test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Peeking at locked characters

Hi Champs

I was out-of-game for a long time and obviously my gold status lapsed. Rather than paying for a LTS I'm planning on gradually buying FF slots. My account still has all the bought features from my previous stint for the game not to feel restrained.

Some of my old characters I remember as being my favourites, but they are locked into gold. So is there any way of finding out more about them than their name, dates, and location? I'd really like to know enough to recreate them. I tried converting a couple of them to silver but it's obvious from their gear that I chose the wrong AT, and now there's no way to reverse that choice.

Maybe there's an offline way of consulting their profile or some in-game way I've overlooked? All help will be appreciated!
===================================

I am not bad at punctuation!
MMORPGs are just bad at recognizing non QWERTY. :#

Comments

• flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    We could build a timemachine out of a hot-tub, travel back in time and use Champedia.
    :#
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited March 2020
    senzsun wrote: »
    and now there's no way to reverse that choice.

You can turn that character's slot into a FF slot (when you end up buying one), which turns that character back into a FF. Probably better than starting them from scratch.
  • rolhirarkonisrolhirarkonis Posts: 4 Arc User
    spinnytop wrote: »
    and now there's no way to reverse that choice.

You can turn that character's slot into a FF slot (when you end up buying one), which turns that character back into a FF. Probably better than starting them from scratch.

You can convert from AT to freeform, but is no way to reverse which AT. Even if you plan to convert them in the future, it sucks massively if you chose the wrong archetype in the meantime.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    FF can do anything an AT can do but better
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • senzsunsenzsun Posts: 70 Arc User
    Thanks for your ideas. The problem is that even though I can purchase FF slots and use them to revive gold characters, I don't have enough info to know which characters I can best allocate them to.
    Note to self: make and update character sheets from now on.

• n8mcdn8mcd Posts: 332 Arc User
    Stop trying to relive the glory of old characters and make some new ones, embracing the experience.
    So using the offered freeform slot, I took the plunge, chose a locked character, and "upgraded" her to freeform.
    The result? Wiped the character clean. I'll never know what she really was; the only clues are her description "Rambo met a samurai cowboy and I was the result", and the fact she carries a big axe. :o
    She'll be the last one I resurrect.

• spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited April 2020
    She'll be the last one I resurrect.

I mean, you're giving up a few pre-leveled characters, but hey its your account do what you want. I would have just made newer better cooler more fun builds with the opportunity.
    Yeah sure but consider this an information thread.
    And the information is you can't resurrect characters intact using a freeform slot.