test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

THE WITCHER ( Ego or Single or dual Blade + Some magic IF possible for theme purpo) BUILD SUGGESTION

lmcnutrilmcnutri Posts: 20 Arc User
edited November 2019 in Builds and Roles
I just retcon yesterday and qas testing some powersets b4 decide which one make my eyes shine...

Always have played as ranged (I'm a former main Soldier AT then Dual Pistol + BCR guy) and I am looking for a closer approach (melee) and be able do unleash the highest damage possible on cosmics (without ruin the "GODMODE" aka survivor when playing solo).

Since my endgame gear already has high rank DEX mods / and since I am a huge fan of weapons / I would like some ideas to build this concept in a solid way without losing the theme purpuse.

Btw... i already have blade fury, orpal blade and blade pandemonium ultimates. Bought thinking about this future concept (if needed).

Well, tyvm for any advice that will come from you guys!

My main is called 'KODE REAPER'
Ps. I like tech costumes so all my toons have a high edge sci fi look, with the Witcher concept would be diferent (imagine Geralt inside a high tech armor - with dark elements on it - using a tech sword... like a cyberpunk version... mannnn... help me to make this come a reality!l

Comments

• flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    I guess you can take an SB build as the base. If you want optimal dps for cosmics, then you'll be squishier for other content, so to a degree you'll have to make a choice there as to what matters more to you. Also, most magical stuff will be tagged as ranged, and that won't be as optimal to use for a melee build. Anyways, one potential workaround is to try something like a dual-passive build, where you can swap to something like R3 Invuln in the Hybrid role if you want to be tankier, and the Melee dps role and a dps passive for focusing on dmg. Here's an example build for that:

(Unnamed Build) - Freeform (Any / Multiple)
    v3.41:33

Super Stats
    Level 6: Strength (Primary)
    Level 10: Dexterity (Secondary)
    Level 15: Recovery (Secondary)

Talents
    Level 1: The Master (Str: 8, Dex: 10, Con: 10, Rec: 10)
    Level 6: Impresario (Dex: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 9: Relentless (Str: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 12: Martial Focus (Str: 5, Dex: 5)
    Level 15: Accurate (Dex: 5, End: 5)
    Level 18: Amazing Stamina (Rec: 5, End: 5)
    Level 21: Bodybuilder (Str: 5, End: 5)

Powers
    Level 1: Eldritch Bolts
    Level 1: Reaper's Caress (Rank 2, Cleaving Strikes)
    Level 6: Form of the Swordsman
    Level 8: Night Warrior (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 11: Steadfast
    Level 14: Scything Blade (Rank 2, Swallowtail Cut)
    Level 17: Conviction (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 20: Reaper's Embrace (Rank 2, No Mercy)
    Level 23: Indestructible (Rank 2)
    Level 26: Eldritch Shield (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 29: Cut Down
    Level 32: Invulnerability (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 35: Hex of Suffering (Rune of Dismay)
    Level 38: Vorpal Blade (Rank 2)
    Adv. Points: 34/36

Travel Powers
    Level 6:
    Level 35:

Specializations
    Strength: Swole (2/3)
    Strength: Physical Peak (3/3)
    Strength: Brutality (2/2)
    Strength: Overpower (3/3)
    Brawler: The Glory of Battle (1/3)
    Brawler: Penetrating Strikes (2/2)
    Brawler: Ruthless (2/2)
    Brawler: Setup (2/2)
    Brawler: Flanking (3/3)
    Warden: Slaughter (3/3)
    Warden: Ruthless (2/2)
    Warden: Upper Hand (2/3)
    Warden: The Best Defense (3/3)
    Mastery: Warden Mastery (1/1)

Hex was mostly included for the magical theme, but it can have some use as a ranged DoT and stun. Otherwise, it follows the usual SB rotation of building up to 5x bleeds w/ RCaress and rupturing them w/ charged REmbrace. Scything Blade can provide an easy pbAoE to use, and Vorpal Blade can give you a bit of burst dmg. Gears mostly for Dex, and perhaps w/ some Rec to help w/ energy reserves (Growth mods on gear can also help boost your maxHP).
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • lmcnutrilmcnutri Posts: 20 Arc User
    Awesome piece of work master Flow!

A few noob questions:

1. Ebon Void Shield can replace the Eld Shield ?
    Its adv is a safe heaven to self heal while damage the atkers at the same time ( and its darkness look fits the theme)

2. Since the dex is high, the BCR is any good for heal (during solo content)?
    When with dual pistols I could grab all mobs in the room (for lazy but fast massive killin) activate locknload + MD + BCR + spam lead tempest to clean trash and then TGM on the few who survived.

3. Thinking on question n2... what u think about MD instead of indestruct? (During dino MD sAved my **** A LOT but neeer tried indestruct and would like to know ur opinion about MD compared to other defensive systems)

4. Just for curiosity, there are any special "superiority" in single blade moves and atk power if compared to dual blade and ego Blade? (I know that most top players uses sb for some reason but i would like to hear from you sire).

5. No question, just to say i am a huge fan of your work here man.
    1. Sure, you could take Ebon Void instead. Eld Shield's higher Non-Physical dmg resistance is nice for taking most types of AoE from bosses as a non-tank, but really.. most ranked blocks are fine as long as you use them well (save maybe Fluidity for non-dodge builds). I'd prob still take R3 over the 3-pt special adv for cosmics, so you have more upfront dmgRes on the block to cushion large inc AoE hits (esp w/o Con SS'd).

2. BCR doesn't scale w/ Dex innately, nor can it crit (which is one way a heal could indirectly scale w/ Dex, since Dex boosts crit%, but not in BCR's case). I suppose you could say that Dex-scaling dodge specs (like in Con PSS or Dex PSS) can also boost BCR/RR's proc rate, but those aren't ideal options for a dps either. BCR is a fine self-heal on its own (esp for dodge builds and/or with MD), but it also comes w/ a 10% final dmg penalty when used, so dps'ers looking to optimize their damage usually would want to pass it up.

3. MD is still good for a mitigation cd- just that you'll have to rank it now to get past 100% dodge when you use it (R3 NW allows you to only need R2 of MD for that, iirc, but then it still won't push you past 100% dodge if using Invuln, so you may still want R3 for it then). R1 Indestructible is kinda like the old R1 MD, but now only for non-tanks that don't already have high defense (for tankier characters, ranked MD is likely to be better if you want a mitigation cd). Resurgence is really good now too (I mean.. it was good before, but the new regen effect is also very strong). Ofc, Resurgence is still not technically a mitigation cd either, so you do have to factor that in as well. Regardless, those 3 AD's are generally the ones I'd look into atm.

4. Honestly, I think TK Blades may fare a bit better than the others now, but I haven't sat down and committed to parsing them all. SB and TK Blades can both be very strong at single-target dps, either way. DB is still decent at that, though w/ Rush no longer being innate to Dragon moves, you have to find the energy for DWrath w/o sacrificing its dps ranks (R2 + Courage, or just R3) if you want optimal dmg from DB.

5. Haha, okay. Well, thanks man 8)
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
  • lmcnutrilmcnutri Posts: 20 Arc User
    damm bro... u got some enteresting points!

1. would never figure out that lol
    2. solid argument (bcr OUT!)
    3. excellent point, resurgence all the way!
    4. that made me think about a build I "made" when I was spamming smashes... and forgot do mention about it b4 in this post... is it cosmic worth? (and high dps pawa?)

EGO REAPER - Freeform (Melee Damage)

Super Stats
    Level 6: Dexterity (Primary)
    Level 10: Ego (Secondary)
    Level 15: Recovery (Secondary)

Talents
    Level 1: The Psychokinetic (Dex: 10, Ego: 10, Rec: 10, End: 8)
    Level 6: Shooter (Dex: 5, Ego: 5)
    Level 9: Impresario (Dex: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 12: Worldly (Ego: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 18: Daredevil (Ego: 5, End: 5)
    Level 21: Amazing Stamina (Rec: 5, End: 5)

Powers
    Level 1: Ego Blade (Incisive Wit)
    Level 1: Ego Weaponry (Stressed Out, Siphoning Strikes)
    Level 6: Ego Blade Frenzy (Instill Doubt, Mental Block)
    Level 8: Ego Blade Dash
    Level 11: Ego Blade Pandemonium (Rank 2)
    Level 14: Mental Discipline
    Level 17: Telekinetic Shield (Rank 2, Telekinetic Reinforcement)
    Level 20: Id Mastery (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 23: Ego Surge (Rank 2, Nimble Mind)
    Level 26: Telekinetic Reverberation
    Level 29: Ego Blade Annihilation (Rank 2, Mental Acuity, Accelerated Metabolism)
    Level 32: Conviction
    Level 35: Resurgence (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 38: Rebirth
    Adv. Points: 36/36

Travel Powers
    Level 6: Teleportation
    Level 35:

Specializations
    Dexterity: Combat Training (3/3)
    Dexterity: Gear Utilization (2/3)
    Dexterity: Deadly Aim (3/3)
    Dexterity: Expose Weakness (2/2)
    Warden: Fortified Gear (2/3)
    Mastery: Dexterity Mastery (1/1)

Devices

Additional Notes:
    GEAR MOST FOR DEX
    edited November 2019
    If you want a basic TK Blade dps build, then I can give you one of those too:

(Unnamed Build) - Freeform (Melee Damage)

Super Stats
    Level 6: Dexterity (Primary)
    Level 10: Recovery (Secondary)
    Level 15: Constitution (Secondary)

Talents
    Level 1: The Chiller (Dex: 10, Con: 10, Rec: 8, End: 10)
    Level 6: Impresario (Dex: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 9: Quick Recovery (Con: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 12: Amazing Stamina (Rec: 5, End: 5)
    Level 18: Acrobat (Dex: 5, Con: 5)
    Level 21: Boundless Reserves (Con: 5, End: 5)

Powers
    Level 1: Kinetic Darts
    Level 1: Ego Weaponry (Rank 2, Stressed Out)
    Level 6: Mental Discipline
    Level 8: Id Mastery (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 11: Telekinetic Reverberation
    Level 14: Ego Blade Frenzy (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 17: Conviction (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 20: Ego Blade Annihilation (Rank 2, Mental Acuity)
    Level 23: Ego Blade Dash
    Level 26: Resurgence (Rank 2)
    Level 29: Telekinetic Shield (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 32: Ego Surge (Nimble Mind)
    Level 35:
    Level 38: Ego Blade Pandemonium (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Adv. Points: 32/36

Travel Powers
    Level 6:
    Level 35:

Specializations
    Dexterity: Combat Training (3/3)
    Dexterity: Gear Utilization (2/3)
    Dexterity: Deadly Aim (3/3)
    Dexterity: Expose Weakness (2/2)
    Warden: Upper Hand (2/3)
    Mastery: Dexterity Mastery (1/1)

The open power slot can be for w/e ya want.

Alternates between Ego Weaponry and charged EBA for single-target dps. EFrenzy can be used as the main melee AoE, and you have two good burst cds in the Ultimate and in Ego Surge w/ NM. Also, TK Blades don't necc need a 3rd SS committed to energy or dps (the blades scale w/ Ego- instead of Str, but that scaling is soft-capped at just 70 Ego, and player buffs like AoPM can take you there already), so you could get Con SS for it and still be fine for dps. Either way, the build gears mostly for Dex, and perhaps some Rec for smooth energy usage.

The main dps vs. survival choice here is actually w/ Siphoning Strikes on Ego Weaponry- which is very good for self-healing, but also greatly lowers the dmg from the basic combo. I went w/ the more dps-oriented route here, but you could change that approach. The Mental Block adv on EBFrenzy can also greatly boost your survival when AoE-ing, but will also come at the cost of normal ranks for dps (could also consider the Dependency debuff adv for some background healing, but that also has an opportunity cost). You could perhaps take a middle-road approach, like getting Mental Block on EBFrenzy for easy times w/ trash AoE, but not getting Siphoning on EWeaponry so your ideal single-target dps is higher. Again, I'll leave those choices up to you.