test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

How to fix IDF.

spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
edited April 2020 in Suggestions Box
- it's no longer a toggle form
- it now applies a strong bubble to yourself and up to 5 other targets around you
- it has a cooldown

I did it.

Comments

• pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    Eh, I like just giving it stacking form effect (on top of it's existing effects) that is stacked by applying force fields or containment fields, gives a weak damage bonus (e.g. like Compassion), and gives a strong (like Compassion) bonus to shield strength only.
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited April 2020
    Eh, I like just giving it stacking form effect (on top of it's existing effects) that is stacked by applying force fields or containment fields, gives a weak damage bonus (e.g. like Compassion), and gives a strong (like Compassion) bonus to shield strength only.

This would also be a neat idea. They should do both, since yours is 100% completely different.
  • spordeliaspordelia Posts: 460 Arc User
    +10 :+1: Great ideas
  • kingpin0000kingpin0000 Posts: 68 Arc User
    spinnytop wrote: »
    - it's no longer a toggle form
    - it now applies a strong bubble to yourself and up to 5 other targets around you
    - it has a cooldown

I did it.

So would it be an active defense power? Sounds like one, though with an AOE effect. Also, since it has a cooldown does that mean the bubbles are temporary? And if so, how long do you think a bubble like that should last? Until destroyed?

I also just gotta ask. Doesn't that device from the Tako event do this exactly? Can't think of the name off the top of the head but it's from one of the undead heroes like the Amazing Grace device. I'm sure you know what I mean.
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited April 2020
    So would it be an active defense power?
    No.
    Also, since it has a cooldown does that mean the bubbles are temporary? And if so, how long do you think a bubble like that should last? Until destroyed?
    They would last for X duration.
    I also just gotta ask. Doesn't that device from the Tako event do this exactly? Can't think of the name off the top of the head but it's from one of the undead heroes like the Amazing Grace device. I'm sure you know what I mean.
    Yes.
  • kingpin0000kingpin0000 Posts: 68 Arc User

Very much like what I suggested though mine is very defense focused due to stacking when you take direct damage(targeted damage vs AOE) which makes it pretty divisive and role-oriented since that's most often a tank thing. Plus I substituted the shield strength increase in place of the flat-rate reduction believing it unlikely the devs would include both in one toggle. If having both the strong shield boost & the reduction is an option then this is viable. That said, in "stacked by applying force fields or containment fields" did you mean "stacks by applying direct shields and/or containment fields" or "stacks by applying a force based shield like Protection Field or containment fields"? The former is far more open since force isn't the only set that uses direct shields & would make for a nice alternative to compassion for shield specific builds. Also, what would you scale it with?