test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Ranged Damage Slotted Passive

dialamxdialamx Posts: 931 Arc User
So we have Unstoppable, a slotted passive that increases all Melee damage (of any type), and slightly increases Ranged damage. However, we do not have the opposite. We have no slotted passives that increases all Ranged damage (of any type), while slightly increasing melee. This is annoying when trying to mix and match ranged powers for a DPS character. We can only match certain powers together in an effective way, based on the limited passive damage boosters. Hell we have two SPs that boost Fire, Ice, and Toxic. We should have at least one that acts as a ranged version of Unstoppable.

Comments

• criswolf09criswolf09 Posts: 748 Arc User
    IIRC Ego Form boost all Paranormal damage and slightly less Physical damage. I wonder if that helps.
    Useful Guides about Archetypes and General Gameplay of the Game Click Here
  • panthrax77panthrax77 Posts: 309 Arc User
    There are currently only 2 ranged DPS passives that boost all damage. Quarry and (technically) Night Warrrior, even though the latter is typically used for melee. Both are very much in need of an update, especially Quarry, but I anticipate we'll see that in the distant but inevitable archery revamp.

I very much agree that there should be more all boosting options. Personally, I feel passives in general should focus on the playstyle of the build, not the damage types. Having DPS passives for different kind of DPS is the best way to go: nuking, sniping, DoTs, etc.