test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Super Robotic Build?

bladedragon80bladedragon80 Posts: 146 Arc User
edited December 2019 in Builds and Roles
Hi. So, I wanted to see if I could get back into the game, embrace my inner super robot, and go from there. Here's a list of the common super robot style attacks. More that can be included for good effect the better!

Rocket Punch
Eye Beams
Chest Blaster
A normal melee weapon (such as a sword) scaled for the robot, particularly one capable of a Clean Cut. Most Laser Blades are less Super than physical swords, partly because the former are associated with Gundam, partly because they make the robot look less like a knight/samurai and partly because Kinetic Weapons Are Just Better. Of course, if it's not Super enough you can just make it bigger...
A Bow
A Boomerang
A Drill
A weaponized tool of some sort, beyond the common drill: Screwdrivers, wrenches, hammer and nail (Example: Gaogaigar), pliers, anything that you can find at a hardware store.
Ramming into an opponent while transformed and/or surrounded by a Battle Aura.

That's off TV Tropes, BTW. I do enjoy my being up close as well, so if someone's got some ideas here on a build, I'm game for it. I don't mind mixing it up or trying to make this work. Especially as I'm apparently going to be taking a bunch of PA style powers as well from the looks.

Hope to hear back with some craziness.

EDIT: I also just noticed the 'Final Punch' Ultimate on Might. That might be something to consider there as well on the build. Especially if I can find like a drill or something on the costume pieces.

Comments

• flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    Well, mixing melee and ranged isn't very efficient in CO, though ofc it can be done. Also, I generally would avoid taking slotted PA attacks like Eye Beams and Chest Laser, as they will lockout all other power types when used. You're asking for a ton of different attacks from very disparate powersets in CO, and you can only fit so many things into one build. It'd be easier for me to know what sort of attacks are most important for you to keep, out of all the ones that you requested.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • bladedragon80bladedragon80 Posts: 146 Arc User
    flowcyto wrote: »
    Well, mixing melee and ranged isn't very efficient in CO, though ofc it can be done. Also, I generally would avoid taking slotted PA attacks like Eye Beams and Chest Laser, as they will lockout all other power types when used. You're asking for a ton of different attacks from very disparate powersets in CO, and you can only fit so many things into one build. It'd be easier for me to know what sort of attacks are most important for you to keep, out of all the ones that you requested.

I can see those being problems unless I go full Power Armor there.

That I can see, the most obvious ones to cut out would be the drill because we don't have one in game. Eye beams might be doable as something like Force Blast or another, at a guess? I think I'm looking at possibly doing some sort of Enrage with ranged knocks as an idea on my end, maybe a bunch of up close to take advantage of as well. That Final Punch looks too enticing for me not to request it in there and doing Knocks are always fun.

• flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    Yea, you could use something like FBlast w/ Head emanation and Enrage. The problem w/ using Enrage, though, is that you'll then want most of your attacks to knock, and Enrage still benefits melee more than ranged attacks. Final Punch does scale w/ Enrage, though, so if you're intent on using that Ult then I guess you mine as well go w/ the knock route.

(Unnamed Build) - Freeform (Ranged Damage)
    v3.41:33

Super Stats
    Level 6: Strength (Primary)
    Level 10: Intelligence (Secondary)
    Level 15: Constitution (Secondary)

Talents
    Level 1: The Hero (Str: 8, Dex: 8, Con: 8, Int: 8, Ego: 8, Pre: 8, Rec: 6, End: 6)
    Level 6: Covert Ops Training (Str: 3, Dex: 3, Con: 3, Int: 3)
    Level 9: Relentless (Str: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 12: Negotiator (Int: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 15: Body and Mind (Str: 5, Int: 5)
    Level 18: Physical Conditioning (Str: 5, Con: 5)
    Level 21: Healthy Mind (Con: 5, Int: 5)

Powers
    Level 1: Boomerang Toss
    Level 1: Force Blast (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 6: Force Shield (Rank 2)
    Level 8: Enrage
    Level 11: Night Warrior (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 14: Rocket Punch (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 17: Conviction (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 20: Molecular Self-Assembly
    Level 23: Scything Blade (Rank 2, Heavy Blade)
    Level 26: Resurgence (Rank 2)
    Level 29: Mighty Leap
    Level 32: Dragon's Bite (Rank 2, Heavy Blade)
    Level 35: Power Conversion (Rank 2)
    Level 38: Final Punch (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Adv. Points: 34/36

Travel Powers
    Level 6:
    Level 35:

Specializations
    Strength: Swole (2/3)
    Strength: Physical Peak (3/3)
    Strength: Brutality (2/2)
    Strength: Juggernaut (1/3)
    Strength: Overpower (2/3)
    Vindicator: Aggressive Stance (2/2)
    Vindicator: Merciless (3/3)
    Vindicator: Focused Strikes (3/3)
    Vindicator: Mass Destruction (2/3)
    Warden: Fortified Gear (3/3)
    Warden: Ruthless (2/2)
    Warden: Elusive (2/2)
    Warden: The Best Defense (3/3)
    Mastery: Strength Mastery (1/1)

Can play either at ranged or in melee, as you wish to. The main ranged attacks are Force Blast for single-target dps, and Rocket Punch for AoE. The main melee attacks are Scything Blade for AoE, and DBite for single-target dps (and the ult, ofc). The lunge and Conviction can help roll/proc MSA, though I threw Power Conversion in there cause you prob need the extra energy from it to spam Rocket Punch, Scything Blade, and/or DBite.

The build takes more of a dps approach, and utilizing the Ranged dps role to help counter that Enrage doesn't boost ranged dmg as much (though you could specialize more in melee dmg by using the Melee dps role too). You could take a more defensive hybrid-dps approach w/ the Hybrid role and R3 Invuln as the passive instead, though this will also lower your base dps considerably. Either way, it gears mostly for Str, w/ some Con and Int.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!