test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Long Range Muni Build

kjames91kjames91 Posts: 186 Arc User
Hey there!

I ran this build in the PTS with about 300 into DEX and it ran well. Survivability wasn't great, but it ran well. Any thoughts?

https://aesica.net/co/herocreator.htm?v=35&n=Long Range Muni Build&d=15720r0000000630M38000820C8D008E008J0C8T038R09K503ON01ER001L008O019D0399030ckr438W2MGB50000000000&e=

Comments

• Options
    flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    edited April 2020
    It's not really long ranged, cause frag grenade and burst shot are limited to 50ft. Dex also doesn't scale up Concentration- in that build you'd prob want Ego as your main stat. If you want to make a long-ranged Muni build w/ AR (and maybe SR), then here's an example of one:

(Unnamed Build) - Freeform (Ranged Damage)
    v3.43:35

Super Stats
    Level 6: Ego (Primary)
    Level 10: Recovery (Secondary)
    Level 15: Dexterity (Secondary)

Talents
    Level 1: The Psychokinetic (Dex: 10, Ego: 10, Rec: 10, End: 8)
    Level 6: Martial Training (Str: 3, Dex: 3, Ego: 3, Rec: 3)
    Level 9: Worldly (Ego: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 12: Impresario (Dex: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 15: Amazing Stamina (Rec: 5, End: 5)
    Level 18: Shooter (Dex: 5, Ego: 5)
    Level 21: Daredevil (Ego: 5, End: 5)

Powers
    Level 1: Gunslinger
    Level 1: Concentration
    Level 6: Killer Instinct
    Level 8: Targeting Computer (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 11: Gatling Gun (Rank 2, Listen to Reason)
    Level 14: Conviction (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 17: Rocket (Rank 2, Red Hot Fury)
    Level 20: Assault Rifle (Rank 2, Uncompromising)
    Level 23: Sniper Rifle (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 26: Resurgence (Rank 2)
    Level 29: Energy Shield (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 32: Mini Mines (Stim Pack)
    Level 35:
    Level 38:
    Adv. Points: 32/36

Travel Powers
    Level 6:
    Level 35:

Specializations
    Ego: Force of Will (2/2)
    Ego: Insight (3/3)
    Ego: Follow Through (3/3)
    Ego: Sixth Sense (2/3)
    Guardian: Fortified Gear (3/3)
    Guardian: Ruthless (2/2)
    Guardian: Find the Mark (3/3)
    Guardian: The Best Defense (2/3)
    Vindicator: Aggressive Stance (2/2)
    Vindicator: Merciless (3/3)
    Vindicator: Focused Strikes (3/3)
    Vindicator: Mass Destruction (2/3)
    Mastery: Ego Mastery (1/1)

(not an early leveling build, ofc)

For single-target dps, it puts up 3x Furious w/ Rocket, puts up Armor Piercing w/ Gatling Gun, and then channels AR as its main attack while tapping Gatling Gun to refresh Furious and the AP debuff. AoE an be done from long range w/ Rocket and Gatling Gun. I also included SR if you wanted to attack from >100ft, and you can activate Mini Mines to give yourself another self-heal. Gears mostly for Ego, w/ some Rec and Dex.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • Options
    kjames91kjames91 Posts: 186 Arc User
    Perfect. Thanks flow!
  • Options
    dirtydwarf68dirtydwarf68 Posts: 43 Arc User
    Does Furious ad that much to the dps? If I did a full maintain of gatlin gun for the AP and then used R3 Assault Rifle, I would be only losing about 10% from the Uncompromising with 3 furious stacks giving about 10% more than R3. And 3 stacks of furious gives +3% to crit chance right??
  • Options
    flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    Does Furious ad that much to the dps? If I did a full maintain of gatlin gun for the AP and then used R3 Assault Rifle, I would be only losing about 10% from the Uncompromising with 3 furious stacks giving about 10% more than R3. And 3 stacks of furious gives +3% to crit chance right??
    Yea, ideally it's about 10% more base dps over R3, plus Furious' crit chance (though you could also have 3x Furious w/o taking the Uncomp adv). You also don't necc need to fully maintain Gatling to get AP debuff up, but an earlier proc is chance-based. Either way, once AP is up, from there on just taping Gatling can refresh it (and w/ the LtR adv, taps also will refresh Furious stacks).
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!