test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Inventory management

guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,391 Arc User
q1N5WTK.png
So my overflow bag is full, my inventory slots are full, my modifications tab is full, and my bank is full and I have 130 more rank 3 modification bags from the UNTIL Recognition vendor to open. How are we supposed to deal with all these mods? Now that my overflow bag is capped at 20 I can't even store all the dual mods so get 5 to refine them into something I can sell. I'd like know what I'm supposed to do.

Comments

• aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    This is why I utterly detest dual stat mods and destroy them on sight. They never should've been brought into existence--same is true for junk like single-element resistance, single-framework damage buff, etc. It's all unnecessary clutter that should've been condensed to achieve the same result.

If I were in that situation, I'd find it extremely satisfying to just go down that list and purge every single dual stat mod I encountered. Same with single-type resist mods. (Single-framework damage buff mods are useful though, even though they should've just been general damage buff mods to cut back on bloat)
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • spookyspectrespookyspectre Posts: 632 Arc User
    I used a different toon to store each type of mod. One toon for vehicle mods, one for dual stat enhancement mods, one for dual stat armoring mods, etc.. The first few bank tabs are cheap, so a few toons can hold quite a bit.
  • jenniferloganjenniferlogan Posts: 44 Arc User
    Since you didn't mention it, there's also the account (shared) bank you can access via your hideout. As mods are never bound to character they can be stored there.

Up to whatever storage capacity you have there, of course. While I don't think there's a limit to how much it can be expanded it is a rather expensive way of dealing with it, given it costs Zen to expand it.

Otherwise selling to an NPC store is always possible.
  • guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    Since you didn't mention it, there's also the account (shared) bank you can access via your hideout. As mods are never bound to character they can be stored there.

Up to whatever storage capacity you have there, of course. While I don't think there's a limit to how much it can be expanded it is a rather expensive way of dealing with it, given it costs Zen to expand it.

Otherwise selling to an NPC store is always possible.

Oh, I should mention that I do have a hide out and a shared vault, but with only 286 slots that's long since been filled with vehicles, emotes, transform powers, rocks, special utility core mods, powers, junk that drops from lockboxes, costume unlocks, catalysts, teleport devices, devices, catalyst heirloom gear, event stuff like party bombs and reward bags, transform devices, currency like superdence diamonds, and companions. Maybe some other items that the game hands out that I've forgotten about.

The chief culprit is of course the dual mods, Aesica is right about that, but up until now I've managed to deal with the bloat.
    Since they added that limit to the overflow bag however it's decreased my quality of life in the game. It's become way more painful to deal with all this garbage, and it was painful before, it took me more than half an hour to sort all these mods and I'd prefer to spend my time in the game having fun and playing the game rather being stuck in inventory management. The mod tabs was an okay start, woefully inadequate to handle the monster you added to the game with dual mods, but it was a step in the right direction, but then you removed the wheels off the car with the 20 item limit to the overflow bag. It was a tiny step forward and now we got 20 steps back.
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,429 Arc User
    Well, isn't it obvious that they introduced all this stuff to try to get players to BUY more storage in their shared banks? IOW, working as intended.

Just wait until they add the dual Growth/Endurance mod!
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • nbkxsnbkxs Posts: 768 Arc User
    I mail all my unwanted mods to slab.
    [NbK]XStorm
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    Hoarders: Digital Edition

What's the bug that's being reported here btw?
  • sapphiechusapphiechu Posts: 259 Arc User
    AH that stuff! If you're hoarding costume unlocks that you've already opened, sell that stuff too! Give it away! Hold a first-come-first-served "I have # of <insert mod name/gear/costume unlock here>, and giving it away." day! Run your own personal costume contests with those as prizes! Geez, Louise, if you have THAT much stuff, put it back into the game somehow!
    3856039c53d222b47efa23bc56b3c976ccefd059.jpg
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    No Offense WTF!? why do you keep all these Rank 1 & 2 mods, dual mods, Purple Secondaries TRASH!?
    Even I don't hoard those vendor trash
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • panthrax77panthrax77 Posts: 309 Arc User
    Honestly, I throw out anything lower than a 4 unless I've got absolutely tons to fuse. Just have to sell what you've got at this point. That or use them up. Easy to think you might need them later, but if you did, they'd already be gone :P
    avianos wrote: »
    No Offense WTF!? why do you keep all these Rank 1 & 2 mods, dual mods, Purple Secondaries TRASH!?
    Even I don't hoard those vendor trash

the rank 1 and 2 mods are in the bank account, they've been in there since 2014, they promised to stop giving them in drops but I still occasionally get one. This wasn't an issue until they added the dual mods BTW and even then I wouldn't have had an issue until they capped the overflow bag. I just want someone to explain how I'm supposed to deal with all the junk they've given me? If they expect me to manually pick stuff up just to throw it away why are they giving me that stuff in the first place? If you're taking time out of my game to deal with stuff you give me then it's not a reward it's a punishment, CO is punishing me for playing the game.
    edited February 2020
    sapphiechu wrote: »
    AH that stuff! If you're hoarding costume unlocks that you've already opened, sell that stuff too! Give it away! Hold a first-come-first-served "I have # of <insert mod name/gear/costume unlock here>, and giving it away." day! Run your own personal costume contests with those as prizes! Geez, Louise, if you have THAT much stuff, put it back into the game somehow!

I've given stuff away, I've put a lot of stuff up in the AH, that's actually how I got out of that bind: by selling all the dual mods for 20 silver each, I've also mailed a ton of stuff. It's great the other players have found a way to deal with all this junk but I'd just like to know what the developers think we should do with it? If they want us to throw all the junk away than maybe give us that option from the pick up screen? If they want us to have it they need to give us more storage options.

When I get on I just want to play the game, I don't want to run costume contests, I don't want to hold give aways, I just want to hang out with friends. I'd like for CO to give me options to store all the crap they've given me.
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    You can always not pick stuff up, but yes, "go away you're trash" would be a handy option when picking stuff up.
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    I think the current number of mod ranks may have been too many. I vendor rank 1 and 2 mods personally cause I don't ever wanna deal with having them in any inventory space, even on a toon that I'm leveling up. I feel like having only 5 mod ranks would have been better, with the rank 1 mods having the current rank 3 value, and rank 5 having the current max mod value. Fusing lower rank mods could require more mods total to keep the overall progression length the same. Like fusing rank one mods requires 7 to 10 mods, and rank five mods require the current 5. Doing this would cut the number of inventory slots consumed by mods in half. I like having lots of mod types, and despite what some people say I have seen every mod type have somebody somewhere who was collecting it to use it, but the greater variety seems like it should come with a shrinking of the number of ranks.
  • warcanchwarcanch Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    First and foremost, this is not a bug. This belongs in the Suggestion forum. Don't shoot the messenger. (someone moved it to Suggestions)

Second, I AM a maximum hoarder. I deal with the quantity by having: personal Super Groups that store a certain type of item; lots of alts =lots of storage; hideout bank with >1000 slots; in-game mail (which 1 dev says they dislike this practice).

I've given away a great deal and sold a great deal. I have held onto things most people said was absurd ... until a few years go by and now it's not absurd. I like being a source of a variety of things. It's actually been very helpful to the playerbase.

That said, plenty of good advice about what to do about your situation has been given.

As for me about mods, r1-3 stat mods get vendored. All others get stored until I'm ready to fuse. I try to keep at least 1 of r4-7 of all things so when I search or find it's fuse time, things remain organized. I use catalysts for r8 & r9 which then immediately goes to the character intended.​​
    Post edited by warcanch on

-=-=-=-=-=-(CO in-game handle: @WarCan )-=-=-=-=-=-
    "Okay, you're DEAD, what do you do NEXT?"