video game races) I do do them when there is a reward I want (which there is this time, we'll see what happens later in the year). I only do the easy course because I don't see the point to doing the harder one (and because I don't like the races, but still want some of the rewards). They at least have the benefit of being a soloable event and the races are quick (I read the news while I wait). However, even with all that, I can't remember the last time I actually failed it. Probably the last time I did was if I over shot a ring and didn't double back in time to get through it fast enough. Maybe there are "tons" of players who fail at the race, but I personally don't experience any bugs.

If there are bugs they should be documented for reporting in the Gameplay Bug section of the forums.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    The way the rings work, as far as I can tell, is that there's an invisible object in the middle of the ring that emits an area effect radius with a high tic rate that applies a status effect to your character. If you manage to get through between tics (easier at high speed or if near the edge; latency might also matter) you won't register.
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    Removed Ironclad costumes, they will become available again at a later date.

These should be added as 'Complete Forum Malvanum' 500, 1000 and 5000 times perk rewards.
    :#
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • It's really not cool how you moved the items to the race, the race is pretty much impossible to complete for a lot of people, I've tried over and over again and gotten all the checkpoints in both the easy race and the hard one and nothing.

I've done the race hundreds of times and the only times I get "race failed" is when I miss a ring. If it's bugged then it's not bugged for all. Sure, on a rare occasion I get a 'Race Failed' message come up and I don't think I missed a ring... but I'm not infallible, so I probably did without knowing it, or there was a lag spike, not an actual specific race bug.

I also hit boost now and again when going through rings, without issues, so that theory that's going about doesn't ring true for me either.

I wonder what those friends of yours "unable to complete the race" have in common ( not a snark, a real question so that the devs can try and pinpoint the problem)?

To be honest with you I think the race just doesn't like people with ping higher than 100, all those people seem to be from other countries like australia, or latin america, or just have -not so good- internet, the game doesn't seem to register when they go through rings and it fails them. even though they're not lagging or anything, they're mostly stable when doing content.
  • johnystelar1johnystelar1 Posts: 67 Arc User
    I can confirm this.

I go through the race perfectly nearly every time, but a lot of my friends can't seem to get through it even if they do it perfectly.

I've tried everything, I've had them follow me (Not follow command), I've even followed **them** and I seem to get through but they get race failed.

I really do think it's bugged for a lot of people, and it's really upsetting because there is quite a few rewards they want and now they're locked behind a race they can't complete.
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    The way the rings work, as far as I can tell, is that there's an invisible object in the middle of the ring that emits an area effect radius with a high tic rate that applies a status effect to your character. If you manage to get through between tics (easier at high speed or if near the edge; latency might also matter) you won't register.

Stretch em out.
  • nique554nique554 Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    speanoz wrote: »
    Please stop releasing limited time costume piece/travel power packs.

This, this, one thousand times this! It's so annoying. Maybe add these "exclusive" limited-time items into the exclusive vendor so we have something to spend these currently useless tokens on.
  • ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    ^ exactly.

Right now most of these limited time offers come with something most us vets have.

Want me to spend full price for 3 items that I already have 1 of?

Want me to spend a god awful amount of questionite for a travel I have minus the aura?? No freaking thanks.
  • therealescott68therealescott68 Posts: 1 Arc User
    Burst alerts are broken. The countdown sticks at 59 or 60 seconds and never moves and not enough people get marked as joining to move it along.
    This is a well-known problem. This happens every so often and has been going on for years. Apparently they don't know how to fix it.
    Burst alerts are broken. The countdown sticks at 59 or 60 seconds and never moves and not enough people get marked as joining to move it along.

JwLmWoa.png
  • historiphilehistoriphile Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    Circus Malvanum

Added perks to unlock the Brawling emote, Fighting emote and Taunt transformation on your account.

Earning the 'scrappy' perk is not unlocking the fighting emote across the account.
  • meneshmenesh Posts: 54 Arc User
    I've had the race fail on me a couple of times cause of a missed ring in the past (especially the final ring seems to like doing it for me). I can only say, you don't need to win the race to get your reward. As long as you enter the next ring before the timer runs out your fine. If you have frequent trouble with failing races, take your time passing each ring, don't boost through them.