test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Release Notes 3/19/2020

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,078 Cryptic Developer
edited March 2020 in Release Notes
Serene Abyss
  • Fixed an issue where mobs would sometimes respawn once defeated.

Crafting Week
  • For the next week crafting tables will give a bonus when fusing mods.

Powers
  • Fixed a bug where the NPC version of Circle of Radiant Glory did not expire after its effect had been used.

Misc
  • Fixed a bug where the cloth skin material for the Monster feet did not use the skin option.
​​

Comments

• jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,424 Arc User
    This will keep me busy while stuck in doors. Also something to spend some real money on. Thanks!
    Crafting Week

JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,022 Arc User
    Crafting Week
    Oh boy, time to get Carpal Tunnel! :grimace:​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • I have a question - does the Vampire Bat monster head drop from all New Shadows or just the ones in the Serene Abyss mission?
  • kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,078 Cryptic Developer
    All New Shadows.​​
  • thanks so much
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    avianos wrote: »
    Crafting Week

With my Razer mouse I can make a macro that clicks the button for me so I can eat a sandwich while my hundreds of mods practically fuse themselves.
  • gameongameon Posts: 55 Arc User
    spinnytop wrote: »
    avianos wrote: »
    Crafting Week

With my Razer mouse I can make a macro that clicks the button for me so I can eat a sandwich while my hundreds of mods practically fuse themselves.

Hmmm... I kind of remember another macro discussion that got deleted... exploits or afk-playing drama or something...
    So afk-playing is allowed?
    The question was never answered in that deleted discussion either... just a warning from Kai... without an answer...
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,424 Arc User
    Using macros to automate game play like that might be a violation of ToS?
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • warcanchwarcanch Posts: 1,069 Arc User
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    Using macros to automate game play like that might be a violation of ToS?

Nothing about that in section 11 here https://www.arcgames.com/en/about/terms​​

-=-=-=-=-=-(CO in-game handle: @WarCan )-=-=-=-=-=-
    "Okay, you're DEAD, what do you do NEXT?"
  • warcanchwarcanch Posts: 1,069 Arc User
    Ok, found this:
    "You agree not to use any hardware or software, including but not limited to third party tools, or any other method of support which may in any way influence or give you an advantage in the use of the Services which is not authorized by us, including but not limited to the use of ‘bots’ and/or any other method by which the Service may be played automatically without human input. " in section 19.1 of the Terms of Service.

Both rather straightforward and yet ambiguous, in my opinion.

Setting a macro on a keyboard or mouse to do a mouse click every few seconds so that you can set a stack of mods to be fused for several minutes does not give you an advantage in the game. Especially since you have to change stacks every few minutes. So, you still have to be active for this.

Setting a macro to click (or whatever) so that you can leave for the day but not get kicked for being idle, especially if you have gone AFK in some farming location, using a farming technique while idle, is more into the DO NOT DO THIS of the ToS.

Third party parsers are allowed.

You can create macros using the in-game commands that activate powers, emotes, chat, etc. Obviously this doesn't violate any ToS.

It's the "without human input" that gets to the pickle. Should I be penalized because I have a keyboard or mouse that can generate the mouse click every few seconds for fusing mods? Is this really an egregious violation?

Bottom line, my concern is the "give you an advantage" part. Taken as a whole, my feeling is that a mouse/keyboard macro for fusing mods does not violate the Terms of Service. Especially since I still have to drag the next stack into the Fuse window when each stack is fused as far as it can go.​​

-=-=-=-=-=-(CO in-game handle: @WarCan )-=-=-=-=-=-
    "Okay, you're DEAD, what do you do NEXT?"
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    gameon wrote: »
    Hmmm... I kind of remember another macro discussion that got deleted... exploits or afk-playing drama or something...
    So afk-playing is allowed?
    The question was never answered in that deleted discussion either... just a warning from Kai... without an answer...

I'm pretty sure I remember that discussion, and it was about people using a macro to farm QWZ. Apples and oranges.