test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Stealth Powers & Changes

kingpin0000kingpin0000 Posts: 68 Arc User
edited April 2020 in Suggestions Box
Night Warrior's stealth is a pretty fun gimmick, but its related powers are so limited. It appears to be solely about creating a Nighthawk build. I was just thinking about ways to open it up given the advent of the Spy Lock Box though seemingly no coinciding upgrades or changes to stealth based powers. Honestly, I was certain after seeing the name "Spy" that they must have made changes to stealth to give it equal ranged utility to it's melee utility but I guess not. Here are just some quick ideas.

Night Warrior Changes
- Remove the Silent Running advantage. (Alternatively, make it's speed change the default stealth speed or simply don't bother adjusting the speed because travel powers used in tandem cover for the speed limitation well enough on their own.)
- Make Sneak a 1-point advantage.
- Add another 1-point advantage: Hide.
- Remove Shadow Strike. (Don't yell at me for this! I know you will miss your precious. I will too. It would make a better ultimate power though if anything. It practically already is one.)

Hide & Sneak (Yes, I went for it :P) would work almost identically with the difference being that whereas Sneak is geared more towards raising melee offense based on rank while under stealth, Hide is geared the same way towards ranged offense. You can sacrifice a rank to take both, but only one can be active at a time.

Shadow Strike Advantage(3)
- When used from stealth, ensures a critical hit on full charge while increasing the hit's critical severity by 50%.
- Generates additional threat against all affected targets.
- Applies a debuff preventing stealth from reapplying for 12 seconds.

This advantage becomes available on select melee powers. Better people than me would need to decide which ones would get it.

Phantom Shot Advantage(3)
- When used from stealth, ensures a critical hit on full charge while increasing the hit's critical severity by 50%.
- Generates additional threat against all affected targets.
- Applies a debuff preventing stealth from reapplying for 12 seconds.

This is simply a ranged version of the Shadow Strike advantage that would work for moves such as Sniper Rifle, Focused Shot, & Throwing Blades.

Essentially once you "make your move" or "take your shot" you give away your position & paint a target on your back until you can manage to escape. The additional threat means that if you don't kill your target outright then they're coming for you and won't be quick to turn their attentions elsewhere. That and the debuff I believe are a fair penalty given that default critical severity is 50% so your attack will do guaranteed double damage minimum. Bonus critical severity from specs, gear, & active offenses sets you up to pull off one major opening attack.

Assassin's Pride
Energy Unlock - Innate Passive
- Generates energy every 3 seconds for 9 seconds every time you land a critical hit from stealth with a non-energy building power. (The effect will refresh the duration on the buff if it's already active when triggered.)
- This energy gain scales with your Intelligence, and to a lesser degree, your Recovery.

I went with INT to make this a better option for both archery & munitions builds. I figure INT's innate power cost discount & recharge reduction is also nice for a melee build's energy stat though this power is definitely more geared towards ranged builds. This should work well in tandem with Concentration. It won't trigger while Shadow Strike/Phantom Bullet's debuff is active but it will be active for the majority of its duration.

Escape Protocol
Ultimate Power - Threat Wipe
- Wipes your threat from nearby targets & places you in stealth for 8/10/12 seconds. (This is removed upon attacking or being attacked.)
- Resets the recharge timers on all other "threat wipe" powers & removes the debuff applied by the effects of the Shadow Strike & Phantom Shot advantages. (Yes, you get to immediately follow this threat wipe up with another threat wipe in a pinch further ensuring you can get away.)

Advantage
Cover Your Tracks(2) - Sets an explosive charge at your location that detonates 3 seconds later dealing crushing & fire damage to all enemies within 20ft as well as knocking those targets back.

This ultimate would be among those with the longest cooldowns.
Post edited by kingpin0000 on

Comments

• okay, i am immediately seeing a huge problem with these powers...namely, the energy unlock can only proc once every TWELVE seconds, because the only things that would trigger it prevent further triggers for that long

that is not good​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • kingpin0000kingpin0000 Posts: 68 Arc User
    okay, i am immediately seeing a huge problem with these powers...namely, the energy unlock can only proc once every TWELVE seconds, because the only things that would trigger it prevent further triggers for that long

that is not good​​

Actually, the 12 second debuff only kicks in when powers that take those advantages are fully charges. Every other power that can crit from stealth would trigger it though it would more or less only proc every 4 seconds as is due to the stealth debuff applied by Night Warrior itself. I'll make an edit having the energy apply every 3 seconds over say 9 seconds instead. That way it should stay up long enough to get refreshed.