test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Please support fixing the queuing system

qiwoqiwo Posts: 5 Arc User
edited December 2019 in Champions Online Discussion
Hello,

I am petitioning the user base of the Champions Online community to support this thread with your recognition within fixing the queuing system and especially for PvP queue's. Much attention and time is paid to "emergency balancing nerfs" to powers that have been in the game for 9+ years. For example, when support for PVE was behind nerfing rush buff mechanics that have been in game for 9 years an "emeregency nerf was implemented during a server maintenance window. But little attention is paid to an entire aspect of the game that is marginalized and ignored over years of people asking for it to be fixed. This is a self inflicting cycle, no support for PVP but nobody can even que for PVP?

Please, I am not asking for anything but to fix what was originally working and broken by the development staff - I don't understand how its acceptable for the Stakeholders of the game to say, "well we broke it, we don't know how to fix it, oh well?"

Please bump this thread with your feedback if you support fixing a core mechanic of the game as it was originally sold. Please do not respond with, "nobody cares about PVP." jargon or anything thats confrontation. I would respect that you keep your feedback constructive and non confrontational as I am not asking for anything new in competition with PVE.

Comments

• gameongameon Posts: 55 Arc User
    So before non-PvPers cry the usual "but this community doesn't like PVP!"

First Queues in general should be fixed.
    They break too easily, too often.
    That's not just PVP Queues... that's anything with a queue... Queues just need to be properly fixed.

As for PVP Queues and Crisis Queues:
    WHY do they need to be queues anyway?
    Forcefully requiring a full team just to get in... into things most of the community doesn't like or care to do...
    Why not just make them an instance? At least then people who want to do it can do it without needing to beg for an hour in zone chat.
    What happens when the instance fills up? Next instance opens... as with any other instance.
    By comparison, what happens to any queue when it has more players than the area holds? I mean besides break...

Can even make an argument for why Alerts shouldn't even need a team of 5 to get into either if one were to queue a team of 2
    Oh, the fight gets harder? Kind of the point if you're willing to go in with half a team... and I hear some people want harder fights... just as some people want to pvp or some people want to do crisis missions...
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    While it would be nice to see the queuing system made functional, it's in no way equivalent in difficulty to things like the Rush nerfs.
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    gameon wrote: »
    So before non-PvPers cry the usual "but this community doesn't like PVP!"

This community doesn't care about pvp.
    Fixed that for you.

Fixing queues would be neat though, and I'm sure they'll get to it when they can, it's just not a priority atm. They work "good enough" for now.

Asking for major changes like making queue'd content into permanent zones is counter-productive. You don't want that, trust me, because it would majorly delay any fixes we are going to get.

As for queing for alerts with less than 5, I like that idea. The smart way to do it would be to make it so that if you're in the queue for a certain amount of time and it doesn't pop, it drops the 5 requirement. That way if there are enough people, you get matched with others to make a group of 5. During slow hours when there aren't enough people, you can go in with less.
  • metalheart#4270 metalheart Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    Update Pyramid Power as well people dont queue as much and it just lingers. It sucks trying to do some dailies when it just waste your time.
    Also the boss fight is unreasonably long and boring even with a private group.

I believe PVP queues should be fixed. People actually do enjoy that content.
    nJ54tmw.gifThis Is The Ghetto Gothix
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    Outstanding thread. Good suggestions all around. Well done everyone.