edited October 2020 in Missions and Content
Post edited by h3r0o0o0 on

Comments

• rebeccawhite#3666 rebeccawhite Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    1QN0ozU.png
    Post edited by rebeccawhite#3666 on
    The real @becca_black - solo player, AE member

PhD with the thesis: DUC does not exist and those seen were holograms.

Mayor of MC #1.

The most reported person in the CO.

#makeerpchannelgreatagain
  • warcanchwarcanch Posts: 1,075 Arc User
    Very nice guide. Very thorough. Very comprehensive.

I wanted to say that before I say my ONE differing opinion thing: You don't need to pre-stack Manipulator for phase 1 nor phase 2 of Kiga dogs. Period.

I see so many CCers doing this, to no real net effect. It doesn't make any difference. You will be needing to use the other CC powers slightly sooner, but so what? Once you have the dogs at your mercy, stack or don't stack Manipulator. Absolutely it helps to have 8 stacks AFTER you have control. But not before. I never do it and have CCed plenty (3 max geared CCers).

All this stacking does is make everyone sit around longer while you get your 8 stacks.​​

-=-=-=-=-=-(CO in-game handle: @WarCan )-=-=-=-=-=-
    "Okay, you're DEAD, what do you do NEXT?"
    I'll be honest and say that I didn't read the entire guide, so I missed where you mentioned that. Otherwise, this thing should be stickied and spread around. I surely would love to see more players saying, "HEY, I can do THAAAT!" and making a CCer.​​

• brfabeirasbrfabeiras Posts: 182 Arc User
    Nice guide, I was always afraid of CCing for lack of knowledge, now I feel confident do give it a try.
  • rebeccawhite#3666 rebeccawhite Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    Determination gear is hard.
    Post edited by rebeccawhite#3666 on
    The real @becca_black - solo player, AE member

PhD with the thesis: DUC does not exist and those seen were holograms.

Mayor of MC #1.

The most reported person in the CO.

#makeerpchannelgreatagain
  • nbkxsnbkxs Posts: 767 Arc User
    Everything listed here getting nerfed into the ground in 3... 2.... 1.....
    [NbK]XStorm
  • jamesbonnelljamesbonnell Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    Fantastic guide.

While I agree that pre-stacking P1 is not needed, I usually do for p2.

Why?

As long as I got sleep off okay, IF I happen to get kigasniped ... I can recover and run back in plenty of time. At one stack, I think of that as a maybe, and rezzers aren't always around.

Great guide, nicely done.

Also, I use a consumable to boost HP, Bionic Shield, and MD and artificial life injection if it's up. I usually survive the P2 pull fine, but lag or bad timing can happen. I have the timing down to do Ego Storm, get those going, run in and do the next Ego Storm before stacks drop. But it takes some practice.

I use aorp in support mode, and pre is at 617 with full Virtuous.
    Post edited by jamesbonnell on
    Yeah, I'm too paranoid to leave the dogs while in Sleep mode. Too often, in the past, I've seen something attack/wake them and I need to be Right There to address it.

Kudos to you all who run up and help do some heals, etc. I can do that at Ape, but not at Kiga. That's just me (and probably some others). Either way works.

And that is a good point that Sleep timer should be high enough for "other" things (have to run back, gonna run up and spread some heals, etc).

Another reason I don't run up is I could be the one getting tombed. I could be a distance away and most are looking for the Tomb and don't see it. Or, I'm running back to dogs to get Sleep going and the Tomb keeps me away juuust long enough for them to wake. As I said, PARANOID here.​​

• jamesbonnelljamesbonnell Posts: 170 Arc User
    It does happen.

That's also one reason why initial placement is important. Not TOO close to Kiga, where you are a tomb target, and no one is going to see or be able to help. That can be tough to get right sometimes, I find, since I'm running in and just stopping roughly where I plan to.

I usually don't run up to the platform either at kiga, I like to watch the timers closely and just pay attention to what I'm doing. But my kiga CC has nearly no damage powers, just Mental Leech really.

At ape, my other CC is usually just hitting the ape.

I have... at least once in however many runs I've done .... been tombed DURING the initial P2 pull. Not much to do about that other than recover...