test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Release Notes 12/5/2019

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,078 Cryptic Developer
Costumes
  • Fixed a mirroring issue with the Swashbuckler sword.
  • Fixed a mirroring issue with the Steampunk bracers.
  • Added additional texture option to Dragon Armor belt.
  • Fixed a bug where some of the Demon Chest unlock items were not account wide.
  • Fixed a bug with texturing issues on a variety of costumes.

Powers
  • Fixed a bug where Mystic Flight and Aethyric Incantation couldn't color their aura.
  • Fixed a bug where a variety of powers lost their sound.
​​

Comments

• qiwoqiwo Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2019
    Sounds like 1 story point with 7 defect sub tasks at 1 hour each.

Two Questions:

1. Who is the product owner for Champions Online that establishes priorities within Features you're working on in development or do you set your own priorities?

2. Is there a road map for development priorities you can share so some form of end user feedback loop can be measured?
  • panthrax77panthrax77 Posts: 309 Arc User
    Relax, light weeks like this are normal before big events like the winter event. I trust that they're working on stuff for that behind the scenes.

They aren't much for communication, but that doesn't mean they hit the bar at noon and call it quits.
  • atlassarnosianatlassarnosian Posts: 169 Arc User
    Costumes
    • Fixed a bug with texturing issues on a variety of costumes.
    ​​

Curious what the texturing issue consisted of. Was it just missing textures, poor graphics on them, or something more?
    @atlassarnosian
    Banner.png
    Playing CO since August 25, 2012
    Lifetime sub since July 6, 2017

YouTube|Steam|DeviantArt|FurAffinity
    "Don't call me lizard!"
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited December 2019
    qiwo wrote: »

Two Questions:

1. Who is the product owner for Champions Online that establishes priorities within Features you're working on in development or do you set your own priorities?

2. Is there a road map for development priorities you can share so some form of end user feedback loop can be measured?

1. Foxbat. (Do you mean who owns the IP or the one who sits on the moneychest? Because those are two different things...)
    2. Hah..You've been here long enough to develope somesort of map..
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User

Two Questions:

3iirkg.jpg
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    giphy.gif
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • flyingfinn wrote: »

Two Questions:

1. Foxbat. (Do you mean who owns the IP or the one who sits on the moneychest? Because those are two different things...)
    2. Hah..You've been here long enough to develope somesort of map..
    P

Perfect World Entertainment is a Chinese owned company. You'd have to take it up with them about any changes as they are the ones who will end up making it happen.

• ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    Is this the bug that’s plaguing the brutal set?
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    Has the core armor man-boobs issue been fixed yet?
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • qiwoqiwo Posts: 5 Arc User
    panthrax77 wrote: »
    Relax, light weeks like this are normal before big events like the winter event. I trust that they're working on stuff for that behind the scenes.

They aren't much for communication, but that doesn't mean they hit the bar at noon and call it quits.

I'm sorry, relax? Did you misunderstand the framework reference from one developer to another or misinterpret that the question was not directed at you at all?
    > @qiwo said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > I'm sorry, relax? Did you misunderstand the framework reference from one developer to another or misinterpret that the question was not directed at you at all?

———————

No, I think he was commenting on an open forum from one poster to another.
    panthrax77 wrote: »

I'm sorry, relax? Did you misunderstand the framework reference from one developer to another or misinterpret that the question was not directed at you at all?

Ah, so yours was a professional post. Got it.
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    I'm not convinced that Cryptic uses scrum.

The answer to (1) can probably be be found by looking at an org chart if they have one available, I'm not sure who's currently lead for CO. The answer to (2) is certainly no.
    They have a list. Apparently it's a big list. Don't worry, they're busy enough to meet your approval.
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,022 Arc User
    edited December 2019
    Road Map and Champions Online!
    Now those are two words that I never expected to see in the same sentence!

Actually CO had a sort of Road Map at the very beggining via a form of F&Q Blog, but they abandomed it it after the game went F2P and was bought by PWE (and got into maintenance mode because all the focus went into the creation of Neverwinter Online)​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    373fpu.jpg

Why u no tweak Brutal Costume pieces? It's the most recent one!
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,424 Arc User
    Let's just hope the new stuff for the holiday event isn't just a few new costume parts in the event store when they activate Black Harlequin and the Clarences. I'd still like a holiday party in Champions HQ! Wouldn't it be cool if someone's Nemesis would show up during the Clarence fight, just to add a little more spice to the nog?

An end of the year powerset revamp would be nice :)
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
    edited December 2019
    Crossing Fingers for another powerframe revamp for Christmas

also Brutal Shoulderpads are still Croissants​​
    Post edited by avianos on
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Road maps? Companies telling you what they're planning? What game you think you're playing son?
    So at least the Brutal bracers seem to be fixed, haven’t check the other.

But there is also some clipping that happens to them as well, sort of like the core armor does when you adjust scales

I’ll have to add that to bugs too
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    Let's just hope the new stuff for the holiday event isn't just a few new costume parts in the event store

You know it will be! o3o/
    edited December 2019
    spinnytop wrote: »
    Let's just hope the new stuff for the holiday event isn't just a few new costume parts in the event store

BUNNY SLIPPERS 2: Electric Boogaloo \o/
    tumblr_inline_pbbd6fURZ01r2vvqk_540.gif​​
  • spinnytop wrote: »

Don't know what they will have because unlike Halloween Christmas only has a certain amount of characters and possibilities. We got Krampus, we got Santa, and elves too - except for Frosty the Snowman (available in Psionic, Leather, Cloth, Ice, Metal, Shadow and Holoforce) we're already covered lol
  • guess they'll have to start going for other winter holidays then​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
    guess they'll have to start going for other winter holidays then​​

I demand a Chanukah event.

Also Chinese New Year. That one's gonna be lit.
    Maybe we will get a skiing TP that is only available on Christmas for 2,000,000 Q? Certainly that new skating power can be adapted by using some of the graphics from frost speed/cold snap to give an ice skating power for 2,000,000 Q?

Let's not forget Kwanza and the Solstice!
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    edited December 2019
    Did we get an "Ice Skating" travel power that is just Power Skating with ice trails already? I forget...
    edited December 2019
    spinnytop wrote: »
    Did we get an "Ice Skating" travel power that is just Power Skating with ice trails already? I forget...
    Nope
    Power Skating wasn't even updated to fix the movement glitches, the broken spine bug and the lack of
    specific animation frames!

Also we need Ice-skating blades shoes​​
    Post edited by avianos on
    Don't worry. Those fixes will come with the patch that gives us ice skating!
    JwLmWoa.png
    edited December 2019
    it will be known as the "Eye Skating" Update because at one point the skating powers will be super bugged, causing characters to go upside down and skate on their faces when they move to backwards!