test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Making Gravity Well the FORCE's main utility mechanic - Yet Another Force revamp suggestion thread

avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
ALL RIGHT... Take #2, the functional forums marked this thread "Marked and waiting for approval" because I tried to edit it and fix a SINGLE TYPO... I hope the Forum's bot wont revive the thread again and approve it 2-3 years later
Fortunately I copied the entire thread before clicking on the post changes

Take this suggestion thread with a Grain of Salt, I'm not professional and I'm not going to touch all the powers!
You will see that I didn't think of everything throught because I got tired at the very end and run out of synergy ideas!

ANOTHER Force powerframe suggestion thread, take it in consideration with other's players suggestion
Especially with Force's horrible state of the game (No EU, Terrible DPS passive which cannibalize itself, it's only Force Cascade build)

I was talking with a friend yesterday ingame about Defensive Passives and how Personal Force Field is horrible and could be saved, I started brainstorming and brought back one of my ideas of taking Gravity Ripple's Gravity Well and making it the Powerframe's main utility
  • Fire has Clinging Flames
  • Ice has Chill
  • Electricity has Negative Ions
Then Force can get Gravity Well as its own Stack-mechanic
GET THIS! Stacks 3 times and gets utilities like Electricity's negative ion circuit and TK's Ego Leech

Gravity Well
  • Force's utility mechanic
  • Greatly reworked and rebalanced compared to Gravity Ripple's current Gravity Well ridiculous status
  • Reduce targets' movement and flight speed and causing them to Pull all their neraby allies in
  • Stacks 3 times per enemy (like Chill) the effect is getting greatly dimished if its gets applied from multiple players to avoid ridiculous results of Rubber-Seizure effect
  • Additionally, refresh a potion of Force Shields (PFF and/or Protection Shield) for each Stack Utilized/Consumed

Energy Unlock - Gravity Reverbation
  • Scales with END
  • Grands you Energy over time for being near a enemy affected by Gravity Well
  • Grands you a SPIKE of Energy when you consume Gravity Well

Toggle - Gravity Manipulator
  • Scales with END
  • Grants you stacks every time you apply, refresh or utilize Gravity Well

Force Blast
  • Knock Back changed into Knocks down
  • Applies Gravity Well (based on charge time like Ice blast) refresh the existing Gravity Well stacks duration
  • ADV - Applies DEMOLISH but only against a target with Gravity Well
  • ADV - Force Blast transforms into an AOE Blast

Kinetic Manipulation
  • NO LONGER gets consumed by Force Cascade
  • Provides a flat Cost reduction for all FORCE powers
  • Provides a small amount of damage absorption (Similar to Unstoppable)
  • Provides the user with Knock and CC Resistance

Force Cascade
    Cost-Damage stays the same because the Powerframe's entire focus is building energy to maintain this power alone... however
  • Force Cascade gains Cost Discount for each stack of Gravity Well (Capped under a certain stack level)
  • Every Time you attack targets under Gravity Well (Either TAP or FULLY CHARGE) Force Cascade will consume 1 stack of Gravity Well
Sidenote: DO NOT GIVE THIS POWER A 2POINTS EXTRA DAMAGE LIKE EBON RUIN! DON'T RUIN RANK 3 VISUALS! Everyone who loves this power loves the visuals as well

Personal Force Field
  • For each stack of your Gravity Well on the enemies, PFF is gaining Extra Resistance and Shield Regen.
  • Gravity Well on enemies will reduce their income damage against the Shield
  • You refresh a huge part of the PFF's shield by Utilizing/Consuming Gravity Well

Redirected Force
  • Redirected Force's visuals have been reworked and no longer apply Force Bubbles on each individual allies. Now the player who is maintaining this power, creates a huge Force-Shield Dome around them (picture it as a Giant Rune but it's a Force Field and the player is the center)
  • Increased MAX Target Cap to 20 from 10
  • Players are PRIORITY, to avoid Pets/Sidekicks wasting the power's resistance during cosmics
  • For each stack of your Gravity Well on enemies, this power gains additional resistance

Force Detonation
  • Applies Gravity Well on all Targets
  • ADV - IMPLOSION - Force Detonation pulls in enemies instead of knocking them away
  • ADV - Applies DEMOLISH only on primary target but only against a target with Gravity Well

Gravity Driver
  • Updated to apply stacks of Gravity Well to all targets

Force Eruption
  • Applies Gravity Well to all enemies (Based on Charge)
  • ADV Turns this power into a Knock-in power

Crushing Wave
  • Fixed the issues with this power when the target moves out of attack's cone and other horrible issues this power had over the years
  • Now applies damage EVERY .05 SEC instead of every second (to be in line with Breath powers and ELECTRIC CURRENT)
  • Maintaining this power applies Gravity Well to enemies
  • ADV - Targets hit have a chance to be stunned for a short time. Targets affected by Gravity Well have a guaranteed chance to be stunned
  • ADV - this power now Vacuum enemies into you instead of repeling them away

NEW POWER Force Shards
Exact Reskin of Telekinetic shards but with Force Visuals
100- feet, knock down primary target! Apply 1 Gravity Well stack
  • ADV - Refresh Demolish
  • ADV - Restoration ADV
  • ADV - Refresh Gravity Well stacks duration

NEW POWER Cascade Event
Similar to Avalance, Confligration and Lighting Storm
  • Assaults your enemies with storm of Force Greysers (visuals taken from OSV Gravitar Cascade Event)

NEW POWER Force Disturbance
Exact Reskin of Madness Aura, scales with END applies Gravity Well, Applies Demolish for each Object exploded

NEW POWER Crushing Field
That power OSV Gravitar uses, minus the cooldown! Needs to be fully charged
  • Knocks down Enemies and applies Gravity Well

NEW POWERMagnet Crush
Force Detonation Reskin, but knocks enemies into center
  • Consumes every stack of Gravity Well on enemies and Deals additional damage for each stack consumed
  • ADV - Creates a healing Rune

NEW POWERForce Transcendance
Reskin of Absorb Heat
  • Heals you and the allies for each stack of Gravity Well

Some Earth Powers are also given Gravity Well via ADV
and this is the point I got tired and run out of ideas
Again I'm not the best for power rebalance and there is are things lacking here​​
POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!

Comments

• Options
    lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User
    sarcastic comment take#2
    *ahem*
    5 new powers??? gee, I know it's xmas and all but you are asking for a pretty big miracle there o3o​​
  • Options
    lezard21 wrote: »
    sarcastic comment take#2
    *ahem*
    5 new powers??? gee, I know it's xmas and all but you are asking for a pretty big miracle there o3o

Depressed reply take #2
    https://youtu.be/vAUOPHqx5Gs

and if you excuse me, I will Force the Pain away by making cinnamon rolls​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    BUT WAIT! THERE IS MORE!
    Not going to update the original post because the forums will falsely flag the thread again for "spamming"
    I forgot some super special awesome stuff I want to see in CO, from my personal idea list , and
    Force in general is a powerframe that can give a lot of Fun mechanics and can be served as Magnet-themed too and I want more stuff for my Warlocks, Mages, Magic Knights and Red Mages

*NEW POWER*Reflect Barrier
    BLOCK POWER - Creates a Force Field around the user! WAY COOLER THAN FORCE SHIELD
    • For 2 seconds after blocking, you will return a portion of one icoming attack back in an AOE sphere around you (max 5 targets) Targets get Knocked down! This effect can only be activated once every 5 seconds!
    • ADV 3 points While in combat you gain Bonus Shield (Shield HP, Shield Resistance and Shield Regen) you also gain Knock resistance which scales with your Super Stats
      This effect is basically the The Elusive Monk for Personal Force Field! Now this ADV is entire useless outside PFF tanking (if this even become a thing in endgame)
      Propably making it affect other types of Shielding as well! Could work on a Shield-support healer too
    Image Reference
    Birth_by_Sleep_07_KHIIFM.png
    Stop_Barrier_KHBBS.gif
    NOT STOP magic but you get the picture

*NEW POWER*Magnet Pull
    Works like Soul Vortex! Click and Forget DOT power with a Cooldown
    • Once activate, creates 2 magnetic orbs who keep vacuuming enemies to the center
    • Chances to apply Gravity Well stacks
    • Leaves a Healing run at this end (just like Soul Vortex)
    • ADV The power now applies Negative Ions to enemies instead of Gravity Well

Magnega_KHBBS.gif
    Why yes it's Kingdom hearts inspired as well, how did you know?​​
  • Options
    bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    Just fyi Kaiserin has gone on record numerous times to say that she despises everything about Gravity Well as a power effect because it's "buggy".
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

• Options
    edited January 2020
    bluhman wrote: »
    Just fyi Kaiserin has gone on record numerous times to say that she despises everything about Gravity Well as a power effect because it's "buggy".
    c09.png
    end my misery

I was expecting a total revamp and tone down because Gravity well right now IS ridiculous

WHY would you create a mechanic you hate and create bugs? and not attempting to fix it?​​
    Post edited by avianos on