test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Anyone expericing a bug with converting to Freeform.

xanna31xanna31 Posts: 45 Arc User
As an older player, who played back In the day of a subscription, I wanted to pop back into the game and play a little with my characters. After a little Q&A from the community it became apparent that to play the old characters, in freeform, I need either lifetime sub or to pay per freeform slot.
I had characters that were silver, some gold. I went through all the procedures and I never got the option to "upgrade", even after purchase a freeform slot during the sale that was offered a week ago.
I'm in a tug of war with support not understanding why I can not see the upgrade button as a "Selective" option. The only option to anything that offered progress was the re-train button.

Anyone else who has recently came back having this issue with the "Upgrade" button not showing?

Comments

• kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,089 Cryptic Developer
    With the character you want to convert to freeform, do they have a forced retrain option on them?​​
  • xanna31xanna31 Posts: 45 Arc User
    Yes, it did. Some of my characters were Silver, some gold. I didn't know the new directions for Champions online would be such a nightmare.
    I'm still battling with Support to provide me with the Zen I purchased in order to receive my freeform. The more I try to get my services rendered the more the a tug of war it becomes.
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,429 Arc User
    If it's any comfort, you aren't alone in being befuddled and frustrated by how subscriptions and memberships were handled. You certainly won't be the last either.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,089 Cryptic Developer
    Try using the free retrain into an archetype, then using the convert to freeform option.​​